shape
carat
color
clarity

Fly Girl''s Concave Cut Rubies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, I love your taste in jewelery and gemstones! I came across a thread with your Mahenge spinel from Gene with a pair of concave cut rubies. link I''d love to hear more about them, and what your plans are for them!
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the shout-out, IndyLady.
1.gif

Here is the vendor photo for those rubies. I took one look and bought them. This was in mid-2008, and all was going great at that time. We had a bit of extra cash, so I purchased a beautiful Infinity diamond, too. I was in the process of having a local designer create a 3 stone ring. It was going to have a diamond center (the 0.70 ct F VS1 Infinity round) and ruby sidestones.

Then came the market crash in the fall of 2008. I was literally planning a meeting that week with the designer, and I called her up and said I was putting the project on hold. After that my son lost his job, I lost my job, and there was no longer extra cash for such an expensive project.

After much thought, the Infinity is now a simple pendant so it can be worn, and the rubies remain unset. I have them in a box on my computer desk, so I am looking at them as I type this. They are gorgeous.
3.gif

I am waiting for the right time, and the right project. It hasn''t happened yet.

Thank you for asking, and yes, I love rubies, too. Glad to know you are a fellow ruby lover.
1.gif

a31019i2.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Oh Fly Girl, that sounded like an amazing project - I''m not a big 3-stone ring lover, but those rubies paired with a center diamond would be absolutely stunning! I''m sorry to hear it had to be shelved for awhile, but in the meantime, you can still enjoy them in the box. I have a single box for my rather modest colored stone collection, and I probably look at it at least once a day, often more. DH calls it my "box of happy" The color of those rubies would definitely make me happy!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 5:15:03 PM
Author: cellentani
Oh Fly Girl, that sounded like an amazing project - I''m not a big 3-stone ring lover, but those rubies paired with a center diamond would be absolutely stunning! I''m sorry to hear it had to be shelved for awhile, but in the meantime, you can still enjoy them in the box. I have a single box for my rather modest colored stone collection, and I probably look at it at least once a day, often more. DH calls it my ''box of happy'' The color of those rubies would definitely make me happy!
I like that. A box of happy!
25.gif

I am working part-time at the moment, and am busy with some smaller setting projects. But, these rubies are special, and I want them in the right project. In the meantime, yes, the color does make me happy.
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the vendor shot! They are beautiful, and I think they will be stunning in a three stone ring. I think your rubies are the first concave cut rubies I''ve ever seen. I have a few unset gems that I love, and while I wish I could wear them every day, I''m waiting for the perfect setting to come along (and of course, to be within my rather small budget!). Thank you again for sharing your rubies with us!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! man, would I love to see a three stone ring with them in it!
30.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get your dream ring very soon!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous flygirl!

good luck, may the project gods be with you
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FlyGirl,
Those are lovely rubies. I look forward to seeing them set one day, hopefully sooner than later.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are amazing. And good luck to you and to your son!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry to hear about how the economy has hurt you. It really has been stressful for alot of people.

I''m glad you''re waiting to put those in the right setting they are stunning.

"Box of Happy" oh I love that phrase, what a good way to refer to my unset stones!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 7:14:48 PM
Author: IndyLady
Thank you for the vendor shot! They are beautiful, and I think they will be stunning in a three stone ring. I think your rubies are the first concave cut rubies I''ve ever seen. I have a few unset gems that I love, and while I wish I could wear them every day, I''m waiting for the perfect setting to come along (and of course, to be within my rather small budget!). Thank you again for sharing your rubies with us!
You are so welcome, IndyLady. Thanks for asking.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your good wishes, D&T, Largosmom, rosetta, Chrono, crasru, and Stone Hunter.

DS has a nice full-time job right now, although not in his area. I''m working in my field at the moment, although this is temporary work, and so I''m holding off on larger projects. Yes, this economy still lacks enough good jobs. Here''s to hoping that things improve in 2010. But, personally, I''m blessed, and I do appreciate the e-friendship of you lovely folks.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results