shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who didn''t or will not upgrade their original e-ring *setting*...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m still on the search for the perfect e-ring setting, and I don''t plan on ever upgrading the setting (no promises about not upgrading the stone!
2.gif
) for sentimental reasons. So for those of you who have not and/or will not upgrade your original setting, how did you know that it was the one you wanted essentially forever? I''ll think I like something, and then I''ll see something spectacular here on PS, and I''ll think, Hey, I''d like that too! So how did you finally pick the one you did?

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t "pick" it.... I drew it up... and it was made for ME.
37.gif
9.gif
37.gif
9.gif
37.gif

I wouldn''t want to upgrade b/c the fact that it''s my ORIGINAL E-RING. However, I will welcome any additional rings/settings/rocks in the future...!!!!
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a smaller version of the ering I have now. Just traded up. It''s still the same setting, just bigger stones.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Hey! I though it was supposed to be the other way around - No upgrade on the center diamond for sentimental reasons, but you can change the settings? Doesn''t the saying go "diamonds are forever"?
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not around here, haha.
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I can say I will NEVER upgrade my setting but I can''t imagine I will. (If by rare chance I did I would keep my current setting. I am more attached it the setting than my diamond) I think so many ring settings are beautiful but the ones that always take my breath away are settings with sapphires. There is something so magical and elegant about them. That is what really drew me to my setting. Also I love antique jewelry so my tacori was a perfect fit.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
I have already decided how I will upgrade in the future. I love my ring and my stone, so I can''t change that....so what does that leave???

I am going to get an entire new solitaire at the 10 year mark! My original ering is so lovely on its own (3 stone Vatche, with pear side stones), that I already wear it 1/2 the time on my right hand. I swear it looks better alone. So I will be ready for a new ring in 8 1/12 more years....

Sure hope that my hubbie puts up with me until then!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
There''s so much yummy eyecandy here on PS that it''s hard to not want to upgrade!

That said...I would never upgrade my engagement ring because of the sentiment associated with it. It will be given with the intention of spending a lifetime together, along with the wedding ring. I would never want to "upgrade" that intention, but that''s my superstitious beliefs getting in the way. Of course, I get bitten by the green monster when other PSers here show their beautiful upgrades, but I personally would keep the original e-ring for life.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I also drew up my ring and had it made. Just the fact that I designed it myself makes me never want to part with it (don''t have it yet though, WF will be shipping it in 2 days and I''ll finally have my ring on Monday!).

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I think if I had gotten engaged at an older age, or if my fiancee or I had money I would never upgrade. Most people I know that got engaged in my situation has gotten eithier one of two things......a ring they really like the design of with a modest diamond, or a really nice diamond in a plain setting. Most of us are in line for upgrades and i''ve noticed that people feel the same way, they don''t want to trade in the whole thing. Eithier they will keep thier se4tting like I am, and upgrade the diamond. OR they keep thier diamond and have it put into a new setting. Personally I would of traded in my diamond IF it would of helped with the purchase of my upgrade......both my husband and I are practical and to us it just made sense. On the other hand my g/f wants an upgrade from a .50ct to a 1ct.....she plans on keeping her original setting and making her old diamond into a pendent or a bracelet or sometrhing that she can maybe pass onto a child when she has one.

I don''t think upgrading needs to take away from the original proposal. I know my hubby did as best he could at the time and I love my ring, just the diamond is very small and poor quality. I think if I just went out and bought this myself it would feel wierd, but we talk about all the stuff I learn on here and we went out and picked it out together and all that good stuff.

I see different settings I like all the time. However it doesn''t mean I don''t love my own. It was the whole basis for my wedding ring. Sometimes I see settings and the thought will pass through my head of....wow I should of gotten something like that. Then someone will come up to me and ohh and ahh over my set and I realize that mine is just as cool! Just follow what you like!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I knew when I was resetting my original diamond ring that I wanted to get something substantial and original so that it could be a family heirloom that I could pass down to my future daughter or granddaughter to be worn as a right hand ring.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I had to upgrade my stone due to an accident, and I just had my original ring modified to take the larger stone.

That being said, I really took my time picking out the setting. I wore a plain solitare for the year I was engaged until I found the one! I tried all types on, got quotes on modifing some settings I liked, and browsed the rings in the eyecandy folder for months. I even for a time, got CZ bands and work them to see if I liked a certain style.

I ended up with something I love. I know because I''d never give it up now - even seeing new ones that I''d like.

I''m gonna be that lady who wears this setting forever - even when it''s out of style because I love it so much!

So my advice is TAKE YOUR TIME in picking a setting. You don''t need it "all at once". :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results