shape
carat
color
clarity

Found Diamond @ WF Indpendent Apraisal needed? Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I went to Houston yesterday and looked at the Radiant I''ve talked about on another thread. It is "THE ONE" and now need your opinion once again. Brian said that they will have it independently appraised. My question is do I need to go ahead and have it appraised myself???

If I do I was thinking of using Neil in Denver and having it gemscoped also....which brings me to my second question. Is GemScoping a good idea or is it really not necessary???

And I''m going to have a custom setting/band made by WF but what happens if I don''t like the creation?? The band I''m having them make is a copy of one that the girlfriend saw locally in a B&M store. She doesn''t think that she is going to get that one b/c of how expensive they have it marked up in the store. So I''m thinking that if WF can make the same and have it look identical that it will be a great surprise! However, she also found locally a much cheaper setting by A. Jaffe for even less than I was quoted for the price from WF for the custom band. She still is in love with the pave'' that she says is her "IDEAL" setting but I''m just torn....If the custom creation from WF doesn''t come out the way I want it then what happens then!??

Sorry if I rambled....lol.. ANY help would be GREATLY Appreciated

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AggieB:

Brian is a "good guy". I would suggest that an "independent" appraisal means YOU select the appraiser. Send it where you want it to be evaluated, re-graded and then proceed Don''t fret over the mounting. There is a process that can assure it will be pretty much like you want.... Brian can handle it.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
David,

Do you think that having the stone gemscoped is needed? I plan on getting a Chubb policy or one from Jeweler''s Mutual.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really don''t know about a "Gemscope". Do you mean a Gemex report? I don''t want to say anything bad about my competitors, especially good ones..... I think you ought to get the appraiser you have in mind to tell you exactly what the service provided will do for you. We all want to help people buy better.

esqknight

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure that Whiteflash's stating that they will have the diamond independently appraised, means by an appraiser of the customer’s choice. On their website, it is stated that "every loose diamond and/or diamond ring is personally inspected by an independent appraiser who issues a signed Letter of Verification" that comes with every diamond/diamond ring purchase.

I'll note this policy seems great to me and one of the reasons I'm considering Whiteflash as my vender for my upcoming purchase.

Later,
Eric

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, I think it may mean an "independent appraiser convenient to Whiteflash", not just anyone YOU might request. Is this truly Independent? I think having your appraiser do the job is more truly independent, but you can take you choice. It is a small thing for some of you and a larger thing for others. Just be sure you do what YOU want to do.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Aggiebling,

I will be happy to look at your diamond and/or ring if you wish. As David has pointed out, the whole point of an Independent Appraisal is for YOU to be the one making this decision, not the vendor (and not me, David or even Pricescope).

The documentation that Whiteflash includes with their sales is a statement from a non-WF employed gemologist that the stone being examined is undamaged and that it is the same stone as described on the accompanying lab report. This isn’t really an appraisal and they don’t call it one although in some cases this answers the question that’s being asked. I'm guessing that Gemscope means Gemprint. The big reason people ask for a Gemprint is because it results in a discount on their insurance if you are buying from companies that are onGemprints’ list. Chubb is not on it, Jewelers Mutual is.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Neil,

Yes I meant Gemprint. I recently sent you an email about my possibly wanting your services since I will be interning in Denver this summer. I''ve found the stone I want and I''ve viewed it at WF yesterday. I think that I would like your services for appraisal, confirmation, and gemprinting. My email was sent on 4-8 with the subject "In need of your services". If you don''t have it I will resend. Thanks for all of ya''lls help (sorry "you guys", I am Texan after all).

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2005 4:36:51 PM
Author: denverappraiser

The documentation that Whiteflash includes with their sales is a statement from a non-WF employed gemologist that the stone being examined is undamaged and that it is the same stone as described on the accompanying lab report; This isn’t really an appraisal and they don’t call it one although in some cases this answers the question that’s being asked.
This is a good summary. The letter of verification is is exactly as stated; verification by a Houston area appraiser who is separate from WF. It''s meant as a professional courtesy to our customers and to serve as authentic documentation for insurance purposes, etc.

The full-service workup that Neil, Dave, Rich or Bill would give is much more extensive.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Aggie,

I''m afraid my spam filter grabbed you. Spam is starting to make me crazy. I get upwards of 700 per day offering to refinance my house, get me dates with women who are younger than my daughter and give me discounts on pills to help me keep up with them.

Please resend your message, I''ll be watching for it. By the way, I know a great Canadian pharmacy ….

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Thanks John for the clarification.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Thanks Neil I''ll resend right after I post this message...and thanks but no thanks....I don''t need the help of the little blue pill....lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results