shape
carat
color
clarity

First diamond & on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

res0219

Rough_Rock
Greetings!

I am brand new to the diamond buying world and I cannot thank everyone here at PS enough for all of your "words of wisdom" that you share on a daily basis.

My finacee and I are thinking about purchasing a diamond from Whiteflash. We are also thinking about letting Leon at Whiteflsah create a "custom" setting for me. I am in LOVE with the Honeymoon solitaire setting from Cartier but my budget for the diamond and setting is $5k. I just spoke to a Whiteflash consultant today and she assured me that Leon could create something similar to the Cartier setting (delicate bezel setting with open gallery) but obviously with a few changes to avoid copyright issues. The price quote for an 18k white gold setting is $1350. Does anyone have experience with Whiteflash designing a custom engagement ring setting based on a designer setting?

Regarding the ROCK, I am looking for brilliant cut, round stone around the 3/4 carat range. The Whiteflash consultant found the following diamond and I would love some feedback (good or bad):

Price = $3,281.00
. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 0.718
. Depth %: 61.7
. Table %: 56.6
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 51
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 76
. Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
. Measurements: 5.72-5.75X3.54
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Thoughts and feedback regarding this diamond and/ or Whiteflash are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachel

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ACAs are great.

hedarud

Shiny_Rock
what is the cut & clarity??

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi There,
ACA''s are certainly stunning diamonds, but not, in my opinion, for someone on a snug budget. Perhaps an ES stone would be less money or have them find one not in their inventory. Thats what Tracy did for my friend, & the stone checked out really well. He bought it. It was much lower in price than I would have thought & for sure thought something was wrong with it, but as it turns out, there isnt & Martin got himself a nice .78 SI-1, I for a very good price. Don''t be shy either about politely asking any vendor if they can discount anymore off a stone. Sometimes they can & every little bit helps. :)

As for custom settings from WF, I dont see too many issues on PS regarding shoddy work. On a rare occasion something gets missed, they seem to step up to the plate to fix whatever it is to make the customer happy & comfortable with their purchase. In fact, all vendors here will do that. :)

If you''re set on that stone, & you want it, by all means get it. :)

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results