shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater "snowflake" topaz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought Gary''s snowflake topaz as he referred to it. It''s 14.1 x 14.1 x 9.5mm and 12.89 cts. I think it will be a pendant or perhaps a ring for my husband since he admired it. Although perhaps it is too deep for a ring. Anyway, I think it looks like a neat stone and I''m looking forward to seeing it.

snowflaketopaz.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a very wintery, icy appeal to it. Did you ever see the snowflake topaz that Gene cut for a customer. Look on his jewelry page. It was also very large and she had it set in a custom Knox jeweler''s rhapsody setting. Work of art really.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous Cind11! I love the cut.
30.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
oooh i''m so glad a PSer bought this stone. I can''t wait to see pics.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love these cuts! And this one looks delicious, very wintry and icy.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is gorgeous
30.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very unique.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, it''ll make a gorgeous pendant.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love the creative cut and the color is perfect!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
14mm would make one heck of a great pendant!
36.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the depth is going to be problematic for a ring setting. It''s going to have great presence in a pendant though. It reminds me of Richard Homer''s blue topaz snowflake, although that one is concave faceted with more details.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 2:25:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It has a very wintery, icy appeal to it. Did you ever see the snowflake topaz that Gene cut for a customer. Look on his jewelry page. It was also very large and she had it set in a custom Knox jeweler''s rhapsody setting. Work of art really.
I have seen that ring on his site but had forgotten about That stone looks really neat in that setting.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Brandy, redfaerythinker, MonkeyPie, D%T, oddoneout, LovingGems, Largosmom and Arcadian.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 9:44:55 PM
Author: Chrono
Yes, the depth is going to be problematic for a ring setting. It''s going to have great presence in a pendant though. It reminds me of Richard Homer''s blue topaz snowflake, although that one is concave faceted with more details.
It is reminiscent of Richard Homer''s blue topaz snowflake. I like the price of this one a bit better,
28.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It would indeed be large for a ring, even a men''s ring (but you can set it in a bracelet of some sort for your hubby
9.gif
). Anyway, pendant seems like the most obvious choice, cause it would be difficult to set it in something like a bezel or a flush setting, which are more common in men''s jewellery (would be a problem due to shape). This way you can have it in something understated, delicate, white, icy, diamondmeleeish...
9.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Perfect for Christmas time!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone. I think it would make an amazing pendant, and you can also use it as a classy Christmas tree ornament.
9.gif
At least, that''s what I thought when I saw Richard Homer''s topaz snowflakes. I wanted a whole set for my tree.

In any case, you have probably seen T Lee''s version of a snowflake pendant using a Richard Homer topaz, but just in case, it is here under her Custom work. T Lee

Looking forward to more pictures.

TLeeC_00008.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Ma re, yes I think it will probably be a pendant. My hubby might have to find something else he likes. Thanks kribbie.

Fly Girl, I have seen TLee''s pendant but thanks for showing me again. I do really like that setting. I also like a setting that Ocean Pearlman (via Wink) did for someone quite some time ago. I think it had a pink tourmaline in it. Hopefully, I''ll get around to setting this while it is still winter.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Cind, that looks beautiful. And it will make a great pendant size (speaking as one who recently had a a 15mm pendant made).

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lori

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too bad it is too deep for a ring, I would love to see a man rock that on his hand! I look forward to seeing your pics and hearing what you think when you see it.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AustenNut (I think it will be a good pendant size too!), princessplease, loriken and dreamer dachsie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results