shape
carat
color
clarity

Finals Are Done!!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ladies!!! :wavey: :wavey:

I hope everyone who is in school survived their finals or good luck on your upcoming finals for those who aren't done yet!!!! I am officially done with 2/5 of my BSN nursing program!!! I can now also rejoin the world of pricescope (at least for the next 6 weeks)!

So an update on me:
I thought that SO might propose on Christmas, which for me personally is not what I want, but now I don't think he will. He did say it would be after the first of the year, but I wouldn't have to wait all the way until my birthday (April). The only thing now is I have NO idea what he is going to get me for Christmas. I am not good with surprises and normally I know what I am going to get (I know I am no fun to buy for). I have already done most of my shopping, now I just need to wrap them.

I hope everyone is having a good Christmas season so far!!! It doesn't quite feel like Christmas yet here in NOLA because I am still wearing shorts, but I love the holidays and hope it gets cold soon!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on being done! I'm not in school this semester, but Andrew is. He is done with everything except one final exam left for one course (scheduled for Tuesday). He graduates a week from tomorrow! SQUEE!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ughhhhh I have 11 days left till my semester is over...then I will be done 1/4 of my ASN! I will be transferring after for BSN (I had too many transfer credits and our state colleges give preference to incoming freshmen :sick: ) so this was the fastest way to get done, since its performance based and I have an extremely good GPA, I only had to apply once! :mrgreen:

Sooooo lucky that your semester is over tho! Im going through my ati book as we speak! i have 3 tests till freedom...test V, ATI test and a final! andddd 2 more days of clinical next week. We can complain about care plans together hehe :praise:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congrats!! Yay!

I'll be done next week. Well, I could be done today if I wanted (decided to take my last uni class online instead), but I'm feeling unmotivated.

BUT THEN I WILL HAVE MY DEGREE

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
audball|1354925293|3325868 said:
Congrats on being done! I'm not in school this semester, but Andrew is. He is done with everything except one final exam left for one course (scheduled for Tuesday). He graduates a week from tomorrow! SQUEE!

Congrats to Andrew!!! I hope he surprises you with what you want for X-mas!!!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1354926007|3325872 said:
Ughhhhh I have 11 days left till my semester is over...then I will be done 1/4 of my ASN! I will be transferring after for BSN (I had too many transfer credits and our state colleges give preference to incoming freshmen :sick: ) so this was the fastest way to get done, since its performance based and I have an extremely good GPA, I only had to apply once! :mrgreen:

Sooooo lucky that your semester is over tho! Im going through my ati book as we speak! i have 3 tests till freedom...test V, ATI test and a final! andddd 2 more days of clinical next week. We can complain about care plans together hehe :praise:

OMG I hate ATI!!!!!!! We drop a whole letter grade in clinical if we do not get a level 2 at least and I think later in out program it is a level 3!!! Good Luck on your finals coming up! You will rock them!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
cygnet|1354926126|3325874 said:
Congrats!! Yay!

I'll be done next week. Well, I could be done today if I wanted (decided to take my last uni class online instead), but I'm feeling unmotivated.

BUT THEN I WILL HAVE MY DEGREE

Congrats on almost being done! :appl: :appl: :appl: I have decided that the last final is always the hardest and the one that you have the least motivation to study for!! I cannot wait until this time next year to be able to say I am done with this degree!!!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Schafenm|1354926918|3325882 said:

OMG I hate ATI!!!!!!! We drop a whole letter grade in clinical if we do not get a level 2 at least and I think later in out program it is a level 3!!! Good Luck on your finals coming up! You will rock them!

