shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some (semi) decent pics of my diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Your sone is GORGEOUS, Gypsy....I love your jewelry collection too....
30.gif
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow Gypsy, you have a lovely collection. My favorite is your pearl pendant. It goes just perfectly on the ball chain
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I know you are in the process of getting a new setting, but I really like your old one! I do, I find it makes the stone look bigger then a 1 carat asscher. A the stone is awesome, stunning.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
LOVE that stone and the setting! The bracelet from your mom is stunning as well...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow gypsy, you''ve got quite the collection going on. I love seeing the pics of your ring too but I''ll admit, I can''t wait to see pics once you get it reset..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 8:45:38 AM
Author: mrssalvo
wow gypsy, you''ve got quite the collection going on. I love seeing the pics of your ring too but I''ll admit, I can''t wait to see pics once you get it reset..

Me too! I think of this as the ''before'' thread... can''t wait for the after!

You know what I realized when I was photographing this stuff... sifting through my box to pic things I wanted to post. I have never bought a nice piece of jewelry for myself. All of my stuff has been gifts purchased. SO I''m REALLY looking forward to this setting because it will be MINE. I mean, okay our finances are merged, but still... this is going to be the first peice I really just buy myself. Can''t wait.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the compliments everyone. I really love the pearl pendant too, it''s very versatile and I get a TON of wear out of it. The chain is just right for it... and it took me a while to find it-- even then I had to special order it (Brick NJ is not the hotbed of the jewelry trade). The chain the pendant came with did nothing for it... so I gave it away.

Ally, Thank you honey...I''m much happier about the setting since the re-plate. It will tide me over for a while.
2.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring! I forgot what it looked like...Are you sure you want to re set it?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!
That RHR looks very unique... I like it
21.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A beautiful asscher Gypsy. It''s gorgeous! I also love that RHR - what are the sides made out of, besides yg?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 12:41:19 PM
Author: FireGoddess
A beautiful asscher Gypsy. It's gorgeous! I also love that RHR - what are the sides made out of, besides yg?
Onyx and Mother of Pearl FG. I wear a TON of Black and white or black and winter-white so I love the ring for subtle work jewelry. What do you think about making the metal white?

HI Surfgirl, Yes, I'm sure.
2.gif
It's looking pretty good for itself though. Mainly I want a metal that doesn't need re-plating. Even if I decided to keep the look I would get a platinum solitare instead of this one.
21.gif

Thank you PoshPepper!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So basically the bezel around the onyx sides and the top gold area would be plated white? I think that would still be beautiful. At first I couldn't tell the sides were onyx, I thought they were solid yg. If that were the case, I'd say don't plate it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 12:05:04 AM
Author: decodelighted
Oh JOY!!!
36.gif

Just HOW long have we been waiting for these, lady!!!??
3.gif
Anyhoo -- your stone & ring are just so pretty! And clean & bold & striking!

IMHO it suits you ... yanno?? Whatever you decide to do in the future/or not do -- just as it is right now is VERY VERY NICE & fitting.

FWIW ... sometimes very delicate or dainty rings don''t look ''right'' on more substantial hands. And I don''t mean your hands are big or padded (yeesh, like my own!) -- they''re lean, strong & sturdy. Something like my own -- that swoops up in but stays as substantial as your hands might actually do the trick for the overall look ... rather than the big rock or big halo on a dainty band. HOWEVER -- I can see now how AWESOME that halo on a clean 2.5 mm band could look. Sturdy ''enough'' band -- clean, modern, polished look with a smattering of beefy bling.
18.gif
Now I really feel like I''m not making any sense! HA!

Oh -- the other pieces are fun too! Yay for photos!!!
I agree. The setting was really in poor shape and I think that greatly contributed to my disdain. For now... it''s okay.

As for the hands. When I''m thinner... my finger size is a 4.75. SO I''m also thinking that it''s a good thing I''m waiting for a while as I''m on a long term diet plan and HOPEFULLY some of my finger pudge will go away in about 6 months. That would be lovely as it would make my stone look bigger for free!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... only the bezels are gold. Rest is stone. I think I''m going to go for it. It''s some designer piece (have no idea which designer I got it 5 years ago) so I was a little worried about changing it. But it makes it more wearable for me... I think I''m going to do it.

Where do you get your jewelry worked on around here? I''ve been going to Joe Escrobar and have been pleased with the service and quality. I''ll probably have them do this for me if I get down there in the next couple of weeks. Not likely though. My grandmother is have a minor surgery next week and my mother a super MAJOR one in SF. So my time is gong to be very limited.

Still, I''ll be in SF for the GTG next weekend.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Gypsy! I simply adore your Asscher, and that setting is phenomenal!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy!

I don''t know if I''ve ever seen your asscher before, but your ring is gorgeous as is! I LOVE the Lucida-type setting. I think it looks great on your hand, too - much bigger than a carat!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I could get lost in the beautiful depths of your asscher! There is just something so classic and elegant about that stone. Your other pieces are also very lovely and special. Thanks for sharing.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 10:54:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
A full handshot to give you an idea of spread on my size 6 fingers and on my hands
gypsy - after seeing these much better pictures, I really don''t see what the hurry to reset it is!!! It looks great on you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 4:43:18 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/11/2007 10:54:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
A full handshot to give you an idea of spread on my size 6 fingers and on my hands
gypsy - after seeing these much better pictures, I really don''t see what the hurry to reset it is!!! It looks great on you!

LOL. DSS has set in honey. Actually it set in quite a number of years ago.
2.gif

Thank you Lauren, Vesper and Sundial!
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I''ve gone soooo long hearing about your reset without every seeing your ring!! It''s beautiful!!!! I really love the pattern of your asscher. I love your other pieces as well, especially the diamond pearl pendant. It looks expensive and classy!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2007 9:02:48 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Gypsy, I''ve gone soooo long hearing about your reset without every seeing your ring!! It''s beautiful!!!! I really love the pattern of your asscher. I love your other pieces as well, especially the diamond pearl pendant. It looks expensive and classy!!!
LOL. Well here it is! And thank you for the compliments! I do love that pendant very much. Next to my e-ring and my pearl studs, it is probably my most worn piece of jewelry. He did very well, I admit!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful! And about time!!

I would do *nothing* to that stone, especially not a halo. It doesn''t need it. The only thing I might consider is if you ever feel like re-doing the band it plat to save you the hassle of plating.

Beautiful hands!

I love that ruby ring. Wouldn''t re-plate the YG one, it wouldn''t look quite right I think although I would have to see some more photos. And boy did John do a good job on that pendant!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty collection you have Gypsy - and also very unique. I love your asscher and though I like the way the current setting looks I''ll be eagerly awaiting your next incarnation of it. That pearl necklace is cooool!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy! How fun! Thank you for sharing those photos of your jewelry with us!

And your asscher is simply STUNNING. I LOVE IT! It looks like it goes on forever!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

(LOVELY hands, BTW!)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning (this is the 1st time I''ve seen it!) as are your other pieces. I''m not sure I''d plate that RHR, I think it''s unique and lovely. That necklace John bought you is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for sharing, Gypsy!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gypsy, it''s stunning!!!! I love the bracelet too!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU ALL!!!

I really appreciate the compliments! You are all so nice. I do like the pieces I''ve posted here very much as they have a special sentimental meaning for me.

And it''s always nice to hear folks who really KNOW what asschers are complimenting my asscher!
21.gif

Kats

Rough_Rock
I love your asscher, I think it suits your hand very well - it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results