color
clarity

Found this beautiful girl kitten the other night

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1401258090|3681496 said:
CJ2008|1401045725|3679801 said:
Yes, we took it off the flier and will just bring it up when someone inquires. I also put that they must be open to a home visit. I think I could tell a lot by being in someone's environment even though I'm sure I'll feel pretty uncomfortable doing it. :sick: It feels a little judgmental but I think I need to be, on her behalf, so I'll do whatever it takes so that I am at peace with where she'll go.

I will say the "must be open to a home visit" would stop me from even considering responding to a private adoption. I would be fine if it were through the humane society or another organized group, but from a private adoption it would honestly creep me out. I'm sure you are an honest person with the best of intentions but I think that's too personal. I see nothing wrong with mentioning indoor only and then bringing up declawing in person or even put declawing on the flyer. Those are things I would not have an issue with. Its surprising to me how many people let their cats outdoors. It was specifically in the contracts when I got my cats "no declawing and indoor only" and I was happy to comply. But most people where I live let their cats out and think I'm over protective. I don't care, my cats are family and no way will I let them out of my house!

I never thought about the creep factor - I guess the other side doesn't know me, and I could be a creep just like anyone else.

Thanks for offering a different perspective, I had never considered that.

Having said that - I would still rather leave it on (BTW though, I did put "would prefer someone who's open to a home visit" so I didn't put the word "must.") because I do think it will help weed out some people (although I realize now, potentially some good ones too). I hope it at least makes it a little softer so that people will at least reach out and maybe by talking to me they can see I'm just trying to do the very best by the cat.

And I am 100% with you on the indoor thing!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1401258090|3681496 said:
CJ2008|1401045725|3679801 said:
Yes, we took it off the flier and will just bring it up when someone inquires. I also put that they must be open to a home visit. I think I could tell a lot by being in someone's environment even though I'm sure I'll feel pretty uncomfortable doing it. :sick: It feels a little judgmental but I think I need to be, on her behalf, so I'll do whatever it takes so that I am at peace with where she'll go.

I will say the "must be open to a home visit" would stop me from even considering responding to a private adoption. I would be fine if it were through the humane society or another organized group, but from a private adoption it would honestly creep me out. I'm sure you are an honest person with the best of intentions but I think that's too personal. I see nothing wrong with mentioning indoor only and then bringing up declawing in person or even put declawing on the flyer. Those are things I would not have an issue with. Its surprising to me how many people let their cats outdoors. It was specifically in the contracts when I got my cats "no declawing and indoor only" and I was happy to comply. But most people where I live let their cats out and think I'm over protective. I don't care, my cats are family and no way will I let them out of my house!

I never thought about the creep factor - I guess the other side doesn't know me, and I could be a creep just like anyone else.

Thanks for offering a different perspective, I had never considered that.

Having said that - I would still rather leave it on (BTW though, I did put "would prefer someone who's open to a home visit" so I didn't put the word "must.") because I do think it will help weed out some people (although I realize now, potentially some good ones too). I hope it at least makes it a little softer so that people will at least reach out and maybe by talking to me they can see I'm just trying to do the very best by the cat.

And I am 100% with you on the indoor thing!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1401278398|3681566 said:
Last May my son found 7 abandoned kittens. We think they were dumped by a hoarder because 4 of them were one week old and the other three were 3 weeks old. We raised all of them and had to find homes. I got in touch with a local rescue group and got all of them fixed and micro-chipped for free. They advertised the kittens on their FB page for me. We worked as a team to find them homes and I used their adoption contract. Of course it stated : no declawing, indoor only, cat must be returned to me if giving up for any reason. Maybe you can find a group that will help you.

Yes, thanks to MZ's suggestion, I contacted a local rescue group, and if I want to, I could work with them in this exact same way. So I'll probably do that (unless DH's heart melts and considers keeping her :bigsmile:) I haven't read their contract yet but I'm sure it has a clause in there about returning to me if it doesn't work out for any reason (and if it doesn't, I can ask them if they'd be willing to add it for this case, they seemed very open to helping me do whatever it takes to find this kitten a good home).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Misfit! :wavey:

I know, she really is!

How are your babies doing?

And I know this is like from forever ago, and maybe I even know the answer and I'm forgetting...but did it all work out OK with your pendant?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1401301771|3681848 said:
Hi Misfit! :wavey:

I know, she really is!

How are your babies doing?

And I know this is like from forever ago, and maybe I even know the answer and I'm forgetting...but did it all work out OK with your pendant?

Hi! :appl:

Tinkie and Peanut are doing well. Spoiled as ever! :lol: Thanks for asking!

Regarding the pendant - I demanded a refund, which took awhile to get, and never got around to pursuing another vendor. I actually found a cute little pendant at Target for $12 that is a silhouette of a cat, that I wear on occasion. I realized, after the Custom Made debacle, that I would probably want to wear that pendant every day as a result, and I was worried that I wouldn't wear any of my other pendants ever again. As it is now, I have several that I rotate, and I start feeling bad when I haven't worn one in a while (kind of like Kenny's thread about the dishes on the bottom feeling neglected :lol: )

Has your DH come around to keeping this beauty yet?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you Tinkie and Peanut are OK and that you got everything resolved with the pendant.

DH really likes her...we'll see...one thing I can say is that he would feel just as strongly as I would about her going to a home we feel good about, no matter how long it takes. So that's really good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results