shape
carat
color
clarity

First 1/2 Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I just was so thrilled with myself that i completed my first 1/2 marathon in 2 hr 9mins. My goal was 2 hours but i had no idea where to place myself according to pace times, so for the first 1/2 mile or so it was just a fast walk pretty much. I am addicted to running and am glad i found my way back to it. Now i am going to purchase a road bike pretty quick and start doing some triathalons. I realized that i enjoy training for things... not so much working out just for fun. I stay much more motivated by that!

Thanks for letting me share my enjoyment!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, great accomplishment
36.gif
36.gif
You should be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That''s so awesome!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I would be over the moon if I had accomplished the same
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
wow- that''s a great achievement.

congrats!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, that is such a thrilling achievement!
36.gif
You should be tremendously proud, it takes a lot of training to do that!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
From one runner to another - CONGRATS! I know how challenging half-marathons are to train for and finish, you should be so proud! Keep it up!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! We were just talking about he half marathon at my step class tonight (our city has one on Sunday) and all I could think was how I''m not sure I could ever do that!! What an accomplishment!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I did my first half last summer and it was such a great feeling of accomplishment!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! I don''t know if I will ever get the urge to do a full marathon
emwink.gif
but it was quite a good feeling! I ran the Oklahoma Memorial 1/2 and it was just a great over all experience! I was almost emotional when I was done. I am from Wisconsin so running in a warmer climate (we arent quite that warm yet) was a bit challenging.

Next goal is to do the race around the lake a 90 mile bike race around Lake Winnebago and then the Devils Challenge Triathalon at Devils Lake! Anyone live in Wisconsin care to join me???? Come on ladies!

If you put your mind to it, you can do anything!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations beanie! That IS a major accomplishment!!!
36.gif

I''m working on a 5K right now. But eventually, I want to go for the 1/2 marathon. It''s no easy feat!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:05:01 AM
Author: beanie

I''ve heard from numerous people that a marathon is just as much psychological as it is physical. I''m sure you have to keep a good mind-set for sure.

Even when I''m running the few miles I do run, it''s a lot easier when I''m not thinking of how much farther I''ve got left!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
What a great time! Congrats!

I am currently training for a 1/2 this summer and then the big one in boston next year. My boyfriend ran this year''s boston in 3:35 so if you ever have any questions about racing or running, PM me anytime and I''ll relay the question to him!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 12:38:35 PM
Author: BeachRunner

Date: 5/1/2009 11:05:01 AM

I''ve heard from numerous people that a marathon is just as much psychological as it is physical. I''m sure you have to keep a good mind-set for sure.

Even when I''m running the few miles I do run, it''s a lot easier when I''m not thinking of how much farther I''ve got left!
I think the hardest part of the marathon is the psychological aspect. Since you don''t train the whole race distance there comes a point when it''s just super tired you and 6+ miles to go. Not very fun if you''re not in great shape physically and psychologically. I had one marathon where I was mentally miserable from about mile 6 on, I really thought the race would never end. Of course it ended up being my slowest time. My next marathon 3 months later I was feeling mentally strong almost the entire time (we all have moments of weekness!) and ran 25 minutes faster, which was an 11 minute PR for me.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
thanks Fashion, i will certainly keep that in mind! also good luck with your training and race!

I have heard that about the full marathons, and being mentally prepared is very important. I have been thinking more about it and while i don''t think I will try it for this year, maybe a goal of mine for next year. Your example Dee was great! you just have to keep pushing :)

Good news is i havent become "lazy" in my training and i am still running and getting out there!

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, 13 miles is no cakewalk. Full marathon next!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s brilliant! Congratulations on your marathon!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME accomplishment - sounds like you are having an amazing time with fitness!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I agree, working towards a challenge, whether it be a triathlon or a half marathon, iron man or even marathon... it is working towards a goal. It is a HUGE motivator. That race is coming on XX-XX-XXXX no matter what, so you''d better get out the door and run, bike or swim!
It is much easier to stay on the couch and complain about the whether, or not feeling well when it is JUST to burn some calories. Heck, you can always eat less, right? HA! I am super stoked about your accomplishment, and you should be really proud! Congrats!
Triathlon too! My DH loves tris. He loves that it is a little of everything... and has been contemplating the Iron Man - which is a LOT of EVERYTHING. For that... I think I''ve married a mad man. So, you just never know where all this training will take you.

Again, Congratulations! That is really awesome!
36.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I am having a good time with my "training"

It looks like i will be sticking to running because it is free! My SO lost his job yesterday
emsad.gif
My plans of doing a trialthon this year is just going to be put on hold, spending extra cash right now isn''t the best idea. Perhaps I will be reporting this fall that I completed my first full marathon! You just never know!

It is a wonderful day here in Wisconsin so i am going for a 6 mile run tonight! Keep on truckin!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 3:46:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I am having a good time with my ''training''

It looks like i will be sticking to running because it is free! My SO lost his job yesterday
emsad.gif
My plans of doing a trialthon this year is just going to be put on hold, spending extra cash right now isn''t the best idea. Perhaps I will be reporting this fall that I completed my first full marathon! You just never know!

It is a wonderful day here in Wisconsin so i am going for a 6 mile run tonight! Keep on truckin!
Im sorry to read about your SO. But there is always tomorrow for the triathlon. Me, I love running and swimming... not so much on the biking. But if you know you like the running and the training... why not set your sights on a 5k around the corner. (Often times those are really cheap, and sometimes free to spread the word about a charity) or even a 10k. My favorite 10ks are the turkey trots!

Way to keep your motivation though. You have the right attitude. Keep on truckin''! Whoo Whoo! (Immatating the sound the car horn thingy makes.)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, I''m a runner too and there''s nothing like that high
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results