shape
carat
color
clarity

For those that have evaluated stones with OWD…

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I can recall @TruLuv858, he picked out about 15-20 stones. I’m pretty sure he kept to my budget, some were less than budget, and he showed me a variety of stones colourwise. Obviously the higher the colour, the smaller the stone.

There was absolutely no pressure at all, and I understand from @missy he was very gracious when she told him that I was buying Bea from her.

I had actually decided that if Missy changed her mind, I was going for the OMC (bottom row, left). You’ll really enjoy the experience. BTW as it’s a secure building, you’ll need to take some ID with you in order to be shown up to their offices.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
From what I can recall @TruLuv858, he picked out about 15-20 stones. I’m pretty sure he kept to my budget, some were less than budget, and he showed me a variety of stones colourwise. Obviously the higher the colour, the smaller the stone.

There was absolutely no pressure at all, and I understand from @missy he was very gracious when she told him that I was buying Bea from her.

I had actually decided that if Missy changed her mind, I was going for the OMC (bottom row, left). You’ll really enjoy the experience. BTW as it’s a secure building, you’ll need to take some ID with you in order to be shown up to their offices.

Thank you!! So helpful!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
*UPDATE, for those following… we took the train into NYC to meet with Adam, nice guy, unfortunately, he only had 5 stones for me to look at… and nothing I was excited about. Truth be told I was expecting to see a lot more based on very other experience I read about.

I know my stone is out there, I’ve seen so many beautiful ones here in my budget and with my specs. So I left NYC, deflated. Huge thank you to @lulu_ma who has been so helpful in my search. So I’ve reached out to all of the usuals on Instagram, Dolly, Diana and Adam. Feeling hopeful. So please send me all of the Diamond Dust, I need it. I was certain I was going to find my Diamond yesterday, and instead left feeling like “what the heck?.”

My DH has been so awesome about it all, and even told me yesterday, “we don’t need to wait until your stone is sold. We know at a min it’s worth xx, but don’t let that deter your search. If you find it, let’s get it.”

So that’s the plan… anyway, please keep your eyes peeled, friends… ideally an OEC, eye clean, over 10mm (the spreadier the better) L- O/P, $27k max. Yesterday was not a complete loss- although in the moment it felt that way. I learned symmetry is super important to me, and found that Cushions may be too difficult to source because I don’t do well with any kind of wonkiness, and cushions are harder to Gauge.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is JAWS?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I’m so bummed that you didn’t find your stone. But I know you stone is out there!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Consider reaching out to Ritaontherocks on IG! She’s has some stunners

Sometimes jewelsbywhitney will have large stones at pretty good prices.

One of our own, @88_star might be able to help you source a stone too!

$27k might be a little tight for what you’re looking for at over 10mm even at a lower color and eye clean, I wonder if that’s why Adam didn’t have a huge selection for you? Are you considering non-certed stones?
FWIW my OMC is 5.74ct N/SI1 (GIA) with 10.89 X 10.83mm spread and I paid $43k which I thought was a very fair price. I looked at an OEC with same color and clarity but slightly smaller dimensions and I think the asking price was around 37k

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results