shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke''s Shoe Closet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Target shoes!

DSCF5452.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More Naturalizers (I''ve thought about getting rid of these, but I haven''t yet...)

DSCF5499.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You want scuffed and worn?
2.gif

Chinese Laundry. These were the closest I could get to a pair of Stuart Weitzmans I wanted about 6 years ago, and I wore the cr*p out of them.

DSCF5500.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More scuffed...I used to wear these a lot too...I like to call these my dominatrix shoes because of the thick ankle strap.

Chinese Laundry as well...

DSCF5513 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hush Puppies (yes you read that right.)

DSCF5558.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mariana by Golc

DSCF5535.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t remember...

DSCF5540.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''m winding down for the night, so one more pair...and then I''ll be back in a little bit with my shoe closet stats.

Don''t remember. These are the same as the yellow ones on the last page.

DSCF5554.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy cripes, Freke! I am in utter awe of all of your sexy shoes! I am so jealous I can''t stand it, though I really wouldn''t have anywhere to where most of them, either! Hubby wears Wranglers and boots or shorts and sandals for just about every occasion, so I am ALWAYS more gussied up than him...shoes like yours would just make him look sloppier than he already is! I''m still trying to figure out where I can where my fuchsia wedding shoes again (similar to your green satin ones) but they got water stains on the heels from the grass...any suggestions as to how to fix that?

Date: 10/3/2008 1:47:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Target shoes!
Hey! I have these in brown! Love them...wish I''d known they had them in red! These babies look hot with jeans...mine have a sort of distressed look to them, so they''re not "over the top" fancy! Luckily, hubby is super tall, so I can pull off the highest of heels...woohoo! Unfortunately, I just have no place to wear them!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh-- I don't know about the water stains. How noticeable are they?

I really have too many pairs of shoes. It's getting ridiculous!

ETA: I remember your wedding shoes well, I have them on my "to buy" list somewhere. I love them.

I just went into the depths of my closet, and have taken inventory if you will.

Breakdown by type:
flats- 9
flip flops- 12
sneakers- 6
heels- 72
wedges- 3
boots- 5
clogs(including crocs)- 5
miscellaneous- 1

That's 113 pairs of shoes.

Note: the miscellaneous pair would be the Steve Madden furry things on the last page. They are not slippers (although they kind of look like it), but they also don't fall into any other category with their 2 inch platform.

Breakdown by color:
black- 21
blue- 17
silver- 15
multi- 14
white- 9
green- 7
pink- 5
purple- 4
gray- 4
gold- 3
red- 3
yellow- 3
black and white- 3
teal- 2
brown- 2
copper- 1

My favorite color is blue, so that number is really high, silver is really high as well because I consider it a neutral and will wear silver shoes with anything. The multi one was basically if there wasn't a predominant color that was making it's presence known (ex: the copper and silver BCBGirls and the blue, white and green Naughty Monkeys on the first page) but the Carlos Santanas were counted as being gold. I don't have any orange shoes, and probably won't because designers don't make much in orange AND it's my least favorite color. I don't have a lot of browns or yellows either.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Imelda Marcos--oops, I mean Freke--your shoe collection is amazing! I love all your high heels! My burning questions: do you make like Carrie Bradshaw and wear those sky-high heels everywhere? I'm pretty sure you don't live in Manhattan, but if you did, would you trot around the city in stilettos? Do you trot around your own city in stilettos? Most importantly, how on earth do you keep the balls of your feet from hurting in those heels?

ETA: Hooray for metallics as neutrals! Metallic is the new black
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m jealous. I LOVE just about every pair that you posted! I think I may have to show DH this post. He thinks I have too many and it''s nowhere near as many as you have (and sadly most are nowhere near as cute
7.gif
)

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Freke - I''m speechless
23.gif

And green with envy at the same time!
21.gif

LOVE your collection! I see quite a few pairs that are in my closet as well! You have exquisite taste!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly! That''s a lot of foot bling!

Dani + Heels = Fall Down. Hard. And with much pain. LOL.

I am in awe of your heel walking skills.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Freke - a) I am jealous.
b) YOU TOTALLY JUST REMINDED ME THAT I NEED SHOES TO MATCH MY NEW DRESS

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful collection Freke!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, you''ve inspired me to buy more shoes. I''m always so reluctant to buy shoes in colors other than brown and black.

