shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the ring, now comes the hard part. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I tried on this ring at Tiffany''s. It was exactly what I want but the price is a little much. Does anyone know of a good replica of this setting? Any help on the stones to put in it would be appreciated also.
1.gif
Future FI would like a ballpark amount.

The one I tried on had a 1.74 center with .56 sides for a tcw of 2.3. For the center I would like as close to an ideal cut as I can get but I don''t have to have a perfect one. I probably wouldn''t want a color lower than H or clarity below VS2 although I have considered a very eye clean SI1.

Thanks in advance for your help ladies!

round with pear.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side view...

round with pear side.JPG

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
I second the Leon! There are a few 3-stone rounds with pears floating around here, I''ll see what I can find...

Otherwise DVatche makes a very good 3-stone setting very similar...

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Ries ring is gorgeous!Love those LM designs. Does Ries stone have orange fluorescence?? It is glowing red in that one photo! Never saw anything like it!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 2:35:09 AM
Author: vivianv
Wow! Ries ring is gorgeous!Love those LM designs. Does Ries stone have orange fluorescence?? It is glowing red in that one photo! Never saw anything like it!

I think she is playing with the laser pointer if I remember...

:)

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
LOL! Well that certainly would explain it! Does make for an interesting effect.
26.gif

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
1.gif

Cannot help but notice how beautiful the workmanship is on those rings .Everything is so nice and even and well polished.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
There are two on the art of platinum site :) that are really similar :D both caught my eye the other day

I absolutely ADORE that setting classic but modern looking at the same time

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
The Tiffany has the knife edge that I like. I can''t really tell if the LM one has it or not. The Vatache looks like it is rounded. Does anyone have side views of these settings?
Thanks!

MajorGroove

Rough_Rock
To help bring the price down a little, I''d definitely recommend taking a look at some SI1 stones. My boyfriend and I initially scoffed at the idea, but we''d also been spending some time on this forum and thought it couldn''t hurt. SI1 stones are widely varied in the location and quality of their inclusions. With the help of a trusted jeweler to help us find stones with very minimal inclusions, we found a lovely ideal-cut H&A stone with a single inclusion that, while by definition is visible with magnification, cannot be seen with the naked eye and does not impede the light performance whatsoever. At any rate, it wouldn''t hurt to look and see if the inclusions on an SI1 stone bother you. They''re really a lot smaller than I ever thought they''d be!
1.gif

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I found this thread and I am thinking of using the .92 G-H VS2 RB I already have. Now I need help picking some pears. What should I look for? I would like them to be around .25ea.

Thanks!

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure someone knows about how to select a pear....PLEASE help!!!

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I checked out some prices and here are my options. Which would you choose?

Whiteflash:
1090 for diamonds
2473 for setting
total 3563

Leon Mege
1000-2000 for stones (he would have to choose them once I sent my diamond to him)
1750 for the setting
total 2750-3750

GOG is also checking on a pre-made setting for me

Also, any pics of similar settings or tips on another vendor to check out would be great!!

orangecurls

Rough_Rock
I love this style of ring. Keep us updated (I''m considering the same setting for an upgrade).

Facets or Signed Pieces also has a RB w/pear sides setting. You could check them out too.
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=307

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Go with Leon. You cant go wrong and you''ll get the most wonderfully delicious pointy perfect prongs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results