shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally the.....Pear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawarrick

Rough_Rock
WOW, what a ring.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone,

I had a 2.02 Radiant before in a wide thick band........ ALA..... Lynn B's first set that I think WOOBUG has now. There's a bad picture of my old set somewhere on this site.

After learning and looking at this very informative site I just fell in love with the thinner type bands........ALA.......Mara's rings, Lynn B's new set, Lady Luv's Luxury's milligrained set, and all the eternity style bands I've seen here.

So thanks Mara, Lynn B, and LLL for your inspiration rings
30.gif
I hope you guys didn't mind me "stealing/borrowing" your styles. I even had someone photoshop a pear on Mara's set. (The mock up picture is here somewhere.)

Oh, I forgot to thank Belle too she always answer my questions no matter how dumb they were!

I am so amazed how much bigger and sparkly the pear looks compared to my old Radiant I am in love with this set
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YMA, your pair is gorgeous and I LOVE the setting and the band!

I think you''re one of my fellow Chicagoans; did you by any chance get your stone and setting locally? (Sorry if I missed the info on this in any earlier thread... )

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Dee Jay,

I did have it set locally and probably did a pricescope NO NO in the process !

After looking and trying to convince my husband to get a stone from one of the internet vendors to no avail (he is so ole school it not even funny).............my husband saw the late night Jewelry Exchange commercial and said let's try that place.............after looking at him like he was a alien and huffing I agreed. Really just to prove him wrong :)

I printed off some pears from the website of a couple of pricescope venders(to show internet prices & what expected in a stone) after arming myself with pricescope knowledge & arrogance I started the Jewelry Exchange trek.

I looked on the wesite and had them fax me the reports and get the numbers of some stones that looked promising, I then used the Gem Appaisers site weed out the duds and to get classes ie 1a, 1b etc. I called and told them which ones to keep or order for me to look and I went in. I admit it wasn't easy having someone...the headquarters gem expert get all or so they said humpf......get all the numbers I needed to check Gem Appraisers.

I was a little skeptical and leery especially after all the knowlegde I gained and things I read about them here.

I went in and they pointed me to the "senior" sales guy, I got the impression they had talked about how to handle me before I got there(the lady with all the questions and knowledge). The sales guy was very knowledge and he answered all my questions with the "right" answers too. I was dumbfounded he actually knew what he was talking about, so after looking and comparing stones I picked the pear and the 18k white gold setting and the rest is history.

So I guess the moral of the story is..........if you know what to look for and you do your research you can actually find something "GOOD & WORTHWHILE" at a B&M store. I know it's not for everyone but in this case it worked me.

So once again thanks to everyone that answered all my questions and unknowingly helped me get my lovely pear!!

Sorry for the long post, but I felt I to "EXPLAIN" my sacrilege Jewelry Exchange purchase.
17.gif

YMA

Shiny_Rock
After having my ring for a few days I am thinking about changing it to a halo style, I have 30 days to change the setting.

Do you think a 2.37 will look good in a halo or will it be overkill??

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I like it the way it is.
9.gif

But YOU are the one wearing it.

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Hi YMA -

Are you experiencing DSS already? I like your ring the way it is. But, it is completely up to you and what You like. Since you have the 30 days to change the setting, it won''t hurt to look around.

I am in love
30.gif
with Bravesfan''s setting. It is to die for!!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!!!!

YMA

Shiny_Rock
SSSSHHHHHHHHH............I am ashamed to say it but...yes I am having DSS!

Don''t tell anyone
emsmile.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YMA, sounds like you did an awesome job with your research! Kudos on a gorgeous ring
35.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 7:12:02 PM
Author: YMA
After having my ring for a few days I am thinking about changing it to a halo style, I have 30 days to change the setting.

Do you think a 2.37 will look good in a halo or will it be overkill??
Now, I love a halo...but I think your set looks fantastic, as is. Good luck deciding!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you follow football or not...as in the team from Chicago. They have a way of pronouncing the mascot...so when I saw this honker...I automatically pronounced it as....

DKS

"DA PEAR!!!"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YMA, your rings are stunningly beautiful. I''m impressed you did your homework and went forward with the Jewelry Exchange and were successful. I think it is important to note that you can have success at a B&M, you just need to go in informed and prepared as you were. Good job!!! And congrats!!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2007 2:45:04 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
I don''t know if you follow football or not...as in the team from Chicago. They have a way of pronouncing the mascot...so when I saw this honker...I automatically pronounced it as....

DKS

''DA PEAR!!!''

LOL!
9.gif
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t change a thing;this set is fantastic!! But, you are the lucky lady who gets to wear it so you have to do what will make you happiest!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''ve always had a deep down love of pears..........and you just SEALED THE DEAL! But I''m only a lover of BIG pears, LIKE YOURS!!!!!! Maybe some day I can afford a HUGE pear.... I LOVE your rings!!!!!!! The length to width on that puppy is P*E*R*F*E*C*T IMO! WOW, I wouldn''t change a THING about your set. I LOVE it! Good job!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
......I did want to add that I think having the head changed to lower the stone a bit is a great idea.
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant!
36.gif

YMA

Shiny_Rock
That is hilarious!!!!

Da Diamond, Da Stone, Da PEAR!

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Thank''s everyone for the nice words of praise, it makes you feel good when someone loves looking at your ring as much as you do.

I love the length to width as well, I don''t really care for the long skinny pears.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I just love your ring.. it''s amazing!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful YMA! I love the outdoors picture!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow...that is one perfectly proportioned pear!
3.gif
what a great shape she has! well done yma!
36.gif
the setting is just beautiful! very, very classy. congratulations...i am so very happy for you!

enjoy your new ring and wear it in good health
2.gif

btw...there are never any dumb questions. it was my pleasure.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results