clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1401807042|3685541 said:
rosetta|1401795291|3685465 said:
Scent of the day: Chanel coromandel.

I wasn't expecting to get this one out until the autumn, but it's raining buckets today and I need the warmth. I get dry amber, benzoin, spices from this. More importantly, it smells like my grandmothers old house. Which was a red brick fort in the tropics, at least 200 years old. Yes, she had lacquer screens and yes Coromandel smells like them. This fragrance is nice on me, it is SPECTACULAR on my husband. Sex on legs. Women turn up out of nowhere for a sniff and a stroke of his arm. A sharp suit, well coiffed waves of thick hair (the b******!) a nice watch, 2 puffs of Coromandel and they are all over him. They seem to forget he is somewhat short and baby-faced. He smells like money.

Reader, I hid the bottle from him. :halo:

:lol:

Very wise of you.

I'm going to have to try this one, based on your description. Is there a sandalwood component?

I dug out my small bottle of Coromandel, wearing it tomorrow! :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not participated in any of the scent threads, but that doesn't mean that I have been unaffected by them. ;)) When I was young I used to wear a lot of fragrance. I would have said, "perfume" in the past, but of course, technically, it was not always perfume. When I was young, however, no one questioned others wearing perfume, no matter how strong. In those days people smoked in their houses and in closed automobiles, too! We were used to breathing in just about everything! I just recently have not been wearing any scent!

When I was young, my favorite perfume was Shalimar by Guerlain and I also liked similar scents like Moschino and some others (which I now cannot even recall) when I found them. I also recall a flirtation with L'Air du Temps and one with Dioressence. And then there were some true rose scents, one by an English manufacturer.

In more recent years I have been wearing "Pleasures" by Estée lauder and doing the spray the air and walk through it routine so as not to offend others with heavy scent if I wear any scent at all. But often I wear nothing and when people say I smell good it is because they are smelling my moisturizer!!! (That is, "Kiss My Face", by the way, and I like the way it smells, too!)

But one of the scent threads in Hangout showed me to a website where I could buy a bottle of eau de toilette and get free samples and I wound up buying some soaps and scent that I had never tried before as well as getting samples of other new scents. So now I feel that i am part of the group! The new spray that I am trying is "Philosykos" by diptique and it is a fig scent.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

06/04. Kilian: Good Girl Gone Bad. Eau de Parfum.

Loved it in the store--seemed a winner. I got sweet/tuberose/violet? on first blush...some jasmine...dry down earthy. Quite interesting.

I had compliments, today, on the scent--which surprised me completely since I (believe I) have nothing on my skin. Truly. Too, I moisturized today with Chanel #5 lotion...and wondered if that also lingered....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

O6/03. Le Labo. Rose 31. Perfume Oil.

The sexiest scent...that I cannot identify. If there is rose present, it is beyond me. Spice. For sure. Full bodied, like a good Cab Sauv.

I put it on pulse points and base of hairline hoping the "heat" would bring a burst of fragrance. Or just a subtle emission. Nothing. What am I a zombie? It is gorgeous tho, and perhaps I just needed to lean in closer for a response! :saint: :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be back in action soon peeps, I have had a touch of a throat infection and it's definitely affected my sniffa the past couple of days. To ensure I smell good even if I don't sound it, Kelly Caleche edt again.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401960206|3686880 said:
I will be back in action soon peeps, I have had a touch of a throat infection....

Lorelei, I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill and hope that you feel better soon!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This thread is so awesome. I've been interested in, and reading about, perfumes for a while now--Luca Turin's book is so fabulous and accessible. But, I never had the venue to write and share about it (or the drive to join the fragrance forums). I'll definitely try some of the new scents posted here.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
SOTD: Diptyque Tarocco- orange blossoms!

Missed yesterdays, but it was the new one from Guerlain - Terracotta. On me it's pure vanilla :angryfire:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Feel better lorelei!

Aoife: I don't get much sandalwood from coromandel.

SOTD: Castana from Cloon Keen Atelier. Big dose of vetiver tempered with an underlay of jasmine. My husband wears this too. I find it sophisticated, good for an important meeting when you need a bit of a power boost.