OH WOW!!! That is SCARY! We have 6 nursing schools in my state and my school has been the top one for years. We have over 93% pass rate for NCLEX. That being said, my ATI is NOT stressful....I don't want to make you jealous or anything, but if we get proficiency level 2 OR 3 we get 3 points added to our FINAL average! If your average is under a 75, you get no points no matter how well you do. If you get a proficiency of 1 then no harm, no foul...nothing happens to your grade! Soooo I am very thankful for that!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay ladies! I was done on Tuesday. I seriously cannot WAIT to kick back! The last few days have been spent cleaning up the mess I made during the quarter :oops: I hadn't put laundry away in over a month! I just washed what I needed, and picked clothes out of a darn hamper. :oops: :oops: My room is sparkling clean now, and SO helped me hang up more art and decorations that I have postponed putting up for over a year. My room is more "home" now :))

How many weeks do you all have off? I have until Jan 7th.. so that's 4 whole whopping weeks of freedom! I'm so so happy. I have needed this. Damned summer break was only half a week for me 8) .

Any plans for your time off? I have officially decided I will not be picking up extra shifts at work just because I am not in school. In fact, I'm sticking on a 8 hour/week schedule for now. I want to spend time with family and friends. It's been too darn long since I have had the time to do that.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm off from dec 18-jan 22 - but I'm not really "off" because I have to start my syllabi for next semester and I still work 40 hours a week...so I feel like I'm "off" because I'm not soing my usual 16 hour as! ;( We also have a dosage exam every semester that we have to pass with a 90 or better or we can fail the course! ( we have 3 chances tho throughout the semester). I passed on the first try this semester!

I plan on going into Boston and having a romantic date night with my lovey. Hit up our fave Italian restaurant in the north end, dessert, shopping during the day! We are going to try to do a day trip to NYC too. Summer break will be more fun for me. I have concerts in July and aug and we are heading to universal in may! :mrgreen:

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
OMG I love Universal! The Harry Potter section is amazing!! I kind of love HP (I'm a total nerd :read: :read: ) I cannot wait until next December, I am going Disney for a graduation present from SO. I am in an accelerated BSN program for people who already have a bachelors so this is the only break I have in my whole program... I am going to soak it up because next year will be insane!

My break is from now until mid Jan, I can't think of the exact date. I won't be doing much, but I am going to Kansas City for a week to visit some friends from when I used to live there. I will just be trying to catch up with friends and family that I have not had time for since May.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1354928243|3325901 said:
Schafenm|1354926918|3325882 said:

OH WOW!!! That is SCARY! We have 6 nursing schools in my state and my school has been the top one for years. We have over 93% pass rate for NCLEX. That being said, my ATI is NOT stressful....I don't want to make you jealous or anything, but if we get proficiency level 2 OR 3 we get 3 points added to our FINAL average! If your average is under a 75, you get no points no matter how well you do. If you get a proficiency of 1 then no harm, no foul...nothing happens to your grade! Soooo I am very thankful for that!

Okay I am officially jealous!!! I think ATI is the devil. Our school is regarded as one of the best programs in the state but I just don't think their rules for the ATI is fair. Oh well, what are you going to do about it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay for everyone who is done with finals, good luck for everyone who is coming up on them!!!

Lucky me, I didn't have classes this year so no finals for me!! This is my month off so my winter break runs from Dec 1 to Dec 31 (or whenever my next rotation decides to start)....longest winter break I have ever and will ever have! :bigsmile:

Lady5

Rough_Rock
I'm one presentation and one paper away from the end of my semester next week! Then only one semester left! ahh! :appl:

I'm supposed to be working on my paper right now. Pricescope is such a good distraction though! :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Schafenm|1354926739|3325880 said:
audball|1354925293|3325868 said:

Congrats to Andrew!!! I hope he surprises you with what you want for X-mas!!!
Thanks!! SOO excited!! Enjoy your break!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**********DUST*********** for everyone's remaining papers, projects and finals, including our Mr. LIW's! :appl:

Ya'll lost me in this convo at the acronyms. Hah. :twirl: Brain is officially off for winter break.

advokait

Rough_Rock
Mine start tomorrow at 8am, with one following at 1pm and then I'm done after my final final at 10:30am on Tuesaday. I've got some other assignments and whatnot that are due by midnight on Wednesday but all I can think is that in appx 36 hours I will be done for a month. :appl: I have had senioritis so bad lately. 8-) :|

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results