shape
carat
color
clarity

first stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have been lurking for a bit, trying to learn as much as possible before starting to buy. Usually what I love gets snatched up quickly (as it should).
But I finally got something!

I have loved all the asscher cuts and my favorite stones are sapphire and garnet, so that is what I have been keeping my eye open for.

I saw this Dan stone and got on his list. It was passed on(i hope just because of its size)until my great BF got it for me. I had not seen an asscher I liked in sapphire in my price range that was unheated. And the price was in "This is ok if this isn''t exactly what i want" budget.

here is the "goods"
1.12 carats
measures 5.44mm
an Asscher style square emerald cut. It doesn''t have quite as many rows of facets (or the excessive depth) as what I would consider a full Asscher cut, but is the same general concept.
The color goes from a slightly greenish medium blue in daylight to a slghtly deeper purple under incandescent light. I''d say it has about a 90 percent color change. The stone is usually eye clean, but can show a little shimmer of golden silk under direct, bright light from just the right angle. The bit of silk is very pretty under magnification, and not distracting or very noticeable under normal viewing.
Also, it is an untreated stone that is supposed to be from a place in Australia called Ruddy Creek.

sapphire in box2croppedop.jpg

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
It is a bit darker than Dan''s pic but I was prepared for that from the vendor compare thread.

IMG_7567op.jpg

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
more pics

cannon sapphire.jpg

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
the required flower pic

opsapphire hibiscus2croppedop.jpg

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
Here is Dan''s pic

The color change is very cool! I have not gotten a good picture showing the purple or teal colors it shows. When there is mixed light, it is an amazing teal/green color.

112CCSap.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love asscher cuts, and that looks very beautiful! would love to see some close up shots of the facets. Congrats on your first stone
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice first stone! Congrats!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a great first stone! Very pretty.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty pretty pretty . . . what are you going to do with it?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I haven''t seen too many sapphire asschers; what a unique and beautiful stone!

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I like the first link best to suit the stone itself (of course that''s just my personal preference), but the third link seems like it would offer a little more finger coverage, YET then it might make the stone look smaller b/c of the bigger band. So it''s a toss-up for me.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL stone....CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Lori

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Great buy! I love that!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your first coloured stone purchase and many more to come.
27.gif
It’s like a piece of good chocolate where it is difficult to stop at just one piece.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! Enjoy your new stone....just a warning, this is just the begining, you can never go back!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! And I don''t mind if you use my pictures. To get a band like mine, there''s always the custom route and I''m sure I''ve seen engagement rings that were basically eternity bands with a stone (or two) removed and a peg head holding the diamond. Although I think those have been prong set and not bezel set.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results