But dammit, now I want some bright-a&% pink pumps!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!
36.gif

now to go drool....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
blondebunny if I see any pink sequined shoes like my purple ones (or not like them too), I will totally let you know.

PrincessD lol

jas fantastic! I''ve always wanted someone to live in my closet!

joflier They are pretty fun!

Sabine I''m going to FF''s department''s "Happy Hour" tonight, and I already told FF that I''m going to wear some of my heels. Yay! (Now I have to figure out which ones!)

coati I''ll trade you all of my shoes, if I can live at the beach!

SDL You''re going to have to tell me what your hubby says!

Penn What does that mean exactly? Is that good or bad?

Fly Girl Me too....me too...I have to get gemstones to match my shoes now!

Linda I don''t really. It''s a shame. And it makes me depressed. But someday I will wear them all! (And lets face it, I almost have shoes that will match just about anything!)

jewelerman Total of 113, I think? (I don''t remember and I didn''t look again!) Technically I have more than that, but I''m getting rid of some. Mostly old ones that I haven''t really worn much. Steel toe Doc Marten''s anyone?

lesco you mean to tell me that not all Manhattanites are not like Carrie Bradshaw?! Ack!
3.gif

iluvcarats Lately I''ve been contemplating changing the silver toenails. I keep accumulating gold shoes, and silver nails and gold shoes just don''t vibe. But I love my silver, so we''ll see...

marcy I have basically tried to kill myself walking in my shoes. (Perhaps I''ll tell the story later...)

Sparkalicious I actually found those green satin shoes when I did a shoe search for Oobiecoo''s wedding shoes. She ended up wearing them, and I ended up buying them as well. I was in a huge green kick from about April-June. Then again, if I see any pretty shoes in any color, at any time...yeah.

Sarah Don''t worry about interrupting! It took me forever to upload all of that. Thank you!

f-d-l You should see my crocs up close--they are almost worn smooth on the bottom! Some of my heels have been worn more often than others, and they show that in real life. The blue pointy toe Kenneth Coles have actually been worn a ton (when I was working in an office)and if you look at them pretty closely, they look like it. However, most of the pictures I take are taken when I first get them, so they''ve only been tried on. Really though, when you get down to it, I have so many pairs that even if I wore one pair a day, they''d all spend 3.23 days a year getting worn. So even at that, they won''t show much wear. I think if I ever get to the point where I have one pair a day, it''ll be time to get rid of some...

Harleigh You know what''s funny, on a day to day basis, FF makes me look totally sloppy. I''d bet big bucks that no one who sees me on a daily basis would ever guess that I have the shoes I do in my closet. Or the clothes for that matter! I wear sweats and crocs or flip flops to school, and no one really sees me outside of there, so they have no idea! And FF wears button down shirts, nice shoes and slacks to school to teach in, so he totally puts me to shame. lol. Whatever. And one of these days I''m going to have to wear those red ones out into the world. The only reason I haven''t is because I don''t wear much red, and if I do, it''s more of a burgundy/wine color. Hmmm...

kittybean Thanks! I do not make like Carrie. She rules the roost! I really only wear them when I know I''ll be sitting down a lot. My favorite pair of black heels wasn''t posted because they are totally falling apart (although I did post their replacement!) and those get worn a lot because they are only 2 inches high, and I can walk and stand in them for longer periods of time. I''ve actually worn the Anne Klein ones out quite a bit, but they are only 3 inches high, and pretty comfy. The 3.5-4.5 inchers don''t get worn much because they are hard to walk in. So Carrie still has me there. If I lived in Manhattan, I would probably flaunt my shoes everywhere I went. When I was living in upstate NY, I wore a pair of Nine West boots to the city and walked over 40 city blocks in them--and they have 3.5 inch heels I believe. Unfortunately New Mexico is pretty boring, and if I wore heels everywhere I went (and I have a couple of times) I''d get looked at funny because everyone is so casual here. So hopefully when FF and I have to move, we''ll go east where I could get away with wearing them more often. As for the balls of my feet...I have a lot of those gel cushion things. They work pretty well, but any time spent wearing any heels are going to make them hurt at least a little bit. Oh well. And I love metallic shoes! They are my favorite!

Robbie Make sure to tell him there are more than just the ones I posted! And don''t feel bad about them being less cute! There is a reason I haven''t posted any of my clogs (and I have 3 pairs!)

Cleopatra I wanna know what shoes we have in common!!!And thank you.

