shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you who collect minerals as well as gems...(Pic attached)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
So since we all have the same thing in common (adoring gems/minerals), I thought it would be fun if you would like to share pics of some of the specimens in your collection. I''ve attached one of my favorites, an Opal natural gem crystal specimen.

ethiopian_opal_gems_.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow? How big is it?

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
It''s not as big as it looks in the picture, but it shows the detail very well. It''s only about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful play of colors!

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you:)

That''s what attracted me most to it. It looks amazing in sunlight! I also love the peachy color and the contrast of the smooth opal against the rough matrix.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Very cool piece, Lb! I''ve been contemplating heading into this arena, too. As if I need more things to spend money on
3.gif

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank ya :)

I have been collecting since I''m a kid. I''ve always been attracted to minerals/gems from a very young age. I''m happy with my collection, but there''s always another beautiful specimen out there waiting to be scooped up, lol.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely.

Must not, must not, must not. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love specimens where you can see how and where it is from.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice specimen.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovebaubles, great idea!

I actually started with collecting specimens (husband is a geologist) and from there went into colored gemstones. Will get pics of gemmy specimens when he comes home from snowed-in DC with my camera.

Now that I''m buying colored gemstones, the mineral specimen collecting has fallen off somewhat, the last specimen we bought was a meteorite. But was are off to Tucson Gem & Mineral Show on Thursday so when possible will get pics of items we PS-ers might enjoy.

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hey Stonie, thanks :)

I also have alot of gemmy specimens aswell. Def post some pics when you can :)

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you oddoneout and Harriet :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore it when you can see the matrix. I have a number of these including one that looks like an egg with opal inside it! They''re so cool aren''t they? For some reason (perhaps the darkness of the matrix inside) I think the Opals really show their colour play when they''re natural like this. Lovely!

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yes Loving, the matrix makes it all the more beautiful. I love seeing the rough background and such a beautiful treasure inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results