shape
carat
color
clarity

found the e-ring cert!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phylao

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

my bf just hide the e-ring cert inside some of my boxes on my messy table :razz:

just wanna ask if it''s a good one?

(although, if it''s bad, i dun think i will have a chance to upgrade to a better one in the near future :razz:)

It''s a GemScan Cert.

One lady''s custom made 18kt white gold knife edge 6-prong solitaire engagenment ring containing:
Shape: One Round Brilliant Cut Natural Diamond
Measurements: 5.40 x 5.33 x 3.34mm
Weight: 0.60ct
Clarity: VS-1
Color: E
Cut: Ideal
Symmetry: Very Good

Thanks all in advance!!! i am so excited!!!

phylao

Rough_Rock
oops, i forget to mention, my bf loves to hide stuff and let me find out to give me surprises :)

thanks everyone!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
do you have teble depth or girdle info?

phylao

Rough_Rock
no i don''t
7.gif
that''s all i have found on the cert!!!

Can you tell anything from the size that i posted? thanks a lot!!! :D

(i am so excited.....not sure when he will pop the question!!)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!

Well, you know it''s colorless since it''s an E, and VS1 means you won''t see any inclusions. If the cut''s ideal, it should sparkle beautifully. And it''s 20% bigger than half a carat. A knife-edge 6-prong solitaire is a very classic setting; that''s a favorite at Tiffany''s.

So it sounds like your boyfriend chose a classic, quality ring for you, lucky woman.

If you find more precise info about the cut hidden in your sock drawer, be sure to tell us.

phylao

Rough_Rock
thank you so much!! i tried to search my stuff but that''s all i can find :razz:

he had a tendency to hide gifts for me b4 :)

anyway, does the measurement tell u anything? i do not understand what the 5.40 x 5.33 x 3.34mm means. This is a GemScan cert (from Canada)...and I have no idea if they will give me those info if i call them?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
5.40 x 5.33 means that if you look down at the stone from the top, it''s 5.40 millimeters wide at the widest point and 5.33 millimeters wide at the narrowest point. That is, you''ll see an almost round circle with a diameter of nearly 5.4 millimeters.

3.34 means that it''s 3.34 millimeters tall, when you look at it from the side.

As far as I can tell without knowing more details about its measurements, it''s well cut and should sparkle beautifully.

phylao

Rough_Rock
does it mean the 5.33mm means it''s the table size?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
No, it''s not the table, it''s the diameter. That''s the width of the whole circle you see looking down at the diamond. If it were perfectly round, that would be only one number. But since diamonds are rarely perfectly round, they give two numbers: the diameter at the biggest point and the diameter at the smallest.

(Experts, that''s right, isn''t it? Correct me if I''m wrong.)

phylao

Rough_Rock
thanks glitterata!!!!!
i finally understand that meaning :)
So the closer the number, the more symmetrical it is. the further apart those two numbers, the less symmetrical~~

you are so nice!! once he proposed, i will post the pic of my lovely ring :)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, be sure to post a picture. Congratulations in advance, and many years of happiness to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results