shape
carat
color
clarity

finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
thanks to all who helped us through the search process. we went this weekend to look. to all located in new jersey, steer clear of bentley diamond! we have the worst experience.

first, i need to say they did come recommended by a good friend. we got there (after had made an appt 2 weeks'' prior) and they only had 2 asschers, and 1 was sold! they knew what we were there for. plus, they insisted on "educating" us (even though the salesman never heard of a royal asscher, and the receptionist acted like she knew what we were talkig about ("yes, that''s a really old cut, from the 15th century"). after listening to a useless lecture and insisting i need to look at the stone, that the specs aren''t just enough, he brought out the stones. the salesman even used the line "i have to talk the owner"!

so, we left. quickly!

we went to another store. a good friend of my brother''s. we bought! 3 stones...center=.75 and the sides=.5. they are beautiful! e color, vs1. and lots of sparkle. to the eye, and based on the size, they look perfect to me!

after all the research i expected to travel high and low, but from our first harrowing experience, we were "done". going to neves jewelers was a dream. they were nice and no pressure.

i can''t wait to see the ring complete! i am so excited! although, my honey is way more excited than i am. he was so cute through this whole thing. he had to get me the best. i am a lucky girl with a great guy (and soon, a great ring)!!!

p.s. i''ll post pics soon!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
Can''t wait to see your pictures!!!!
Sounds like that first store was a nightmare...I would have been ''done'' after that too. Glad you had a pleasant experience at the next store. Shopping for a diamond is stressful enough without added pressures from the store
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, can''t wait to see it.
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. That is so cool. the other day I was at a jewelry store and they had a three stone asscher ring set in bezels with rounds running down the shank 3/4.

It was gorgeous.

shay

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
the stones were so pretty. i know they''ll look beautiful together.

everybody here was so wonderful helping me! i can''t believe what a great bunch of people are on this site. it''s a rare thing (even rarer than a falwless royal asscher!
2.gif
)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s wonderful..can''t wait for the pictures when it''s done
1.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your (eventual) success!!! Can''t wait to see pictures!

I live right down the street from Bentley and have had an odd experience there myself (though the asscher they showed me that day was stunning...). I am curious about where you eventually ended up going and having such a positive experience? We always like to here about great B&M stores around here. And I personally would love to know, as I have had a tough time finding a jeweler in area that I feel comfortable with! Thanks!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sounds gorgeous! pics?!?!
3.gif

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
i can''t wait to post pics, but i don''t have the ring yet. it won''t be ready for about 10 days... just in time for him to go to san diego on business! ugh! the waiting!!

fatafelice - i went to neves jewelers in shrewsbury (at the grove). he''s a friend of my brother''s. really nice place, really nice people. i''d love to hear your bentley story. they were very high pressure. btw - where do you live? so close to myself!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Dottcomm: Good to know! I''ve never been in there, but I''ll have to go check them out. I live in Belmar, so Bentley is right around the corner. I actually sort of have two stories, if you''re interested. Sorry for anyone else who might find it boring! (esp. since I think I posted about this before)

1st Visit: It was about a year ago. My BF and I went in on a Saturday and couldn''t get any service. I know it was busy, but people who came in after us were being helped and we were still standing there like idiots. We get that kind of treatment around here a lot. People assume that since we are young, our business must not be worth anything.
20.gif

2nd Visit: A couple of weeks ago, I thought I would try again on my own -- I can''t talk my BF into going back there. A man started talking to me right away, but it was a weekday afternoon, and they weren''t busy. It turns out it was the owner...Well, I explained what I was looking for, an old-cut cushion. He told me that they don''t carry any and explained (sort of) how they are cutters etc, etc, they cut modern stones for performance. I said I like the charm of old mine stones...He then proceeded to disagree with me and insist that old mine stones are round, not cushion shaped. This continued until he went and got a book out of his office and found a diagram of an old mine stone... "Oh, well, I guess if you mean the girdle can have a square outline/shape..."
20.gif
Yeah, that''s what I was saying.

Anyway, he did bring out a couple of stones for me to look at...A modern cushion and an asscher they had cut there, both beautiful, I have to admit. He also showed me a great OEC they had received, really gorgeous and a nice price, I just wasn''t looking to buy that day. He said that he usually recuts old stones like that when they get them in...
23.gif

I have to say that he wasn''t very high pressure, I just got a weird vibe. But he did give me his card, etc and tell me to make an appt. with him in the future. He did also try to blow some smoke up my a$$ by asking if I was in the "business" because I seemed so "knowledgable." Whatever...I''m not sure I will go back for my e-ring, but I wouldn''t rule them out completely. I have a coworker who had a good experience with them. I guess I''m just not quite clear on exactly how they opperate. He seemed to give the impression that they bring in rough and custom cut your stone...but that seems odd to me.

What spiel did they give you?
31.gif

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
fatafelice - regarding your forst statement, i understand what you''re saying. i''m 39, but look 29. people around here don''t want to help you if you look young and "poor".

my story was more like buying a used car. the salesman gave me the same crap, "you''re so "knowledgable". all he wanted to do was give me his pitch on how to buy a diamond. all i wanted to do was look!

there are so many better places. the people on this site offer so much good advice, including great places to shop. i stick with their advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results