shape
carat
color
clarity

Find me a blue-green tourmaline please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Fellow PSers,

A challenge for you!

Can any of you lovely people find me a 2 carat blue green tourmaline of any shape from a trusted online vendor?

Thanks, will post pic of any I end up buying!

31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want minty blue green, darker blue green, can you post an example of the color you''re looking for?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
sort of this color but more saturated

9.gif

thumb_21871.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful when buying blue/green tourmalines of that tone and color since they tend to "black out" in incandescent lighting. We''ll go looking around for you, but always ask the seller if the stone goes much darker in certain lighting.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
thanks tourmaline lover!

would love your recommendations about blue green stones with more flash as well!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That, for me, is a typical Indicolite colour but you''ll normally see more blue than green. Is that ok with you?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one you chose is a bit too grey for my taste as well. This is a decent blue green tourmaline, but it might be a tad bit too large for you, and although it's lighter in tone than the one you posted, it's more saturated in color and it's "open" which means it won't "black out" in certain lighting. Tell him you're a Pricescoper if you're interested in his material.

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7653

I also like seafoam green color as well, but those are more difficult to find.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 3:29:04 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
That, for me, is a typical Indicolite colour but you''ll normally see more blue than green. Is that ok with you?
Yup, looks more like an indicolite colour.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/8/2009 3:18:32 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Be careful when buying blue/green tourmalines of that tone and color since they tend to ''black out'' in incandescent lighting. We''ll go looking around for you, but always ask the seller if the stone goes much darker in certain lighting.
Yep, I have had a few surprises like that... *snif*

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh man, too bad you say online vendor. There is a jewelry store here selling a BEAUTIFUL blue green 2.5ct tourmaline. It from one direction it sparkles green, from the other a paraiba blue. It is going for 160$ and is completely eye clean.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
ok, more blue than green, but like a bit green too!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oooh tropicgal, i''m in the UK otherwise i''d be there like a shot!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Clearcutgems has a nice one. I ordered it, but I wanted much bluer. It was greener IRL than it looks here. I can't find my IRL pic, sorry! Its 2.06 carats.

ETA: ACK! Wrong gem! The one below is Finewater, and its too small for your requirements. Sorry, wasn't looking at thumbnails when I attached!

toogreentourm.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! Wrong gem! This is the right one!

clearcuttourmaline2.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty gem Novel! I''ve actually never checked out Clearcutgems.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys, i would snap up that dan stair gem if it was cleaner.

keep em coming please!

1.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see this guy at Gemrite? I know you're looking for more blue than green, but its lovely.

ETA: Vendor notes: The saturation of the stone medium and the color is vibrant. The color is a green with a touch of blue and the blue becoming more prevalent depending on the light source. The photo was taken with diffused incandescent light.

greenblueoctan1a.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a link to the rest of Dan''s tourms link

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
ATGGems has this guy below...I don''t know what your budget is, though. Its 2.45ct Med Light Bluish Green Oval Tourmaline according to the vendor. 2nd tourmaline page.

trm_245pt_oval_bluish-green.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gemline has some very nice indicolite right now. For example th stone below. Note that the stone appears to have been photographed at a slight angle. If you are interested I would ask for a head on shot, just to make sure it is not too dark.

gemline indicolite.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I hope I''m still allowed to add this one that I saw...

It''s an Afghan indicolite blue tourmaline 1.14cts HERE

Indi_tourm1.jpg

RockHuntin

Rough_Rock
I found an online listing of a vibrant blue-green (well, more blue) tourmaline; I don't know anything about the vendor (Gemline) because I'm still a novice at this. Here is a link to the tourmaline: 2.29ct Step Cut

In case you wanted anything over two carats, I found some blue-green tourmalines that vary in price, clarity, cuts, and carat weight. I don't know anything about these vendors either, so you'll have to do your due diligence on them. Here are the links to the listings:

5.4ct Portuguese Cut on Ebay

6.7ct Step Cut on Ebay

4.32ct Scissor Cut on Ebay

4.4ct Radiant Cut on Ebay (offered by Gemline) (more balanced green-blue hues)

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results