shape
carat
color
clarity

Ford''s new 65mpg car

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone catch the news of Ford''s new 65MPG car? It looks pretty neat. It runs on clean diesel and can only be bought in Europe. It''s made in Britain. Ford will not import the vehicle here to the US due to "business". They said that it would cost too much to import over here and something about it being diesel would not win over the American public because the public thinks hybrids are cool and diesel is "old fashioned". Toyota and Lexus have been predicting for years that the new clean fuel would go diesel. Who cares about the public perception of what is old or not- we''re talking about 65 mpg! That goes a long way! Besides, I''ve always heard that diesel engines are easier and cheaper to work on when compared to the new cars and computer engines.

Cynthia

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it is unfortunate that they won''t bring them over here.

However, I see their point. Americans have preconceived notions about diesel. They associate diesel with trucks, and with being unclean, and further increasing air pollution. Doesn''t really roll with the whole "Green" theme we have going on right now. Ford is already not doing so hot, so I''d imagine they''re not in any position to take a risk right now. I''m fairly certain that diesel fuel is a cleaner burn than the unleaded fuel we use.

If I wasn''t madly in love with Honda, I might even consider buying one if they brought them over!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It wont pass one part of the California emissions standard that has since been proven to be based on faulty science/political kickbacks that they refuse to remove.
None of the new or old diesels can pass it and it was intended to keep diesels off the CA market.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results