shape
carat
color
clarity

Fostering kittens in Columbia, MD???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
My wonderful niece would be interested in fostering kittens. She lives in the Columbia, MD area. She doesn''t know where to look or even how to find out if there are any agencies, etc., in her area that need foster families. I don''t know either.

Anyone know or have any suggestions? THANKS!

Lynn

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
She needs to contact her local human association. Tri County over here in So Md helps Charles, St Marys and Calvert. They need homes for when there is over flow. or call the local ASPCA agency.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Alexis - suggest to your niece that she contact the local humane society and/or SPCA. Also, have her take a look at this link which has a list (not sure how complete it is but its probably a good starting place) of rescues and humane societies in Maryland. I particularly noticed the Howard County Cat Club which seems like it might be a good place to start.

Bless your niece for being willing to open her home to little furry beasties in need of care before they can find their forever homes - I''m sure she''ll find organizations who will be thrilled to have her help.

One small note about kittens - we are at the tail end of the kitten season now, so kittens may not be as common. Don''t know if she''s open to fostering slightly older kitties, but if not, there will be another flood of kittens in the Spring - there always is.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for the replies. I will be seeing her this weekend, and now I have some info to give her. Yay!

BTW, she would have no problem at all with older kitties, but is especially interested in kittens because she is dreadfully allergic to cats! But kittens don''t seem to bother her. ??!! So she thought maybe she could get some "fur fixes"
2.gif
and be helping at the same time.

I''ll keep you guys posted.
Thanks again!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, glad to help on anything related to kitties, as always
9.gif

Also, that''s not at all abnormal for individuals who are allergic to cats or dogs to react differently to kittens or puppies. In fact, that''s why we strongly encourage those with allergies who still really want a pet to adopt an older animal, because oftentimes the allergens of a given animal change enough from baby to adult that a single allergic person can go from reactive to non-reactive or vice versa.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Tell her she is wonderful. DH and I fostered some abandoned kittens and it was such a great experience. I am happy to offer any advice, but only if we get pictures!

In our area, both the humane society and a local no kill shelter have foster programs.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We adopted our kitten Jack from the Howard County Animal Shelter and they were great to work with. It's a large shelter so I'm sure they'd be in need of fosters for kittens as well, and I believe they do work with the Howard County Cat Club as well as the Animal Advocates. If she's willing to go a little further north, Baltimore is ALWAYS in need of fosters! The contact for Baltimore is BARCS.

Good luck to her!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results