This is a small perfume house based in Ireland. I like their style: I found them through my local perfumery Les Senteurs. Wonderful place!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does "SOTD" stand for "Scent of the Day"? I do not text, so I have to guess!

Deb
:saint:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
You're exactly right Deb!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I wear La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'artisan. After I spray it on, I can only slightly smell it but I can smell it on my clothes or coat. I try other perfumes because I'd love a bolder fragrance but this one is just "me" according to my family because I've worn it for years and years. It's seriously the only fragrance that doesn't bother me.

It's a floral with jasmine, tuberose(not Fracas like, soft and fresh) and linden. I think it's the linden that gives it the softness that I love.

It's expensive $145 for the large bottle but I always and I mean always buy it off of ebay and buy a tester if I can. So, for my new bottle, in the box with cap I paid $79.

I like to wash with Burts Bees baby scented products that have an apricot scent to them, slightly. It doesn't compete with my perfume but goes nicely.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Debs and Rosetta, I'm getting there now, I still feel a bit weak and rubbish but not as bad as I was thank goodness.

Still in Kelly Caleche....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SOTD 5th. Creed Spring Flowers. Floral--sweet. I get peach, a hint of melon.

Same problem different day; no luck with longevity! Couldn't smell a thing within 2 hours.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FOTD....vindicated today!! Wore Malle: Carnal Flower, and some random man said....you smell beautiful! :bigsmile: Did have a base of Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess oil (on)...but it all worked! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

New Pricescope member but I am a long time lurker. Thought now would be as good as time as any to jump in. I purchased Creed Spring Flowers last week and wore it today for the first time. The fragrance didn't seem to last longer than an hour. Ar first I thought it had to be my nose having allergy issues but Canuk-Gal stated above it didn't last on her either. The fragrance was so soft and pretty when first applied.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I adore Carnal Flower Sharon, I bet you smelled beautiful indeed!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1402183558|3688623 said:
Hi,

New Pricescope member but I am a long time lurker. Thought now would be as good as time as any to jump in. I purchased Creed Spring Flowers last week and wore it today for the first time. The fragrance didn't seem to last longer than an hour. Ar first I thought it had to be my nose having allergy issues but Canuk-Gal stated above it didn't last on her either. The fragrance was so soft and pretty when first applied.

Hi Callie and welcome! :wavey:

So glad you decided to join in the fun! I found SF to not be long lasting on me either when I tried it, but for those scents that do a vanishing act, I find the following helps. Give yourself a few good squirts from a new bottle to pump out the scent sitting in the tube, then give the bottle a couple of weeks to settle - you can of course use it during this time- I often find that a little ' maturing' makes all the difference in how the scent smells and lasts once it has aged a little.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1402213253|3688723 said:
I adore Carnal Flower Sharon, I bet you smelled beautiful indeed!

I am going to have to try this one again....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Lorelei for the warm welcome. It can be intimidating the first time posting. Hopefully your suggestions will help because I do really like Creed Spring Flowers. I've been trying to find a new signature scent for the past 6 months. So many fragrances give me a headache now. Very strange because I never used to have this problem. I can't wait to try the fragrances others are recommending.

Rosetta your post was hysterical.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I know I've been AWOL for a few days, so I'm back at it, this sampling/testing mode I've set myself.....

I write this smelling like a fruit salad of sorts.

Today I tried L'Occitane Pivoine Flora - a peony and magnolia floral with a woody trail. Didn't want to claw it off my arm, but, meh. Not for me.

And based on a shining review at PerfumePosse, I tried their Vanille & Narcisse EDP.
I bit too cloying for my taste. I should have known perhaps, because whenever a scent is described as having vanilla, I pretty much don't like it. But hey, I'm out there trying stuff on, right?

I tried on their The' Vert & Bigarade EDP on the other arm, and again, meh. Apparently, only one tea scent was meant to call to me: Oh for a time-capsuled bottle of my lamented Crabtree & Evelyn Song de Chine. I did so love that stuff. Apparently I was the only one, because it was only around for about 15 minutes. Sigh...

So from there I wandered over to Sephora. And either my nose was done, or I simply can't smell stuff anymore. Freaky! And did I mention that certain tried-and-true scents are not staying on me, they like, disappear? Is this a symptom of menopause??

