shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you feeling you need a Tiara

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
This little beauty is for sale at an online site.Bidding starts at $1.5k. It has rubys, emeralds and diamonds. I think we should all chip in and make it the official PS Tiaria. We could do a time share were members get to wear it for their birthdays or other special occassions. Any takers? :cheeky:

tiara_at_auction.png

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
description from the auction: TIARA - 17th c. European Tiara set with Emeralds, Rubies, Peridots, and Pearls, reticulated scroll design. Set in gilt silver. 2 1/2" high, 4 3/4" wide end to end, 3.25 ozt. Minor old restoration, (1) pearl replaced.

I was mistaken-no diamonds. But lots of other beautiful jewels :lickout:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!! We should definitely have a PS tiara collection. (Alas, my headpieces are all not PS-appropriate since they do not involve real jewels... but you can bet your butt I have a lot of sparkly headbands from stores like Anthropologie. My husband thinks they're all tiaras, even when they involve elastic.)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every girl needs a tiara! I already have one or I would be going for that beauty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Luvsparkle, you have a TIARA? Where is it, where is it? Pix? God, I would LOVE a tiara. Tiffany sent me their catalogue recently and it contained this AMAZING tiara. I can't remember the carat weight but it was very high and there were also many yellow diamonds. It was $335,000 and I have to say, for a large Tiffany piece like that I thought it was a very reasonable price. You'd have thought it would be at least 1-2 million.

I found a picture of it!

http://thegemstandard.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tiffany-2013-blue-book-yellow-diamond-tiara.jpg

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Holy moly! Both of those tiara's are to die for!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Smith!!! The one at auction is only $1.5k and with a sales estimate of $3k to $5k. If any of you seriously want to bid on it let me know and I'll post the link. Talk about a fairytale princess fantasy! And it's from the 17th century which was 1601-1700. Imagine where this tiara has been.
I look at my 1920s oec art deco ring and wonder who wore it, what happened to them, where the ring has traveled on someones hand. Can you imagine an object a 300 to 400 yrs old! If I bought it I would want to dig up the history.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
How pretty! And antique, super. I wonder what its history is. How I'd love to bid on it, but where would I wear it? Would get some looks in the grocery store or walking the dog, my usual haunts. :mad: Somebody buy it!!!

--- Laurie

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I DO have a tiara, however it is not one I would swoon over. When I won the Lighthouse Award last year, the student who nominated me also gave me a tiara. I had to google it because I do not have any pics of me in iton my PC.
http://www.tiaratown.com/pe6.html
i had no idea it was so pricy!
I did see this one http://www.tiaratown.com/katetiara.html
I think is pretty, but when would I wear it? shopping in Publix? OR when I'm bling oogling on PS?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results