Dani I have fallen down a lot--and most of the time, the shoes weren''t the problem! The worst time though was...I''ll tell the story later. My heel walking skills are ok, but stairs are something else entirely.

dragonfly Do you need help finding shoes for your dress?
2.gif

bee* Thanks! Someday I''ll get some Manolos in there!

elle I expect to see some bright pink pumps sometime in the near future!!!!! I was always reluctant to buy shoes that weren''t black (I don''t wear much brown) because I already had so many so I made a promise to myself that I wouldn''t buy black ANYTHING for a while. And I''ve only bought the black lacy Steve Maddens, the black pointy toe Steve Maddens (They were $30 marked down from $110!), and a black shirt or two since then. This was in March, I think? My closet has gotten much more colorful since then!

Snow You were the one that prompted this one (although, I have to say, not the first to request it!)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well you sure have a collection and I LOVE the colors. They look great on your feet too
36.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Damn girl....well you got me beat by a longshot! I usually hover somewhere in the neighborhood of 60-75 pair. But I had to sadly get rid of a bunch when I moved in with the BF (now FI) because we have basically no closet space.
39.gif

But now that I''m unpacked I am slowly but surely working my collection back up.
I wish I could wear heels as high as yours! But I fall down. haha...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
OMG FREKE! YES!

You just HAVE to bring some of these for the photo shoot, oh yes, yes you do. Especially the Report Signature purple glittery ones! And the comic book prink ones! Holy cow I am already seeing pictures in my head after seeing all these shoes.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:53:16 AM
Author: kittybean
Imelda Marcos--oops, I mean Freke--your shoe collection is amazing! I love all your high heels! My burning questions: do you make like Carrie Bradshaw and wear those sky-high heels everywhere? I''m pretty sure you don''t live in Manhattan, but if you did, would you trot around the city in stilettos? Do you trot around your own city in stilettos? Most importantly, how on earth do you keep the balls of your feet from hurting in those heels?

ETA: Hooray for metallics as neutrals! Metallic is the new black
2.gif
Omg how cute is that - my grandma calls me that! You are awesome.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Freke I''m glad i was the last person to suggest your own thread, and push you over the edge of finally doing it!

Your shoe collection is to die for... amazing..

Now what do you wear duing the day most days? Heels? because you have some lovelies there..
30.gif

But i seem to remember you being a chef/baker aren''t you? What i''m really trying to ask is, what do you wear the most? Runners? or Heels?

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Freke, your shoes are so beautiful! I would just sit an admire that collection - the colors and styles are so pretty.

I''m jealous - my feet are ridiculously small and ridiculously wide, so I can''t ever find any cute shoes in my size. I dream of being able to wear shoes like that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Humiliating story alert involving not being able to walk (or go down stairs) in heels:

As for the story I mentioned a few times above, it was my 24th birthday, and because my 21st birthday fell on a Thursday the week before finals, my 21st birthday sucked. So I took advantage of my 24th birthday being on a Saturday, and decided that my friends and I would go to a bar. Well the bar I chose happens to be on the second floor. I wore black pants, a black top that wasn''t held on by much and a tiny bit too big, a black velvet jacket, and some black strappy heels that were about a size too big and had a 4 inch super skinny stiletto.

I drank a lot that night because all of my friends were buying me drinks, I''m a lightweight because I ordinarily don''t drink hardly at all. And at this bar, they pour the drinks almost double of what they do at other bars. So after a couple strong Long Island Iced Teas, a couple Crown and Cokes, and a shot of Jagermeister (that I didn''t even remember taking until I saw the pictures) I was wasted. I had my two best friends with me, one of which was the DD, and at that point (only midnight) we decided it was time to go home.

So I''m wearing those really unstable heels, and I have to get down the stairs, AND I''m totally wasted. I get to the stairs, start down a couple, and stumble. My friends all reposition themselves around me, with my best guy friend (the DD) in front of me, and my best girl friend behind me with another guy friend, to help me get down the stairs. I couldn''t anyway. About 4 steps down my ankle turns, I''m totally off balance, and I fall down the rest of the stairs. My guy friend is half ninja and manages to get out of the way before I took him out too. But, as I fell, my shirt decided it was going to become dislodged, and my strapless bra went with it. So as I''m getting picked up by my friends behind me, my guy friend basically discovers that I am suddenly essentially topless. Luckily, we are the only 4 people in the stairwell, and he was the only one to witness this. And he''s the bestest friend ever, so he lifts my shirt by the straps so I''m at least decent, I readjust so everything is where it should be, and we were on our way.

