shape
carat
color
clarity

First wedding dress shopping trip! Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
On your first trip, I like the back of #2 BUT the sash is oddly placed. It's like between places it would look nice- it's lower than the waist but looks above the hips/drop waist. So, I like #1 better- much more flattering around the waist.

Now, adding the Allure on your second trip... yeah... confuddling because they are both beautiful!

Seeing them both...
angchampagnefront.JPG
angivoryfront.JPG

I think I will say the Oleg. I don't think you can go wrong with either... I really like the detailing on the Allure, but it's almost like there are not enough pick ups... if going for a pick up skirt, then the Oleg looks truly like a pick up skirt while the Allure is picked up only in very few places (looks almost like your hands are holding it up rather than being a true pick up with the draping across the front) if that made any sense at all.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the detailing on the Allure gown and the sweetheart neckline is extremely flattering on you... but I agree, it just kind of hangs there... it looks like the pickups are missing or the dress wasn''t finished. So my vote is #1, the bottom just lays so nicely... almost like a cupcake! But either way they are both gorgeous and you couldn''t go wrong.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
#1 all the way!! If this makes any sense, it looks like the detailing on the Allure is almost TOO systematic, like it was computer generated or something. The Oleg has a much softer, romantic look to it. Also the shape and color of the Oleg works wonderfully with your skin tone and body shape! Looks really great!

Considering this is one of your first dress shopping trips, do you think you''ll go shoppng for more, or do you love these? I don''t think you could go wrong!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Sera : That was one of my stipulations in a dress. LOTS OF PICKUPS. Hahaha.

Blueeyes : I see what you mean about the bottom laying better on the Oleg. It does look like a fluffy cupcake!

misysu : I am really drawn to the detailing on the Allure because it sparkles like mad. When I was younger I told my dad I wanted diamonds on my wedding gown, so my mom thinks the sparkliness is sweet. But, I do feel as though the champagne color flatters my skin tone better than the ivory.

This is such a hard decision but a very very important one. I do appreciate everyone''s input.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Oleg Cassini. I actually do not usually care much for pick ups, but the pick ups on that particular dress look great. Maybe it''s because they flow so prettily. The design of the dress is very pretty too. It''s not too busy. It''s elegant, and it looks AMAZING on you.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
I think the fact that the 2 dresses are very similar makes it a tough decision! Which dress makes you feel like a princess when you put it on? You can''t go wrong either way.... Keep us posted!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
STILL love the oleg! It looks gorgeous on you!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
#1 looks best on you. I hate lace up backs and #2 is just meh for me. #1 looks very romantic and lovely. I tried that dress on and it is amazing on...I have olive skin and it looks great against my skin - you seem to have similar coloring. Go with #1!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
For what it is worth here is my opinion:

#1 is pretty good. the one thing that sticks out to me that I think is less that flattering is back picture. there are no pickups on your butt, so I think it makes it look flat and wide. (I am sure that it IS NOT but the flat back looks that way, to me.)
I love #2, the Maggie, bc the back has pickups on the butt and makes a much nice silhouette.

the detail on the Allure is amazing, for me it would be #2 or #3 if they could add some pick ups to the front, and I can't tell what it does on your butt (bc of the veil) but it looks like it has pickups....
what are the prices on them?

not sure if you are still entertaining other options:

What do you think of this one? http://www.casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=F&ModelNo=1822&Cat=Best%20Seller&SubCat= or http://www.casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=C&ModelNo=1851&Cat=Spring%20Collection&SubCat=2007
you could probably add a sash to the first and i think they are fab (minute the pancake butt part, again!!! lol)

I love the back of this http://www.mikaellabridal.com/ style 1208, great back too...and you can add the sash :) this one has alot of pickups and has a very dreamy flowyy appearance.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oleg Cassini. Hands down. It looks stunning on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results