shape
carat
color
clarity

Found this fabulous ring mount, wondering if..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
my 7.7mm diamond can be used in it, to replace the existing 8mm ruby? It looks kind of roundish under the ruby, like maybe a round would fit in there ok. Any expert opinions, as to whether the prongs can be re-worked to fit my diamond? The diamonds in the mount are G in color and VS quality (.85 carat TW). The ring is less than $300, and I know to have a mount like this made, would cost over $1000. It looks like such a pretty, and unique ring, the price is fabulous, but I guess it's only a great deal, if it will accommodate my diamond. Hoping vendors/diamond setters will chime in here. Thanks

mount ruby.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I really like this PS member e-ring, and I''m hoping my diamond can be put into the mount above, with a little space around the diamond and mount, like her ring. Think it''s possible? I thought I remember my jeweler telling me that he can''t use prongs on a used mount, that new prongs are required to fit the girdle of my diamond. Can new prongs be made for the above ring mount?

Sooooooo NICE!.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
105 viewers and nobody can help me out? Should I buy the ring? Help me out please..

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey There,

Not sure what to tell you in terms of it fitting a round. I''m guessing not, but again, I''m not an expert benchman. I am an expert in looking at jewelery.
9.gif
25.gif
Thats a great price for that ring. I would still buy it even if one day you put in a coloured gem. Not sure if it comes with the stone thats illustrated in the pic, but for that price, I''d snap it up. :)

Judy
:)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beau, I thought you just set your stone and were happy with it??

anyway, i''m no expert so i have no idea if it would work. deejay''s round stone is in a cushion halo and the tiny gaps bugged her to know end. she had it reworked a bit and the stone lowered and eventually has accepted it, but be sure that''s the look you really want. If you like them that''s great, it may be a good option. I would probably email or take the pics to your jeweler and ask them since they are the ones that would be setting the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results