shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who live with their SO,,,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 2:37:29 PM
Author:LiveLaughLove
Hey ladies. I have a question for you, specifically if you currently live with your SO (future fiance, fiance, boyfriend, or even just an ex boyfriend from the past...)

1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other?

2) How old were the both of you when you moved in?

3) Did you both discuss a timeline of when you wanted to be married prior to living together?

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO?

Thanks girls!!

1. 1 year and a bit. I should say that I thought this was early, but I had moved away for school and a GREAT job opportunity came up for him in that city, so he just went for it! If that hadn''t come up, we would have waited longer.

2. I was 25, he was 26.

3. No, but after living together for 2 years, we had the talk. We both knew it was the long term goal though before moving in, but no timelines had been set. Do I think it would have happend earlier if I hadn''t gone to school and we hadn''t moved in together? Probably. But I''m super glad we lived together prior to getting engaged - we both know what we are getting into!

4. I have lived out of my parents house since I was 19 (school etc) and have had roommates and lived alone.

Hope that helps!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies. I have a question for you, specifically if you currently live with your SO (future fiance, fiance, boyfriend, or even just an ex boyfriend from the past...)

We were together about 9 months when we move in together.

I was 23, and he was 27

3) Did you both discuss a timeline of when you wanted to be married prior to living together?
No, we had not yet discussed marriage when we moved in together. Neither of us were thinking of it as a step towards marriage, however it ended up being one!

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO?
I had several roommates before moving in with him. I had been living on my own for about 4 years.

Thanks girls!!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
We briefly lived together last summer, but we will be officially moving in together in Sept. It''ll be over two years that we''ve been together... and we''ve been best friends probably for about 10 years.

I''ll be 22 and he''ll be 23.

Yes, we have a timeline for both engagement and marriage. I don''t think I would move in with him if I wasn''t sure it was leading to marriage.

I lived with a roommate for a year during undergrad (it was a TERRIBLE experience) and I lived with housemates for the other year. I''ve lived on my own for, wow, I guess almost 3 years now. I agree that it''s important to know you can take care of yourself before you depend on someone else. I''m not officially in the "real world" yet since I''m still in pharmacy school, but I don''t have any doubts that I can handle everything on my own without my SO.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock

1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other? 3 years

2) How old were the both of you when you moved in? me-20 him-21 He actually moved into my mom''s (where I lived). It worked out well - my mom loves him, and needed some work done to the house, and he''s handy like that. I was in school, and he was in and out of school. We paid board and all. We live there for 3 years and then got our apartment. We''ve been here 2 years.

3) Did you both discuss a timeline of when you wanted to be married prior to living together? No timeline, just "once we''re both done school and financially stable".

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO? Unless you count my mom and brother, no :)

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
We were together one year to be exact before we moved in together. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in three weeks!
I was 22 and he was 24
Yes and no, we have discussed it since we have moved in. Now we will be purchasing our home together
1.gif
then in the next year getting engaged.. i know we are doing stuff backwards, but it works for us!

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO? I lived on my own for 2 years, then with a female roommate for a year then lived with him. It was a hard adjustment for the first year or so living with him. Even though we were together all the time before we moved in, it was different sharing the same roof together. I know some people do not believe in moving in together before marriage, but i do not regret it in the least. It is a personal choice and we are happy with the one we made!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

Thanks girls!!
1) We were together for 4 years before we moved in together. Moved in a year ago.

2) 28 (me) him (29) then. Now me 29 tomorrow and him 30.

3) Yes, I wanted to be engaged first but we decided to spend the money on an apartment instead. Should be coming in the next few months or so.

4) yes. We both lived with roommates prior and we both also lived alone.

A lot of people told us that we would learn so much more about eachother after we started living together. I have to say that didn''t really happen for us. We spent so much time at eachother''s apartments prior to moving in that I had a good handle on what would and would not bother me. It has been absolutley wonderful and I am glad we did it. We are in the process of ring shopping now.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other? Z
We had been dating for almost exactly a year.

I was 20, he was 22.

We both agreed that we wanted to be married to eachother, and planned to wait about 3 years. It''s been two years since, and
we will almost certainly be engaged by the end of this summer, and planning a wedding for next year.

