shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who consigned with JbG… how long?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hey All!

I am currently navigating whether to trade in my stone or consign it. I really don’t have any interest in personally listing it. Adam at OWD is offering a pretty close trade to what I would receive from Grace “after consigning”- they will probably be about $1500 off. The question is, do I try to shoot for that extra 1k-$1500 or save the time and go for the trade? I don’t know that I am interested in waiting potentially months to Consign it… I feel like it a gorgeous OMB, and as a 2.5 ct, probably a pretty popular request?

Just curious what your thoughts are and how long it took you to sell your piece through her? Both have been amazing vendors, and I believe working with either would be a non-issue, it’s more timing than anything- because I want to start NOW .

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Depends what percentage of the total value $1,500 is.

If you’re selling it for 3k then 1500 would be 50% less. If you’re selling it for 100k then 1.5k less doesn’t matter much.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I consigned with Grace - it depended on the item being consigned on how long it took to sell. My 2.56 carat OEC and my 3.02 carat antique cushion sold the day it was listed. The 4 carat cushion I had took months to sell but again, different price range.

For me, it would depend on whether or not OWD had something I wanted in order to trade-in vs consign. By trading in you are set with that vendor only- selling you can take your money and go wherever.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I think the diamond market is in total disarray, so the time it takes to sell now is distorted. If you are in a hurry, trade it in.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I consigned with Grace - it depended on the item being consigned on how long it took to sell. My 2.56 carat OEC and my 3.02 carat antique cushion sold the day it was listed. The 4 carat cushion I had took months to sell but again, different price range.

For me, it would depend on whether or not OWD had something I wanted in order to trade-in vs consign. By trading in you are set with that vendor only- selling you can take your money and go wherever.
This is super helpful, thank you ROL. I feel like a 2.5 J OMB is in fairly popular demand as the pricepoint may be more accessible, which is one reason I think it would sell fairly quickly- but yes still a gamble for sure. I am going to see what Adam has for me this week, and if at first blush I don't love anything I may go the Grace route and take my time...
Depends what percentage of the total value $1,500 is.

If you’re selling it for 3k then 1500 would be 50% less. If you’re selling it for 100k then 1.5k less doesn’t matter much.
Totally agree, my budget for the new Diamond is tight and I am trying to stay as close to it as possible, but if I found what I loved would the $1.5k matter, the answer is No, I would still get what I want... great perspective, I feel like my time and ability to move forward is worth more than the $1.5k, so I guess that sort of answers my question, lol! :twisted2::lol-2:

I think the diamond market is in total disarray, so the time it takes to sell now is distorted. If you are in a hurry, trade it in.
Yes, its kind of what I am worried about...in the grand scheme of things I am not too worried about the $1.5k... and I feel pretty confident Adam, of all people, can find me something beautiful!

So glad we talked this out, folks ;-)... I am not sure what I would do without this community!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would choose the easy trade if only 1500 off! No brainer!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
no consignment here.

Godrick

Shiny_Rock
Hey All!

I am currently navigating whether to trade in my stone or consign it. I really don’t have any interest in personally listing it. Adam at OWD is offering a pretty close trade to what I would receive from Grace “after consigning”- they will probably be about $1500 off. The question is, do I try to shoot for that extra 1k-$1500 or save the time and go for the trade? I don’t know that I am interested in waiting potentially months to Consign it… I feel like it a gorgeous OMB, and as a 2.5 ct, probably a pretty popular request?

Just curious what your thoughts are and how long it took you to sell your piece through her? Both have been amazing vendors, and I believe working with either would be a non-issue, it’s more timing than anything- because I want to start NOW .

Hi there, could you share info on how to get in touch with your contacts Adam and Grace? I am also looking to trade in/consign and having the hardest time getting anything over 50% value!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, could you share info on how to get in touch with your contacts Adam and Grace? I am also looking to trade in/consign and having the hardest time getting anything over 50% value!

Hi there!!

For trade in and Consigning I would check in with Jewels by grace first…I haven’t worked with her directly but have reached out to her about consigning- but MANY Pricescopers have used her services with high satisfaction… but something to Consider, both Grace and Adam really specialize in old cuts, so they will likely only take in similar diamonds- I think you posted about a more modern cushion cut if I remember correctly?

Adam, I believe is more of a case by case basis. I know they recently changed their upgrade policy, so I don’t know for sure how open he would be? My current stone is a 2.5 Old Mine Brilliant (antique cushion), with big chunky facets, so I think it would be pretty favorable in his inventory.

Unfortunately, unless you are trading in with the Vendor you purchased from, you will likely lose money. And there is no guarantee with consigning either, because I believe Grace’s fee is now 20%. You could try selling yourself via loupetroup or Diamond Bistro.

If you decide to move forward, Try contacting Jewels by grace via their website, and fill out the contact form- you can google and their website pops up! And I think your best bet is to try Adam via Instagram @oldworlddiamonds vs. Email… I think he is known to respond faster there…

Good luck!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results