Anyway, since my arms were pretty covered with competing smells, I tried a little scent sample paper of Roses de Chole', (I lost the sample I had from a while back) and almost couldn't smell it at all while the thing was still WET. Bizarre.

There was one, ONE, that got my attention, and that was Balenciaga Rosabotanica. I actually correctly picked up the pepper in it. Score one for the "nose mute": I got something right. I brought home a sample of that one. Today is clearly NOT the day to comment on it, since I'm in an olfactory daze still. It will take a clean arm, nose, and brain to comment further on whether I will be able to discern more than just the peppery notes, but it seemed hopeful.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1402243134|3688852 said:
Thank you so much Lorelei for the warm welcome. It can be intimidating the first time posting. Hopefully your suggestions will help because I do really like Creed Spring Flowers. I've been trying to find a new signature scent for the past 6 months. So many fragrances give me a headache now. Very strange because I never used to have this problem. I can't wait to try the fragrances others are recommending.

You are most welcome Callie! I remember my first time posting over 9 years ago now, I was terrified, but here I am and I am glad you took the plunge, we have a lot of fun here! I notice another thing with a new fragrance, for me anyway, it's almost as if I am so keen to keep smelling it that I perhaps try a bit too hard and miss the subtleties. Then once I think that's another one that dies out quickly and I just spray it and don't expect much from it, it surprises me! I do think a little ' brewing' helps, keep trying with it and see if things change. I wish I could find a signature scent but I am far too fickle. I have my top 5 and many others that I like but aren't holy grail material.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Today I'm wearing Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Vert Pour Madame, a green chypre. I bought a sample of it based on the review on The Nonblonde, and I'm so glad I did. I think I'm going to need to buy a bottle of this. I've admired DSH for a long time, and have several of her scents, but I've really been blown away by some of her recent offerings, and this is one of them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

FOTD--Chantecaille: Frangiapaine.

Chantecaille has a few nice scents--but this one stayed the longest on me after sampling, so I bought it. It is sweet, sweet, sweet!! I get white petal (not like Chantecaille petales scent which is quite white) and orange. I love the beautiful bottle!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1402243134|3688852 said:

Agreed! Yes, many of her posts are and we are all charmed by her. :appl:

Stick around! CCake!

cheesr--Sharon

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Today I'm wearing Pleasures by Estee Lauder, eau de parfum. Its a strong floral, heavy with jasmine, and fairly sweet. I like it. It reminds me of a more complex 'Lust' by Lush.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOTD vintage Christian Dior Dune.

I often get hankerings for this one, as the name suggests it is ' dry'...I find Dune to be a bit of a contradiction, it's slightly juicy and citrus on opening, then I get wallflowers, in my imagination these wallflowers are growing up against an old picket fence in Nantucket that has been weathered by the sea winds, sun and salt for many years. Sitting right by the fence in his porch is an elderly gentleman smoking a cigar, little puffs of tobacco mix with the flowers, wood and the tang of the sea. Who might have worn Dune well? Ellen Brody in Jaws! :lol:

Seriously, it's a beautiful fragrance, it's quite long lasting and lasts for most of the day but I do respray to enjoy the top notes again and it's widely available in most stores. This is a fragrance where I think the modern version is still quite good, it's not as rich as the original but it's still similar and very wearable.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Mahora

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1401927596|3686701 said:
HI:

O6/03. Le Labo. Rose 31. Perfume Oil.

The sexiest scent...that I cannot identify. If there is rose present, it is beyond me. Spice. For sure. Full bodied, like a good Cab Sauv.

I put it on pulse points and base of hairline hoping the "heat" would bring a burst of fragrance. Or just a subtle emission. Nothing. What am I a zombie? It is gorgeous tho, and perhaps I just needed to lean in closer for a response! :saint: :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

Revisited this today. Put the oil on right after showering. Running downstairs must have generated some heat or something--I could smell ROSE! Just one second...it was dark, broody. And gone. But I knew it :love: . Another dab behind my knees and off to work.

I could smell my Le Labo at work. And one colleague did comment 8 hours later, she liked my scent. It is present now, the spice. Officially, I LOVE it!

cheers--Sharon

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Ginger Ciao

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results