shape
carat
color
clarity

Found an emerald that fit my old setting - how lucky!

Cecelovesjewels

Rough_Rock
I had my yellow diamond reset in a new ring (took two tries but got it done) and my old setting has been lying around for a while. It was pretty expensive (I am sure overpriced) so didn't want to scrap it because I knew I wouldn't get nearly what I paid. I was considering getting a lab stone cut since it's difficult to find mm size especially since I had the setting made to spec for my stone which was 6.16x5.73x3.7. I know that many gemstones tend to be deep. Anyway I was excited to find an emerald on ebay that was 6.1x5.7x3.5 - I couldn't believe the measurements were that close. And despite the stone being shallow, it's a pretty mid-tone green. It's not a fancy non-oiled emerald or anything like that, but since this is kind of like lagniappe (Louisiana expression) I am fine with it. I am sending to DK to redo the bezel but thought I would show pictures. The stone is just sitting in the setting right now. Here is what it was like with my yellow diamond in it:

yellow original.jpg

And here are the emerald photos - it has a blue look in the photos that isn't there in real life.

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a perfect fit! Love the color of the emerald, and it looks gorgeous in the setting! Well done!!

Cecelovesjewels

Rough_Rock
Do you think I should do smooth or milgrain?? The original was milgrain but maybe I will change it up. Not sure...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results