shape
carat
color
clarity

First Time DIamond Studs Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
I''ve never really bought diamonds before, but have been reading up on them these past few weeks. Anyway, I am looking into spending somewhere in the $200 - $300 range for stud earrings for my girlfriend which I know isn''t very much, but I''m a first year teacher so the income is limited. Anyway, I''d rather a really striking diamond with a great cut that is small than the other way around. What should I be looking for to get the best earrings for my price range? Is there anywhere else I should check out other than white flash? Thanks for your help!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Cut Cut Cut = most important

I am a fan of whiteflash - give them a call and say what you said in your post - they will get you the best set they can for what you can spend.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered my studs from WF and I couldn''t be happier with their service.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes call them and tell them your budget. For maximum bling go with a 3 prong martini setting. All you will see is sparkle. I''m sure they can work with your budget. As others have said cut is key. I-J color and SI1-2 should do it. Good luck, I hope you find a beautiful pair of studs. Teachers are the best, in my book.
36.gif

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of you for your help. I emailed whiteflash last night and they sent me this link

https://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WFER-4R-Set&CategID=54

I plan on calling them tonight as well to talk about these things. Do all purchases from whiteflash come with a certificate? As inexpensive (relatively speaking) these earrings will be compared to larger ones, I still like to know what I am getting. Again, thank you all for your help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are a great value. To save some money go with White gold and get bigger stones. Yes they come with full documentation. No worries there. Good luck.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 10:43:02 AM
Author: kaleigh
Those are a great value. To save some money go with White gold and get bigger stones. Yes they come with full documentation. No worries there. Good luck.
In addition to going with white gold - I would ask if they have any expert selection studs in your price range with a slightly lower color and slightly lower clarity. What you are seeing on the page they sent you is G VS which is in the middle of the range but you can still go a bit lower and ber VERY happy with them.
Ask if they have anything expert selection, I or J color, and "eye clean" SI diamonds.

Good luck

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup ES I-J SI1 is what will give you the best bang for your buck. You''ll be able to get bigger studs that way and they will look great.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second what Gonzodogg and Kaleigh said!

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
Again, thank you so all so much! I just emailed them and plan on calling tonight saying what you guys suggested. I feel a lot better about making a purchase such as this after finding this site. Thanks again.

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
Okay, one mroe question for you helpful people. I just talked to whiteflash and they didn''t have relaly anything else other than the above link, but they mentioned qualifying for a discount if i mention the pricescope forums'' names, so do you think i should stick witht he same ones or go up slightly in size? Is the price jump worth going from .25 to .30?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can swing the price go for the .30''s. If not .25 is a very nice size. Not a big difference IMHO. Did you ask about the martini setting?? That would maximize the bling!!

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
The martini setting for .25''s was $350, so I wasn''t sure if the different setting justified the $90 jump. Maybe I will just bump up to the .30s and say that''s for Valentine''s too! ha ha. Anyway, iif I were to go for a little extra money would you recommed the .30''s or martini setting? I swear I will stop asking questions soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, I just say the martini setting really shows off the stones well. That's all you see which is nice. It also sits well on the ear. So now my friend I leave it to you. I don't know what you are comfortable with. I guess I would say the martini setting and the .30's. Let me know what you decide. They will be awesome I'm sure!!
2.gif

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
Alright I ordered the martini setting! I did like the three prong settings significantly more than the 4 when looking at stores, so I think that was the way to go. I''ll be sure to post back how these look when I get them! They extended the 10-day return policy to the day after Christmas as well, so that was nice. I can''t imagine my girlfriend won''t like them, but better safe than sorry! Thanks again, I am spending more than I originally planned, but I think it will be worth it in the long run!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, she will be thrilled with them!!! Don''t forget to come back with ear shots. We love to see pics here.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know whiteflash is a favorite here (and should be from the pictures I have seen) but I bought my diamond studs a few years ago (before I had even heard of pricescope) from Ashford.com and am very happy with the quality and price (cheaper than WF) They are very white and sparkly.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s wonderful! I think she will love them!
36.gif
Did you end up going with the 0.25 or the 0.30?

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
I ended up going with the .25 but in the 3 prong martini style. They should be here tomorrow, so I am excited! Now I just want to give them, but I suppose I can wait 2 weeks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice!! Yes wait 2 weeks, it will be worth the wait!!!
2.gif

nikolaipj

Rough_Rock
I picked them up today and they are beautiful! I am sure she will love them. Thanks again for everyone''s help. I don''t know if I have ever seen anything so sparkly. Any tips on taking pictures?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's great, so glad you love them. For best pics, use the macro mode, has the flower icon and take some pics without the flash . Best if you can take them in sunlight. I'm sure others can chime in as I am not the expert on pics.
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results