shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you worried about color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
I was engaged earlier this month with a WF 1.01c expert selection J set in a white gold halo.

My fiance is in a band and last night played a gig (all dressed as monks) So, of course I''m there with the other ''band widows'' who were raving over my ring...It was so sparkly even in the low bar lighting.

Then I took my Girl Scout (complete with vintage GS beret, sash with authentic patches and argyle knee hi socks!) self over to the ladie''s room. As I walk through the door I hear "Is that your engagement ring" from a very cute and sweet bumble bee!! This girl grabbed my hand and fawned over my ring...the other ladies come racing out of stalls to check out the bling!! Even asking "What does he do??" "How many carats??" As I held it up I noticed it going crazy in the bathroom mirror (even to my surprise)

The guitarist in the band said "Dude, you''re going to be paying that ring off for the rest of your life, I had no idea you had such good taste!!"

One girl told me that mine was the nicest ring she''s ever seen...she asked to try it on!

This ring simply performs...I get so many compliments it''s almost embarassing (well, not really) My J has exceded my every expectation.

This is a well cut J and I don''t think anyone I''ve met would turn their nose up at it if given as an engagement ring.

It is an eye catcher and it was a perfect choice for both of us. I got my dream-come-true e-ring and my fi came in UNDER ering budget and I know he swells with pride over compliments.

I went with WF because of the exchange policy..I felt confident going for a J because of all the great info here on PS. If it dissapointed me I had recourse.

I would say, if can''t spend a mint on a ring...consider a well cut stone in the H, I and even J ballpark...Cut is everything and has made all the difference in my situation.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
As a card-carrying J-lover myself
2.gif
I LOVE threads like this! Your diamond sounds like a beauty - congratulations! You can''t go wrong with those WF ESs!
36.gif
Yep, J stones are an incredible "value", and when they are cut to maximize light return, I agree - the results are nothing less than AMAZING!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to read this...I''m most likely going to get an "I" so its great to know. I''ve also realized that most of the world is quite clueless about diamonds. And when I get my e-ring, no one will ever look at is as closely as I will.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Awsome! Your ring is stunning in photos. I am so glad to hear you are happy with it. You know you could always post more eye candy.
2.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
It''s always nice to hear stories like this. We kind of live "keep up with the Jones''" world and it''s nice to know that we don''t have to get a D or E colored diamond to have a stunning one!! Congratulations, and yes more pics!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hear Hear!!
36.gif

I had a well-known PS appraiser see my ring on my hand recently and his words were very similar to 'WOW that's a J? It looks so white.'....

Then I had another PS'er see it recently who exclaimed she couldn't believe it was a J...and now is considering J's for her future ring stone!

No one I have ever come across has said 'Oh is that a near-colorless or is it colored' or anything like that. All I ever get are raving compliments on it.

Just yesterday, someone who saw me a year ago with my 1.29 H SI in my same set was watching me do something with my hands and said 'did you get married this last year' and I said 'no, I have been married for almost 2 years now' and he said, 'I dont remember you with that huge blingy set on last year!'...I said 'well I did get a little upgrade' and he said 'wow it looks huge!'. So obviously he didn't remark on my smaller just-as-well-cut ideal H SI stone, but the big J SI got his attention!!! That's the way I like it!
31.gif

Of course the near colorless are not for everyone, but I love 'em!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear how great your ring is!! It sounds gorgeous!!!

Well cut J stones are such great deals
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to hear stories like that. Those J''s are so pretty and am so happy you love your ring.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hearts Set, I don't know if I told you this before, but your ring turned out beautifully! What a sparkler. My diamond is a Whiteflash ES "I" and is as white and sparkly as can be. Would I trade it for a smaller, E colored diamond? Never! I just hope that those with a budget see these posts and reconsider the near colorless stones, for they're absolutely gorgeous and the best deal.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring! my BF and i are in the process of purchasing a J diamond ourselves. it''s reassuring to hear everone''s compliments on your wonderful diamond!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 6:57:36 PM
Author: EBree
Hearts Set, I don''t know if I told you this before, but your ring turned out beautifully! What a sparkler. My diamond is a Whiteflash ES ''I'' and is as white and sparkly as can be. Would I trade it for a smaller, E colored diamond? Never! I just hope that those with a budget see these posts and reconsider the near colorless stones, for they''re absolutely gorgeous and the best deal.
We are and I did. Mara started a wonderful thread about J colored stones in white metal...it got the ball rolling. I took a trip to GOG and realized I can see the diffrence and prefer a slight warmth.
30.gif
I am hoping to have my own winter white stone soon.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 7:46:48 PM
Author: Matatora

Ohhhhh! great desciption-- Winter White!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 7:49:40 PM
Author: jcrow

Winter white! I love it! Jcrow you beat me to it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 8:19:03 PM
Author: appletini
Date: 10/30/2005 7:49:40 PM

Author: jcrow

Winter white! I love it! Jcrow you beat me to it!

it reminds me of when people say they look better in winter white than summer white... like with wedding dresses.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Aww ya''ll made me blush.
emembarrassed.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Hearts Set, I am so thrilled to hear that your ring is turning heads and making you smile. J colored stones are beautiful and a great value as a really cool bonus.
Matatora, I love that description, winter white. Way cool term.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results