color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1475178688|4082122 said:
Arcadian|1475174253|4082072 said:
I put on the wrong perfume for the day ...lol it happens. Today's perfume is Amouage Memoir Woman. A bit heavy but still lovely.

I have been interested in this one, how is it?

Balmy, spicy, smokey, with a bit of green from the wormwood and an aura of jasmine and tuberose. Like today the smokiness was a wee bit much, and the whole thing is very rich and it lasts forever. In cooler weather though its perfect. The bottle I reached for (stupidly) was the extrait... This was the wrong morning to reach into the closet without my glasses....lol Worth trying but stronger than the edp.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Robert Piguet's Bandit on sunny and windy Friday :dance:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
New Rose Fragrance I have been obsessing over Louis Vuitton Rose Des Vents, bulgarian rose mixed with cedar! <3 :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Found an old bottle of Youth Dew so that is what I have on. Works for this gloomy, cold, foggy day.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I broke out the Prada Exclusives. I love this line, I don't have them all, only 7 of the main 14 as they can be hard to find (you can only get them at particular prada boutiques). They're fun though, and meant to be worn together. Today I wore 2 and 9 which is an interesting combination (2 is Oeillet, 9 is benjoin) 2 is all about carnation. Its a spicy veil. 9 is Candy's big sister. 1 is my favorite of them all though. The infusions lineup are direct result of the parfum exclusives.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is simple. Elizabeth Arden Yuzu Green Tea. I love the warm citrus mixed with the fresh green brightness

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett you always wear the coolest stuff! Gotta go get my nose on that one!

Today I'm wearing Caron Eau de Reglisse. Somehow in the move I forgot it even existed, and just pulled it out of a box last night. I hate that I'm still unpacking stuff, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1475427923|4082939 said:
ckrickett you always wear the coolest stuff! Gotta go get my nose on that one!

Today I'm wearing Caron Eau de Reglisse. Somehow in the move I forgot it even existed, and just pulled it out of a box last night. I hate that I'm still unpacking stuff, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

aw thank you! :wink2:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today I layered two of my favorites.
Creed Acqua Fiorentina and Bvlgari Rose Essentielle

They smell so nicely together, sweet rose with a blast of citrus! <3

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1475427923|4082939 said:

I love surprises like that, they are the best!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Bright and fun today Maison Francis Kurkdjian Acqua Universalis Forte

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Dame Perfumery Scottsdale Chocolate Man I kinda splurged and got 5 samples from them. Chocolate man is nice...though categorized for men, its that a dry chocolate that I like very much. I paired it with Palmers Cocobutter :lol: Oh yeah :lickout: come to momma....

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1475528285|4083301 said:
Today Dame Perfumery Scottsdale Chocolate Man I kinda splurged and got 5 samples from them. Chocolate man is nice...though categorized for men, its that a dry chocolate that I like very much. I paired it with Palmers Cocobutter :lol: Oh yeah :lickout: come to momma....

that sounds really nice!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have been wanting to pick up a new vanilla-esqu fragrance, so I am trying a few out. Today I am sampling Commodity Gold

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Creed Fleurissimo today. Have anyone noticed how it reminds Valentino's Valentino? Valentino was my flower scent in my 20's...almost 30 years ago... :shock: :shock:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Confection10|1475602274|4083561 said:
Creed Fleurissimo today. Have anyone noticed how it reminds Valentino's Valentino? Valentino was my flower scent in my 20's...almost 30 years ago... :shock: :shock:

I LOVE Fleurissimo! I just picked up a new bottle of it!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1475603952|4083572 said:

Great taste You have, ckrickett! This morning I picked Mitsouko, a parfum I adore over the moon and if I have to pick just one for rest of my life it would be Guerlain Mitsouko (or perhaps I should pick Shalimar instead, because I have wear it since my teen age, over 35 years and it always make me feel so ME...)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Confection10|1475680062|4083852 said:
ckrickett|1475603952|4083572 said:

Great taste You have, ckrickett! This morning I picked Mitsouko, a parfum I adore over the moon and if I have to pick just one for rest of my life it would be Guerlain Mitsouko (or perhaps I should pick Shalimar instead, because I have wear it since my teen age, over 35 years and it always make me feel so ME...)

