shape
carat
color
clarity

Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Yippie! Yesterday''s trip to NYC was terrific! Despite having to drive in the city (which is always a daunting affair, imho) and having received a lovely parking ticket (my husband is STILL not happy about that one) we found a BEAUTIFUL diamond from a great place, and have ordered the ring.

They said it would be ready in about a week, but since we are using their inhouse layaway program, I won''t actually have it for about 90 days - still, since we dont'' have a lot of cash on hand, and don''t want to rack up credit card bills, this is the perfect solution.

I ended up choosing a .97 carat emerald cut diamond with D color and VVS2 clarity - I know that according to the guides, etc., the depth and table are a teeny bit higher than some might want, but the shine this stone gave off was breathtaking, and I fell into the diamond and in love with it immediately. It''s truely a breathtaking diamond! we compared it to a LOT of stones online and in local stores, and even compared it to another diamond they had on hand, and kept coming back to the same one. My husband, who has an amazing eye for detail, said he felt the cut was magnificent!

The setting is one they are making for me, and even customizing it a bit further with some hand engraving details. I can''t WAIT to see it completed!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and support - this is such a big purchase decision! As soon as I have some pictures of it, I''ll be sure to post them!

Once again, i''d like to recommend them, if anyone is looking for a great place to buy in the diamond district in NYC, Angel Diamonds (www.angeldiamond.com) is a great place, off the ''street level'' rush in the district, and everyone there right up to the owner of the place was friendly, informative, and willing to do whatever it took to make us happy - including meeting us outside of regular business hours.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you had a very successful day - save for the parking ticket!

We will be anxiously awaiting your pictures - can you describe the mounting they are making for you?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2006 7:37:37 AM
Author:f0rbidden

I ended up choosing a .97 carat emerald cut diamond with D color and VVS2 clarity - I know that according to the guides, etc., the depth and table are a teeny bit higher than some might want, but the shine this stone gave off was breathtaking, and I fell into the diamond and in love with it immediately. It''s truely a breathtaking diamond! we compared it to a LOT of stones online and in local stores, and even compared it to another diamond they had on hand, and kept coming back to the same one. My husband, who has an amazing eye for detail, said he felt the cut was magnificent!
Congratulations F0rbidden! The above statement sums up perfectly to me with fancies, in fact any diamond - that there is no better tool than your own eyes and that numbers don''t always tell the whole story.

Can''t wait to see the pics when you eventually get it!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats, can''t wait to see pictures when it''s done. Sounds like such a fun trip..

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Oh FOrbidden, your stone sounds gorgeous! I''m so happy that you have found what you want. And it''s true to see it in person first is alway the way to know that it''s for you... I''m so happy for you and tell your husband that the ticket was worth making his wife the most happiest woman on the face of the earth...
face23.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Forbidden,

As someone staring at a similar sized, d vvs2 asscher (OK...they are cousins of EC, right?) that arrived in the mail thursday, I can tell you there is nothing prettier to me.

Congratulations! Sounds like you did great.

Can''t wait to see the finished product!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
f0rbidden, congratulations on finding the stone that speaks to you, there''s nothing more important than you loving your diamond. Specs are always useful to eliminate real duffers, but it sounds like you''ve found a real sparkler. Can''t wait to see pics.

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I''ll try to describe it, but I have to warn everyone - as the least artistic person, possibly on the entire planet, I''m not so good at this!
emsmilep.gif

There are small round diamonds down each side, under which will be the engraving.
The stone itself sits in what I believe is called a basket setting - which I know is unusual for an emerald cut stone, but it was too pretty to resist! The side of the basket has some engraving on it as well - and if you look at the ring from the front (holding it so the stone is facing up and looking that way) there are some filigree inserts.

Sorry guys...told you I''m not any good at this! I was looking for a pic or two I could post and say ''well, it''s kind of like this.." but I couldn''t find anything in the limited amount of time I have right now. I''ll try again later!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds gorgeous, can''t wait to see it!!! Yay for you!!!
36.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Sounds very very nice, I can''t wait to see hand pics!
36.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 12:41:54 PM
Author: f0rbidden
I''ll try to describe it, but I have to warn everyone - as the least artistic person, possibly on the entire planet, I''m not so good at this!
emsmilep.gif

There are small round diamonds down each side, under which will be the engraving.

The stone itself sits in what I believe is called a basket setting - which I know is unusual for an emerald cut stone, but it was too pretty to resist! The side of the basket has some engraving on it as well - and if you look at the ring from the front (holding it so the stone is facing up and looking that way) there are some filigree inserts.

Sorry guys...told you I''m not any good at this! I was looking for a pic or two I could post and say ''well, it''s kind of like this..'' but I couldn''t find anything in the limited amount of time I have right now. I''ll try again later!

Sounds gorgeous! I''m glad you finally found a ring you love! I can''t wait for pics! Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
your ring sounds lovely! I also purchased a diamond with excellent specs, but that were slightly off from ideal. However, mine also looked much better than others with better specs I''d seen...In our case you have to see it to believe it. Congratulations and enjoy your ring...show pictures!

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! Cant wait to see your hand pix!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results