shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding the perfect settting for Sapphire ering!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Well she likes it and she wants more bling! I take this to mean she doesn't like halos but is happy with diamond bands and accents. However what you've linked to always presents a problem for me in that diamonds on the sides of the band will always rub against the ring next to it - i.e. wedding band and eventually one or the other will be damaged/worn away. Maybe others with experience of this will chime in.

As an alternative what about a pretty diamond basket? This is one quick one I've found at http://www.luciecampbell.com/engagement-rings/All-Categories/All-Cuts/354--o20000-/. I know I've seen tons here but don't have the prodigious memory that many PSers of long standing seem to :)

Where are you getting the Legato? Can the jeweller make suggestions from stock they have? They can often just switch out the head (basket) for something else so it's not as big a deal as it might sound and you keep the lovely sweeping curve of the sides which is a big part of the Legato charm.

I'm only referring to the basket here - the prongs and the two support circles around the stone. Have a look through Leon Mege's Art of Platinum website or perhaps Whiteflash, I know they've both done diamond baskets.

Screen shot 2012-01-13 at 12.47.38 PM.png

naikii

Rough_Rock
That basket looks quite good, it seems more and more that tonnes of stones are important. I emailed her the picture of the Scaasi design this morning and her response was ‘very pretty, I like it a lot because of how the diamonds run all around’

What I personally like the look of is one of their rings called the Alessandra, it has a similar style to the Legato, and if they could pave the edges similar to the Vered, and perhaps the prongs, I think it would be the best of both worlds! Scassi is goingt o try and find some pictures they have done similar.

DimendScaasi_Alessandra.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! I just rechecked the Scaasi to see that it in fact has a very pretty diamond basket. However at this stage, I think I would be trotting girlfriend into another jeweller to try on a diamond three-sided WITH a wedding band to see just how much finger 'real estate' she has and how two rings feel on. Just a suggestion because it seems she wants more diamonds than she originally thought and you are now faced with finding something different :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results