I adore Shalimar, so my vote would be for that. Its what my Grandma wore so it reminds me of her! Its so luscious!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
doing final preparations for this blasted Hurricane, so I just grabbed a bottle and spritzed. YSL Mon Paris. Which has picked up my mood a bit because its so fresh and sweet

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Cerruti 1881 Blanche. This was a NEED, since mimosa always makes me feel happy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1474919974|4080978 said:
redwood66|1474916481|4080969 said:
Arcadian|1474916078|4080965 said:
redwood66|1474912094|4080940 said:
I would love to find a fragrance similar to the SJP Lovely that has been discontinued. I do not like very strong or overpowering scents and too much floral, soapy, or citrus is not good. My husband liked Lovely and I have not found anything I like as much.

This is the description of it:

It opens with soft citruses (nectarine and bergamot) and woody (rosewood) notes, with a touch of lavender, which is very discrete and not at all sharp. The fragrance develops further with notes of apple martini, white daffodil and orchid. The base unites white amber, cedar, woody notes and white musk.

Redwood, you can still find it on ebay. beautyspin.com also has it (have purchased from them, its a legit site)

According to Fragrantica.com Narciso Rodriguez for Her is similar as well as Tocca Cleopatra (have never tried this)

NRH is musky to me. I have vague memories of SJP unfortunately. Would suggest trying NRH to see if its close to it though.

Thanks! Do you think these are genuine and maybe new-old stock? Does fragrance spoil after an extended period of time? I will see about the NRH. I do like musky much more than floral or citrus but some can be too deep or even manly. LOL.

They're genuine. Likely older stock considering its discontinued...which can mean that you may get a box that has dings or whatever, but IMO the juice is the most important. Its one of the places I got a fair number of fragrances from. Fragrance CAN spoil, but these days the mainstream stuff is not exactly natural anymore, so keeps a lot longer if its a stable mix to begin with. I've got a few from the 1960's that because they were stored well, still smell fantastic. And I've also had some that I bought from a department store that because some of the materials weren't the most stable, degraded even though I bought them new.

I sadly have over 70 bottles. so um.. yeah. :oops:

Anyway if online freaks you out a little you can also try locally at TJMaxx or Marshalls. I've seen Lovely there before, but don't remember seeing it recently (I was just there yesterday...lol)

JSP won't have as many natural components as some others, so you'd be fine.

Also, Try Bottega Veneta's line of perfumes. You may not like the flagship fume if you don't really like suede, but Bottega Veneta Eau Legere and Essence Aromatique sounds like they're up your alley. (neimans I believe has this line if you have one near you)

Still, try NR and see what you think! Its pretty much a crowd favorite.

I tried the Beautyspin site and got my bottle of SJP yesterday. It is probably an old stock but the bottle is a bit different color than my old one I have been nursing along for years. It was in the cellophane wrapped box. Upon opening and using, the first scent is of alcohol and it is strong. Once that has dissipated the faint scent of Lovely is noticed but is very faint. I think I can conclude that this particular scent does not last years like others may, it is possible the ingredients are too fragile.

Since it was cheap to try I am not bothered. Looks like I need to try the Narcisco Rodriguez for Her. Thank you again Arcadian! :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood. I'm so sorry it didn't work out!! I had to throw out a bottle of LeDix which usually is amazing. I sprayed and it smelled like stewed celery :cry: NR should be quite close to what you're looking for. None of course are ever dead on sadly.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Its been hectic week, but today I can finally breathe easy.
Celebrating by just doing nothing and enjoying the day. I wanted something sweet today so I went for Killian's Forbidden Games.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Chilly, sunny Friday with Guerlain L'heure bleu :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Confection10|1475857051|4084497 said:
Chilly, sunny Friday with Guerlain L'heure bleu :wavey:

Oh I love that one!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am curious what everyones fragrance collections are. I love seeing what people have and what they use and wear

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1475859791|4084510 said:
I am curious what everyones fragrance collections are. I love seeing what people have and what they use and wear

Just yesteday I thought how funny it would be share some pics of our beautiful parfums. I'll try take this weekend some shots of mine :dance: ...I think I might surprise by myself too. I have quite decent collection made during last 15 years... :shock:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Confection10|1475860849|4084512 said:
ckrickett|1475859791|4084510 said:

Just yesteday I thought how funny it would be share some pics of our beautiful parfums. I'll try take this weekend some shots of mine :dance: ...I think I might surprise by myself too. I have quite decent collection made during last 15 years... :shock:

I may do that as well. I just got a new cabinet for them. Nothing fancy, but they have a permanent home now!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
...and picked out today's fragrance Trussardi's Inside :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results