I had lived in the dorms for 1 year at college and in an apartment with a roommate the second year before moving in with bf.

NickiDrea

Rough_Rock

-This will sound awful but because of our unique circumstances we moved in together... like immediately. He and I met while I was in Boston for law school- he worked with my sister and she gave him my phone number. We talked literally every day for 6-8 hours a day for about 7 months, staying on the phone until like 3:00 a.m.- we were both threatened by our phone companies that we would be dropped from our plans because of our phone time! By the way we fell totally in love without ever seeing each other in person. Anyway, the day I moved back to Philly he came over and never left. Two years later we are still living together! I don't know anyone else with a story quite like ours, lol!

-I had just turned 24, he was 26... we're getting married next September, I will be 27 (!!!) and he will be 30.

-No.... we never even talked about moving in together. It just happened one day.

-I had roommates all through college, and I lived alone during law school (3 years). He lived at home during college/grad school, so he has never lived alone. However our apartment now is so huge that we both feel like we live alone. LOL.

Chrissymarie98

Rough_Rock
1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other? We met in March and he moved into my apartment in October-- We finished our apartment lease in December and closed on our first home together in December- So..I guess we were together for 7 months before we moved in.

2) How old were the both of you when you moved in? 27

3) Did you both discuss a time line of when you wanted to be married prior to living together?
We did have a discussion but we did not committ to a time line ...I made it clear that the reason I wanted to buy a house with him was because I wanted to get married--he did the same.

I have had about 10 roommates over the last 10 years.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
1) We were together for six months
2) I was 34 she was 30
3) No talk of engagement or marriage before moving in
4) " Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO?" LOL ... life is a bit more complicated than that!!! (cute) I lived with roommates (several times), alone (several times) and with my ex-wife.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
We were together for 2 1/2 years when we moved in together.

We were both 21

Nope, never did. I think we have more of a timeline now(after a year of living together).

BF had 2 roommates prior to us living together, the second turning out badly and kind of a push for us to move in together. And I had a roommate that was pretty bad too which fueled the fire to move in together.

I feel I should clarify that even though we didn''t move in together until a year ago. Basically for our whole relationship we would spend a lot of time with each other. My mom used to call my BF''s apartment my house because I spent so much time there(he didn''t see it that way).

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Unofficially, because of convenience I started staying at his place 2-3 nights a week within about three months and had my own key, and by five months was there with belongings about 5 nights a month. Long subway home after dates at night were tedious and he lived closer to my office. Officially, he gave up his apartment and moved in with me after we had been dating 2 years, 4 months. Important Note: We''d already known one another as friends for close to 10 years before we started dating, so we both knew the trustworthiness of the other.

I was 26 and he was 27 when we officially moved in together.

The original plan was for us to find a new shared rental around the time we did move in together, with us having had a couple of long talks that it was important to me to be engaged by the time we moved in together...well, then in between we had long talks about buying a home instead of renting, and the move-in deadline just sort of flew out the window. There were many long talks about how buying property together was only okay in both our books if there was an intention of marriage, soonish. Well...we own a home! Still not engaged, though I''ve been much more active in bringing up the conversation in the past 9 months (nope, no baby on the way.)

I did live with a couple of roommates post college, in different towns as I moved around quite a bit. No other true live in with former SOs.

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other? 6 years

2) How old were the both of you when you moved in? I was 23, SO was 24

3) Did you both discuss a timeline of when you wanted to be married prior to living together? No, we talked about getting married but didn''t set a timeline.

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO? Technically I moved straight from living at home to living with him BUT the four years previously I had been at university and as SO''s parents lived far closer than my parents did I would spend most weekdays living with them.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock

1) How long were you together when you moved in with each other? about two years

2) How old were the both of you when you moved in? 21/30

3) Did you both discuss a timeline of when you wanted to be married prior to living together? nope

4) Did you live with any other roommates prior to living together, or did you move straight from home to living out on your own with your SO? I had two other roommates before him and I was moving to the city he lived in so it just made sense for us to get our own place together. We lived over an hour away from eachother before and we ended up missing each other a lot even though we saw each other every week

Thanks girls!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results