shape
carat
color
clarity

First New Years together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
How did you celebrate! We went to Dave & Busters and rocked over 1700 tickets on skeeball and some other games lol Also grabbed dinner there and then came home, watched a southpark marathon on tv before falling asleep at exactly 11:55 pm. It was perfect :) We both woke up at 5am and said "Oh it''s 5am....happy new year!" lol

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed a couple NYE midnights during my college years! That''s cute that you two fell asleep early together.

This was our sixth New Year''s together, but only our second since we married.

I was sick last year, so we stayed in together at home with our furbabies, watched some movies, and cuddled all night. It was really nice, actually.

This year we threw a small party at our house. We had twelve people over, all close friends, and it was a blast. Everyone ended up leaving around 2 AM, so it wasn''t a super late night. But they all voted that we should host all of the NYE parties at our house from now on, so a fun time was had by all.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
For our first NYE, we went out to a late fancy schmancy dinner together...I don't even remember toasting at midnight, though! For our second, we stayed at the hotel where we stayed for our wedding, so that was cool, and went out with friends from home.

This year, we went and saw some improv earlier in the evening, and I had to be awakened to see the ball drop, haha.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I have been together for 6 years and this was our 2nd NYE as a mmarried couple We don''t usually do much -- see a movie and go out to eat or get take out (which is what I think we did last year but I honestly can''t remember). Right now though, we''re in Charleston, SC. We didn''t plan to go away for NYE this year but we wanted to take a mini vacation before going back to work, and it happened to be around NYs.

For our first NY together 6 years ago, we went to Quebec for a mini vacation. It was a great trip!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This was our third NYE together. I think the first year was my favorite, we were in Playa Del Carmen for the week and we went into Cancun for NYE to catch a show and have drinks.

Last year, we hosted the party at our house (because we had the kids) and had friends over.

This year, we rotated and another couple hosted at their house. We had a blast, the host hubby is in a band and they all came over and played a mini-concert for all of us. It was great!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t edit my last post to add this, but I just realized I didn''t share what we did for our very first NYE together.

It was NYE 2005, and we went to the Melting Pot downtown with a ton of DH''s close friends. (All of whom are now married to different women than the ones who were at that NYE party, by the way!) I''ve never been a fan of that restaurant, and our experience that night was the last time any of us ever went there. (We made reservations too late to get into a nice downtown restaurant, that''s why we ended up there.)
We sat at a really long table in the lower level of the restaurant. There was an awful stand up comic screaming into a microphone ten feet away from our table, and while we were eating we heard the upstairs diners start a loud countdown, then the noisemakers filled the air, and there we were downstairs, with no noisemakers or champagne or anything. Our waitstaff had forgotten to take care of our section of the restaurant for the countdown, so we didn''t get the champagne toast, noisemakers and such, or "special midnight dessert" that we had paid for.

Regardless of the restaurant''s poor quality, we all had a blast hanging out with each other that night.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We went to our friends' annual party. It was great! I drank too much and stayed up ridiculously late
41.gif
Haha. DH and I had a great time! Unfortunately he was kind of sick though ... sometimes alcohol doesn't agree with his tummy, even if he doesn't get completely drunk. Poor DH. We spend yesterday recovering and watching the Lord of the Rings movies.

ETA: This was our 4th NYE together, and we've spent all four with the same friends. It was our first married one though!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a continuing tradition from the time we started dating, we spend NYE in Montreal. We typically have a long Quebecois-french dinner, go to our hotel room and polish off a bottle of champagne (initially it used to be his apartment before he moved, so now hotel) and then head off to the old port sector to engage in folk dances to a live french band in the cooooollddd. Do the countdown, kiss at midnight, watch the fireworks, grab a slice of greasy pizza (typical post-drinking food...since by now we've had a bottle of wine with dinner and a bottle of champagne after), go to our hotel/apartment and watch a movie and fall asleep! We wake up in the morning and begin the year right with a big breakfast, which must include either french toast or preferably pain perdu with real Canadian maple syrup!!

Incidentally, Mr. Kama also proposed just before dinner on NYE two years ago. Couldn't have been a more perfect setting!

