shape
carat
color
clarity

First timer needs serious help with three stone mount!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allison92901

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around Pricescope for months now and have finally decided to get some help of my own :) My husband and I were married 5 years ago in September and have been through engagement ring hell! Long story short, we went to a jewelry store in a local mall....I know, young and stupid, and due to complications and a long fight traded in 2 seperate rings with problems for a 1 ct. 3 stone set in platinum. 3 years later, it completely fell apart and we were at square one, except for the diamonds of course. We had the diamonds reset in white gold because it was what we could afford and that setting was secure but had a horrible orange tinge to it even after being plated. So we reset them again into something bearable until we could afford to of course reset them again. Well, we are renewing our vows in September and want to yes reset again as we have saved up to do it right this time. So, my question to all of you experienced jewelry folks is where can we get a 3 stone mount for a .50ct center stone and 2 .25 sides all round with a matching band. I have seen some settings on the Pricescope vendor sites but all seem to already have the sidestones I don''t need or you have to buy their stones. I have my heart set on something though that has some small diamond detail next to the sidestones on the three stone band, just not channel set. I hope that y''all can help me. We could use a break in the jewelry department. Of course I''m a lucky woman because I would rather have all these ring problems than marriage problems! I have the greatest husband thank goodness
30.gif

GIJoeCam

Rough_Rock
I''m still a newbie here, but I''ve seen some VERY nice and detailed rings along the lines of what you''re looking for in the Verragio web site, under their Euro series (one of them was the inspiration for the custom ring I had made for my girlfriend).

Worth a peek at least. :)

-Joe

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think custom would definitely be the way to go. Check out Whiteflash (www.whiteflash.com). Here are a couple examples of what they've done for other customers (ignore the shapes inside the settings):

Setting #1

Setting #2

Setting #3

Setting #4

They can make you whatever you want within reason! I'd highly suggest them; we bought my engagement ring diamond from them and the service was excellent.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2006 11:11:59 PM
Author:allison92901

So, my question to all of you experienced jewelry folks is where can we get a 3 stone mount for a .50ct center stone and 2 .25 sides all round with a matching band. ... I don't need or you have to buy their stones. I have my heart set on something though that has some small diamond detail next to the sidestones on the three stone band.

gi_WFR-UHrPt3st_f.jpg

Btw... just having seen Ebree's post - no, this is not the 'Whiteflash Forum'! These guys just happen to have relatively more diamonds listed tha other and quite a few other things going for them => lots of talk and feedback!

You may want to take a look in the 'Photo gallery' of Pricescope for some other sellers' take on things.

allison92901

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you for your advice...Ebree that 3rd setting you mentioned is just what I have been looking for! I will definitely have to give Whiteflash a second look, and a call for that matter. Thanks!
36.gif

allison92901

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your helpful advice Automotan-actually I thought it was a bit rude. Sorry I just was trying to get my story out. It has been a hard road and I just didn't think that I had to worry about making paragraphs to get my point across. I guess I just didn't realize that there may be people who have trouble with reading (sarcastic). My fault. Sorry
8.gif

Thanks anyway though.

From the reading I have done, I thought this was a helpful bunch...maybe I'm mistaken.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allison, I hope you don''t judge this forum based on automan''s unfriendly/rude comment. I didn''t have any trouble reading your story and thank you for sharing. Looks like you''ve already gotten some great ideas and please feel free to ask any question you may have. this really is a friendly place
35.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2006 4:13:06 PM
Author: allison92901
Thanks for your helpful advice Automotan-actually I thought it was a bit rude. Sorry I just was trying to get my story out. It has been a hard road and I just didn''t think that I had to worry about making paragraphs to get my point across. I guess I just didn''t realize that there may be people who have trouble with reading (sarcastic). My fault. Sorry
8.gif

Thanks anyway though.

From the reading I have done, I thought this was a helpful bunch...maybe I''m mistaken.

Allison - welcome to PS - officially! If you''ve been lurking for a while, you already know that the PS community prides itself on respecting everyone, offering help and advice in a gentle and polite manner. Automotan is one of the obvious, and rare, exceptions - nearly all of his posts on this forum so far seem to follow this same tone, so don''t take it personally. The rest of us can see it for what it is, and we''ll be here for ya!

I think the 3# WF setting is lovely - and we''re anxious to hear how your conversation with them goes! Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results