shape
carat
color
clarity

Fisher, you inspired me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
...to donate to locks of love! I was nervous that I wouldn''t like my hair this short, but I LOVE it
1.gif
Thanks for being an inspiration

robbie3982haircut101307.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYYYYY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You look great Robbie! Love the look, very stylish!

ETA: now you guys are making me want to do that again. Pulling out the ruler to measure my hair.

ETA one more time: It is only 8 inches.
15.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! It frames your face beautifully.

I did the post wedding haircut too, and I''m so glad I did (mine''s a stitch longer than yours). I didn''t have enough to give to Locks of Love, but I love not having to deal with so much hair anymore!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, it looks so cute. It suits you. And great job on donating it to Locks of Love. You made child''s day.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You know you girls are the most thoughtful group of friends I have ever had. It is an honor to know you all!

Thanks Robbie...you are still a knockout...and now a little tot will be twirling your locks around her fingers with a spring in her step.

Standing ovation...
36.gif
with my tears falling.

DKS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie, you look terrific!! Donating your hair to locks of love was such a thoughtful thing to do. Kudos to you!!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really cute haircut! It looks great!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Robbie, you look fabulous with your new short ''do!!! I love it! I bet you look soooo glam with your makeup done and some trendy little outfit...but the cut is so versatile you can really mix it up. I''ve thought about going that short about a million times in the last few years and just can''t bring myself to do it... Kudos to you for donating to locks of love, that is awesome! Some child is going to benefit hugely from your generosity!

I have color-treated, long hair, I know the color-treated part is ok, but my problem is that I''ve had my hair cut into long-ish layers and the shortest layer is not 10" long....it''s more like 6-7 inches and LofL won''t accept anything less than 10". The longest length of hair on my scalp is maybe 15-17", but I''d rather wait until my hair is all one length before I chop it all off and donate it. Stupid layers...LOL!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
you look fantastic, just imagine how happy the receipient of your hair will be.My hair is far too short and thin, but I ""do my part "in many other ways.I think its such a wonderful thing to be able to share part of yourself with others , be it in time, support or any other way one can think of.
You look lovely and I wish you the best...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 8:52:00 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
You know you girls are the most thoughtful group of friends I have ever had. It is an honor to know you all!

Thanks Robbie...you are still a knockout...and now a little tot will be twirling your locks around her fingers with a spring in her step.

Standing ovation...
36.gif
with my tears falling.

DKS
Thanks DKS: You made my day....or evening..Its an honor to have you here also.
I must agree with you the " bunch of people here are GREAT Really.Its nice to see such a " community" on the net..Always someone willing to help out and offer a suggestion.Fun place to visit (if not post )I enjoy it also no matter how little free time I have I try to visit often..

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2007 12:38:32 AM
Author: monarch64
Robbie, you look fabulous with your new short ''do!!! I love it! I bet you look soooo glam with your makeup done and some trendy little outfit...but the cut is so versatile you can really mix it up. I''ve thought about going that short about a million times in the last few years and just can''t bring myself to do it... Kudos to you for donating to locks of love, that is awesome! Some child is going to benefit hugely from your generosity!

I have color-treated, long hair, I know the color-treated part is ok, but my problem is that I''ve had my hair cut into long-ish layers and the shortest layer is not 10'' long....it''s more like 6-7 inches and LofL won''t accept anything less than 10''. The longest length of hair on my scalp is maybe 15-17'', but I''d rather wait until my hair is all one length before I chop it all off and donate it. Stupid layers...LOL!

Thanks everyone! Monarch, my hair was pretty layered too. According to the website, only the longest layer needs to be at least 10". This is from the website:

Please Note: Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.

I''m sure there are pieces of my ponytail that won''t be able to be used to make a hairpiece, but they''ll still be helping to defray costs :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, how cute!

It's so fun getting something totally new, isn't it?

The cut has inspired me to become more *girly* again. When Paul and I met, I always took the time to look good, and I guess the story is true that when you find someone who loves you regardless of anything superficial, it's easy to fall into taking less time to dress up, etc.

Now that it's been cut for about a week, it's sort of falling into place easier and I think it looks a lot better. It's not in shock anymore, I guess.

Congratulations, Robbie. Locks of Love is a wonderful organization. My 12 year old niece (one of my Jr. Bridesmaids) donated her beautiful, LONG, red hair to Locks of Love, a few years back and I kept that in my mind to do once I was done with my long hair.

It looks beatiful on you, girl!!
9.gif
9.gif

I forgot to add, so how does it do when it's not straightened? Does it curl up even more than before? People still say the cutest is the curly on me, but I just feel like it's too curly and "wild" for my liking.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
robbie, I actually think your new shorter do looks better on you! Very cute. And fisher, I prefer your hair curly much more than straight. It''s adorable and very nice with those amazing curls.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks fisher and surfgirl!

Fisher, I haven''t done it curly yet. I just got it cut last night and today the in-laws are coming over so I wanted to stick with something I knew looked good
3.gif
. I''ll probably see what it looks like either tonight or some time during the week.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
fisher and robbie~you have both done a wonderful thing
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Robbie,

I don''t know about you, but my hair, even with it being shorter now, takes forever to straighten. A friend at work told me about a new product by Tresemme, under the thermal creations line. It''s called straightening gel, and I it really looks really well and makes the hair shine, shine. I love it!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2007 3:31:23 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Robbie,

I don''t know about you, but my hair, even with it being shorter now, takes forever to straighten. A friend at work told me about a new product by Tresemme, under the thermal creations line. It''s called straightening gel, and I it really looks really well and makes the hair shine, shine. I love it!!
Hmmm I''ll have to try it. I just used regular gel today. Compared to how long it used to take me to straighten it, today was nothing
1.gif
. I think it took 15-20 min from wet to finished.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results