I should mention that in the next couple days I accumulated an amount of bruises that was incredible. A few days after the fall I had to go to the doctor, who looked at my legs and decided to ask how my current relationship was and started cautiously asking if I needed to see a counselor. So I told her the story so she''d stop jumping to conclusions and then I asked her about this really bad bruise that had turned into a lump on my shin. Turns out I had managed to splinter my shin.
38.gif

Probably the most humiliating experience ever, and although my guy friend won''t ever let me forget it, I have plenty of blackmail on him, so I deal with that accordingly. And we''ve been friends now for over ten years.

As for the shoes...Not long after that I sold them to a second hand shop. I called them my movie star shoes because they had this rhinestone thing on the front, and they looked like (well I thought anyway) that they belonged on the red carpet. What sucks is that I had bought them as a 22nd birthday present to myself (technically from my parents who just gave me money) and paid about $100 for them. But they were too big, and I decided after the stair event that I just couldn''t have a pair of shoes that I couldn''t feel safe wearing. So, I hope they''ve gone to a happy home, and I hope that someone else enjoyed them, considering that was the one and only time I got to wear them.

And my shin is completely back to normal, but that was really freaky there for a while having a quarter sized lump in the middle of it. And my doctor no longer believes I was being beaten by my boyfriend. I''m back to not drinking again, and haven''t had more than a couple of drinks (only in Vegas) since that incident.

Being that I''m not eager to repeat that experience and all.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:19:11 PM
Author: vetrik
Freke, your shoes are so beautiful! I would just sit an admire that collection - the colors and styles are so pretty.

I''m jealous - my feet are ridiculously small and ridiculously wide, so I can''t ever find any cute shoes in my size. I dream of being able to wear shoes like that.
Ack, me too! I thought I was the only one with feet like this. I can wear little girls size 4 in running shoes, but when it comes to dressy heels? Impossible. Bah!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:31:40 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 10/3/2008 2:19:11 PM
Author: vetrik

Ack, me too! I thought I was the only one with feet like this. I can wear little girls size 4 in running shoes, but when it comes to dressy heels? Impossible. Bah!
I''m so glad to hear there''s someone else out there! I went to Nordstroms to try to buy a decent pair of black high heels since I was going to a wedding, and realized I didn''t have one pair of dress shoes I could wear. The salesgirl told me I was almost out of luck - most of the lines that make wide shoes don''t carry them in sizes as small as I need. When I went shopping for hiking boots this summer, I ended up in a Boys size 3 (I think), extra-wide.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda Thank you! I keep trying to buy great colors, but sometimes I see shoes that I love the color of and the style just sucks. So they don''t get to come home with me.

wishful Lol, I don''t know if having so many is a good thing. They are literally taking over our closet, and I''m going to have to do something about it. I''m sorry you had to get rid of some of yours! I hate to get rid of mine, but some I''ve been holding onto really need to go (Senior year prom shoes for one). Perhaps I''ll post those later too. And I fall down too. Oh well.

MP Yes m''am! LMAO!!! Which ever ones you want...I can''t tell you how many times I''ve been called Imelda. It''s a little sad really.

Snow Thanks hon, I''m glad you made me do it! I haven''t really looked at a lot of my shoes in a while, and it''s a good refresher as to what I actually have in my closet. I have so many that I forget sometimes! Most of the time I wear Crocs during the day. I know I know it''s awful, but they are so comfy and easy to walk in! Sometimes when I get home I''ll put on some heels and then get laughed at by FF because he thinks I''m goofy.

I am a chef/baker (when I''m in the kitchen at least) so when I''m cooking at home on the hard tile floor I''ll usually wear a pair of Crocs because they are the only semi-normal shoe I can wear for a while and not have my feel hurt. I will attach a pic of my cooking clogs that I wear when I''m in a professional kitchen. I have had these for years, and I can''t bear to get rid of them, plus they are still super comfy for the long long hours I''m in a kitchen.

vetrik If you need any help finding cute shoes in your size, I''d love to help out. I''m always up for a challenge. I know how hard it is to find shoes that will fit odd sized feet from working at a local shoe store.

Here are my Dansko cooking clogs (about 5 years old, and super tough!):

IMG_1035 freke.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, Freke, that is an awesome story.

Props to you for having the guts to share it.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results