ETA: We always spend NYE alone. As a child, my parents would always host huge dinner parties on NYE and it used to be ridiculously crazy (catered food, tons of people etc). I so much prefer quiet fun evenings with Mr. Kama instead.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
the same as the past 5 years. we always spend it at home together. we get crackers and cheese, salmon, tasty snacks.

then I usually fall asleep in front of the tv around 10pm and DH wakes me up just before New Year''s and we open the blinds and watch the firecrackers outside. we live on the 7th floor. firecrackers are legal in my country to buy your own, though we don''t because we find them highly dangerous.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
We had some friends over, just hung out and got tipsy!
Went outside at midnight and banged pots and pans...
Then we met our veeerrrry drunk neighbor from across the street (we only moved here 2 months ago).
NY''s day we went to the mummer''s parade (It''s only THE best New Year''s parade in the country
9.gif
). I may be a bit biased, though... I havent ever been to another city''s parade on NY''s. Here''s a link, if anyone''s interested... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daWLrnfj0Bc&feature=related It''s a parade/competition between different clubs. Best string band, best fancy brigade, best comic brigade, etc. It''s a blast. And the sounds are amazing in person.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to a friend''s house party and walked home. It was so romantic as it started to snow and for once over here the snow stuck so it was lovely walking home hand in hand.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
This was our first NYE together as a married couple, but our 8th together as a couple!

We went out to dinner early b/c we''re on a pretty strict budget and we didn''t feel like the over-priced prix fixe with kind of cheesy entertainment at most of the NYC restaurants on NYE.

The we came home and he played Madden on Xbox and I went on pricescope/surfed the net
20.gif

We decided next year we have to do something more exciting! I think we''ll throw a party or suck it up and enjoy the cheesy entertainment at an NYE prix fixe
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
With two exhausted couples - one pair have a 3 week old baby, the others a 10 week old - the 3 babies and a bottle of Champagne.
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
sounds like everyone had a great new years!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
we had friends in from out of town and went out to eat at a favorite pub, then to a columbus blue jackets game (where a guy proposed!) And then to the bar dh and I met at almost 3 years ago. A few shots later (dollar cherry bombs are never a good idea) and I lost my purse. Turns out it was behind the bar, but my frantic drunk self was looking for it and pretty much missed midnight.

Can''t say it was my favorite nye ever. I hadn''t been out drinking for quite some time and made the mistake of too much, too soon. Didn''t toss my cookies, but was a bit too sloshed. Ooooops.

Still a good times with good friends!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
First New Years as a married couple, and we decided to go away for the weekend. We didn''t want to spend much money, just wanted a short getaway so we went to Baltimore (we live in New York) and had a great time!

We got great deals on the hotels through Expedia and were lucky enough to get upgraded at both of them! We stayed in one hotel overlooking the Baltimore Inner Harbor and they had fireworks there at midnight on NYE - our room had a great view so we watched the fireworks together! Then we went to another hotel and they were so great and upgraded us to a beautiful suite for the weekend. We went to dinner on New Years Eve, and then the rest of the weekend we went to the aquarium, shopping, ESPN Zone, and just spent a lot of time relaxing and talking. It was so much fun!
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Our third NYE together (the first two sucked horribly) and our first as a married couple. We went out in Philly (we live nearby) with a great Cabernet Sauvignon and attempted to go to our favorite BYOB. We walked all the way there to find it was closed for renovation so we ended up at another BYOB in the Old City area of Philly. Then we went to Center City and hit up this really neat bar that is what I would imagine a speakeasy to be like back in the day. The name of it is the same name as the front for the largest alcohol ring int he country back during Prohibition. The bartenders prepared cocktails in an old-fashioned way using jiggers and bitters and cracked ice for stirred drinks. We sat at the bar and watched them work their magic and talked to some of the regulars. Took a cab home and passed out on the couch and recliner at 1210.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
This is our 13th!!! New Years together, and our first one married. We didn''t do much, went out to eat early, came home, played some wii together, watched the ball drop and just spent time together. It was nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results