shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone art deco inspired setting for my OECs

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great! Can't wait to see the SMTB reveal!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I've had that Ruby Lane ring in my favorites for quite a while, but the price blows me away. Can't wait to see your ring.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
webdiva|1339167821|3211824 said:
Wow - that is STUNNING! Congratulations! I debated going to David Klass for my wedding band since he's local but hadn't seen anything art deco he had made. Wow - he definitely has the skill level to execute - good to know! Those sapphires - WOW! I can imagine the mess some other jewelers could have made out of this design and it is gorgeous and well done! Who was it with the N colored AVC that wanted an art deco ring with ruby inserts? I think she just found the vendor!

I think I'll go to him for my "aqua" art deco ring! May I ask price range without getting nosy? Like...Bev K level pricing or Tacori level pricing? ;-)

Edit: I wanted to add that you may want to add sizing balls so you can wear it on both hands. :)
I was originally going to add pricing/budget information but decided to wait until/if someone asked. I didn't want to get TMI on you guys lol.

David can work with any budget, he gets many rave reviews for that. I really didn't think I could get this ring made for under 2k but he came through for me!

The final cost for the sapphires and setting in 14k white gold was $1500. I originally wanted palladium as 18k white gold yellows faster on me than I'd like but David doesn't work with palladium.

The band with round accents that served as one of my inspirations was quoted at $1025 for 14k and $1200 for 18k (I was thinking about doing two tone and I prefer 18k yg) with the price being the same for sapphire or diamond melee. I could have saved a bit of $ if I went with round melee but my heart belonged to the calibrated trillion accent stones :love: !

I was really torn about what accent stones to use for this ring, rubies or sapphires. I had a hard time deciding so I left the choosing to my lovely husband. Blue sapphires won!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! Your ring is beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see handshots.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
pixies|1339179296|3211944 said:
I was originally going to add pricing/budget information but decided to wait until/if someone asked. I didn't want to get TMI on you guys lol.

David can work with any budget, he gets many rave reviews for that. I really didn't think I could get this ring made for under 2k but he came through for me!

The final cost for the sapphires and setting in 14k white gold was $1500. I originally wanted palladium as 18k white gold yellows faster on me than I'd like but David doesn't work with palladium.

The band with round accents that served as one of my inspirations was quoted at $1025 for 14k and $1200 for 18k (I was thinking about doing two tone and I prefer 18k yg) with the price being the same for sapphire or diamond melee. I could have saved a bit of $ if I went with round melee but my heart belonged to the calibrated trillion accent stones :love: !

I was really torn about what accent stones to use for this ring, rubies or sapphires. I had a hard time deciding so I left the choosing to my lovely husband. Blue sapphires won!

Awesome - thanks for the info! :) I'm surprised at the price given the custom cut sapphires! Beautiful! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
holy moly, that price is ridiculously awesome!! i had a 5 stone priced out by a vendor that had NO sidestones and it was just about $2k, which totally turned me off. so great for you!

and i remember that ring and those stones. i was actually hoping you'd return it as i had it on my watch list for a while and had missed the auction lol! i thought those stones would be fantastic and finding one more was going to be easy! so KUDOS for a great find and keep! LOL.

can't wait to see the finished reveal. i also have that RL ring in my 'wish list' ... love those sapphires.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Mara|1339191500|3212090 said:
holy moly, that price is ridiculously awesome!! i had a 5 stone priced out by a vendor that had NO sidestones and it was just about $2k, which totally turned me off. so great for you!

and i remember that ring and those stones. i was actually hoping you'd return it as i had it on my watch list for a while and had missed the auction lol! i thought those stones would be fantastic and finding one more was going to be easy! so KUDOS for a great find and keep! LOL.

can't wait to see the finished reveal. i also have that RL ring in my 'wish list' ... love those sapphires.
I've been busy this weekend and hadn't had a chance to catch up until just now.

That's too funny Mara. I get so upset when I forget to check back in on an auction, especially when I see that it closed at an awesome price. Maybe it was just fated to be mine :wink2:!

Thanks to purplesilk, enerchi, bright ice, diamondbrokersofflorida, christina..., tyty333, alene, skippy, onedrop, yennyfire, snicklefritz, webdiva, makingthegrade, cachette, ame, swingirl, elisteach, stargurl78, dreamer_d, armywife13, travelinggal, lulu, tigian, mara for all of your kind words (sorry if I've forgotten anyone).

Small update: The ring will be here on Tuesday!!! So, not too much longer for hand shots.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pixies|1339354607|3213256 said:
Mara|1339191500|3212090 said:

I've been busy this weekend and hadn't had a chance to catch up until just now.

That's too funny Mara. I get so upset when I forget to check back in on an auction, especially when I see that it closed at an awesome price. Maybe it was just fated to be mine :wink2:!

Thanks to purplesilk, enerchi, bright ice, diamondbrokersofflorida, christina..., tyty333, alene, skippy, onedrop, yennyfire, snicklefritz, webdiva, makingthegrade, cachette, ame, swingirl, elisteach, stargurl78, dreamer_d, armywife13, travelinggal, lulu, tigian, mara for all of your kind words (sorry if I've forgotten anyone).

Small update: The ring will be here on Tuesday!!! So, not too much longer for hand shots.

yup totally fated!! and i figure if i can't hoard all the OEC"s out there, at least other PS'ers can get them it all stays in the 'family' lol! can't wait to see your real life pics.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love: I have also loved the rubylane ring! I would not wear another band with it and I definitely would not size it down. If it is too loose, add sizing beads. Sizing beads can be put in or removed without causing problems with the stones.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

DK does great work!

pixies

Shiny_Rock

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beauty!!! I agree with the idea od sizing beads. I had them put in my ering and they make a world of difference

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
Well, a few days away from PS and look at what I miss! What an absolutely STUNNING ring! So elegant and classy and, oh boy, do I want one! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results