shape
carat
color
clarity

fluorescense in an F diamond...and what will make more fire??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

picky

Rough_Rock
I found nice looking 1.05 F Si1 princess, with a table slightly smaller than its depth, and a 13% crown!

1. Will that big crown create more fire than say, a diamond with only a 9.5% crown? I want fire fire fire. I think fire is what I really love about diamonds...even more than brightness.

2. But it''s also got MEDIUM blue fluorescence. Will this look bad with an "F"?? And am I crazy for kind of liking the idea of a fluorescent diamond?? I think it''s kind of cool that it would glow blue in blacklights.
37.gif
I just hope it wouldn''t have a negative effect on the F color.

One more question please?....

3. Does anyone think there is a major diference between a diamond that spreads 5.80 by 5.80....and a diamond that spreads 5.58 by 5.65? Will this look any different at all to the eye?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help./

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Fluoresence is a "double edged sword". In some stone it helps their face up appearane to be better and in some diamond it can cause a milky or hazy appearance.

Recently we had a stone that was an H color and a grading report that said it had negliigible fluroesnce. The fluorescense was faint, but it did have a slightly hazy appearance.

On the other hand I've seen diamonds that have medium fluorescense that have no affect on the face up appearance and stones where the appearance helps the face up appearance too.

It's a stone by stone call.

As to the length width measurement, more commonly than not, the more rectangular the stone is the more light leakage there is, although I saw a noticeably rectangular one recently that went against what I've observed, that virutally had no light leakage.

Rockdoc

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2005 11:29:31 AM
Author:Prisms
I found nice looking 1.05 F Si1 princess, with a table slightly smaller than its depth, and a 13% crown!

1. Will that big crown create more fire than say, a diamond with only a 9.5% crown? I want fire fire fire. I think fire is what I really love about diamonds...even more than brightness.
there is no one single proportion that will contribute to more fire. a diamond that performs well has proportions that work together to do so. that said, a greater crown height could indeed be indicative of a stone with balanced proportions. we would need all of the information together to know more.

2. But it's also got MEDIUM blue fluorescence. Will this look bad with an 'F'?? And am I crazy for kind of liking the idea of a fluorescent diamond?? I think it's kind of cool that it would glow blue in blacklights.
37.gif
I just hope it wouldn't have a negative effect on the F color.
i happen to like the look of fluorescence. it is not noticeable in all viewing conditions and it gives the stone some character. there are however rare instances where fluor. can have a negative effect in that it can make the stone look dull and cloudy.

One more question please?....

3. Does anyone think there is a major diference between a diamond that spreads 5.80 by 5.80....and a diamond that spreads 5.58 by 5.65? Will this look any different at all to the eye?
unless you are scrutinizing these two stones side by side, you won't notice a big difference.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I''m not an expert on this but...
(1) Yes, the crown size and having a smaller table will make your diamond have more fire as a general matter. It may make the diamond appear smaller than another 1ct princess since more of the diamond''s weight will be put into the crown height and the table. I saw a 2.4 ct princess cut once and it looked the same size as my 1.97, partly b/c it used a lot of its weight to build up the crown (the crown angle was visibly high, not sure how hight thoug). But I have to admit, it was the only stone that i have seen so far that outsparkled mine. So there is some food or though.

(2) As far as floresence - I know you are probably sick of hearing this, but it really depends on the diamond. Some studies show largely no negative impact on colorless diamonds that have floresence. SO, sometimes medium floresence will not be a problem. However, I would still be carful! Floresence doesn''t just mean that the diamond glows in floresent light, it also means that it may appear blueish and may also be cloudy. One of my baggets (F or G color) in my setting has floresent in it. I first though it was a badly cut stone b/c it doesn''t sparkle as much or look as pretty as the other one (I''m analy, i notice these thigs), but then a jeweler pointed out that it was not the cut but the floresence that was making it look dull. I could also see the dull blue look to my bagget.

I also saw a medium floresence in a 3ct I color round and it did not make the stone look dull or cloudy at all. It did however make it look like a G color, increasing its value. (it did look slightly slightly darker than other diamonds)

Whether or not you will see it on the diamond, one thing is certain, you will save $$$, since floresence lowers the monetary value of the stone (not sure by how much exactly but I think its somewhere between 7-12%).

(3) I don''t think .10 mm is going to make any difference in choosing one stone over the other. Your presonal taste will bear far greater value. Both will look square.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many people LOVE even strong blue fluorescence, provided it does not cause the stone to look milky.

We have sold many strong blue stones that look perfectly colorless indoors, and a nice glowing blue color in the sunlight, not to mention being absolute beakens of light at any club using blue lights.

I even had one strong blue that turned a very light pink color out of doors. I have only ever seen one like it and I guarantee you its new owner was VERY happy with the fluorescense!

Wink

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I once saw an ACA F with med blue flour at WF and it was gorgeous! I would have gotten it, but it sold a few weeks before my BF was ready to take the plunge. I think this will be a beautiful combination.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results