shape
carat
color
clarity

Found a kunzite treasure on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debhew

Rough_Rock
I am normally a shy lurker but thought I''d share this gorgeous ring I got on Ebay. It is not a brand new ring but you''d never know it. The listing said custom made with over 2 cts of diamonds. It is so beautiful I can''t stop admiring it. It is a size too big and can''t be sized because of the diamonds that go around the entire ring so I had sizing beads added and have been wearing it with 2 diamond rings that I have. Thanks for letting me share.

kunzite ring 2.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Front view...

close front view small.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Side view...

side view kunzite small.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Last one I promise.
1.gif

kunzite ring on own.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Dang woman. That is beautiful! I don''t know what a kunzite is...I thought it was something you say when someone sneezes. Can you shed some light? Is it too rude to ask what price range you got it for? Or if it is my size, can I buy if from you?
2.gif
And we don''t mind more pictures ....honest. There are never enough. So get busy. Photo shoot out side for us! Congrats!! §

debhew

Rough_Rock
Thanks DKS. I will take more pictures tomorrow in the sunlight as this ring is so sparkly and the indoor lighting is not doing it justice at all. I got such a deal on it - it''s almost embarrasing. I got it for less than $1K. Don''t hate me please.
5.gif
It has such detail work on it - really exquisite.
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yes, just like Loreal...I hate you because you are beautiful! Why don''t I find those things??? Why Why WHY? Can''t wait for more shots. So is this stone a pink shade? Do you know much about them? If so please share. And would you humor me...what size is it? It is possible, just possible it was meant to be mine? Oh come on play along!§

beau13

Ideal_Rock
DANG..that is BEAUTIFUL, did U purchase it from "DiamondDR"...I was watching a ring like that he had up for auction, alwasy has such beautiful jewelry at fabulous prices! Looks FAB on you, enjoy!

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:O WOW that is beautiful :O

I seriously need to home my ebaying skills I never see beautiful pieces like that

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DKS, kunzite is in the beryl family, along with aquamarine and emerald. It''s usually a pretty pink/lavender shade.

That ring us beautiful!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous setting, congrats!

debhew

Rough_Rock
Thank you DKS, Beau, LittleDebbie, Deelight, MustangGal, & Skippy for your kind words - you are all so sweet. Beau - I didn''t get it from DiamondDR but I will check out his stuff now though as you have great taste. By the way DKS, its a size 7.

I''ve taken a few more shots outdoors and I apologize if its too much. Its so great to have a place to go and share with gals that are as obsessed with all things blingy as I am. Thank goodness for these boards!!
1.gif

Kunzite 1.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Another

kunzite 3.jpg

debhew

Rough_Rock
Last one before I bore you all...

Kunzite 4.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WHOA! That ring is fantastic!
Is it clear or a pale pink?

debhew

Rough_Rock
A pale pink. I heard that Kunzite fades from heat and sun exposure as well so I''m thinking I might change the stone one day to something more durable.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never heard that Kunzite fades??

It''s a very pretty ring!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Stunning and a great deal! The stone is lovely... and that setting is TDF!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 2:28:05 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
I''ve never heard that Kunzite fades??

It''s a very pretty ring!!
What a beautiful shade of kunzite, not to mention the setting!!!! WOW!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Unfortunately, kunzite does fade if exposed to a lot of sunlight
38.gif
How much is a lot, though???? Some people refer to kunzite as "the evening stone" as its colour is more vivid in diffused lighting.
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2007 1:06:12 PM
Author: debhew
A pale pink. I heard that Kunzite fades from heat and sun exposure as well so I''m thinking I might change the stone one day to something more durable.
This is true, hence the nickname of evening stone. I know that it can also happen relatively quickly, so I would only wear it in the evenings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, double posting.
emembarrassed.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!!! I love all the detail!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 12:43:53 AM
Author:debhew
I am normally a shy lurker but thought I''d share this gorgeous ring I got on Ebay. It is not a brand new ring but you''d never know it. The listing said custom made with over 2 cts of diamonds. It is so beautiful I can''t stop admiring it. It is a size too big and can''t be sized because of the diamonds that go around the entire ring so I had sizing beads added and have been wearing it with 2 diamond rings that I have. Thanks for letting me share.

I want one! That''s stunning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice kunzite. I love all the members of the beryl family.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 3:14:08 PM
Author: Chrono

This is true, hence the nickname of evening stone. I know that it can also happen relatively quickly, so I would only wear it in the evenings.
Yep, Kunzites do fade. I have an oval one that hasn''t been set and I''m not sure what to do with it due to its light sensitivity. It''s so pale as is, that it may turn colorless if I wore it out too much during the summer!

Debhew - Your ring is gorgeous. Great eBay find. Congrats!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I never heard of kunzite before I saw your ring. I love the color of this stone!

Here''s a quote from gemselect.com

"World-famous Kunzite
A beautiful 47-carat kunzite ring that President Kennedy purchased as a gift for his wife but never had the chance to give her, sold for more than $ 410,000 at a Sotheby''s auction of the Estate of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in 1996."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results