shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally received my spinel from Dan :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I will have pictures up within a few minutes :)

Stats:

WEIGHT: .79 Cts.
CUT: Modified Round Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 5.77 mm
ORIGIN: Tanzania
COLOR: Medium Blue to Blue-Purple
CLARITY: Very Good (Eye Clean)

If you have any setting ideas for it I''d love to hear them/see them!

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Sorry guys, I keep getting an error message when I insert the link code from Photobucket. Hopefully I'm not doing something wrong.

edit: I see in the announcements that some people are having posting errors. I must be part of that. I guess I will try a little later.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello,

As it states in the PS policies we don't allow links to outside photo hosting websites like photobucket, flickr, etc. This is why you cannot post your images. This is to help protect privacy and reduce the number of broken links on the forums.

I suggest reading this thread which will help you upload the pictures directly to the forums:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Hope this isn''t too small

th_IMG_0904.jpg

aggal06

Shiny_Rock

th_IMG_0905.jpg

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Inside

th_IMG_0893.jpg

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
another outdoor shot. It was snowing here in Texas today so there was no sun.

th_IMG_0903.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure it''s lovely but I can''t see a thing.
39.gif
You''ll need to crop the original picture (just showing the stone), then resize it as needed to stay under the 100KB max size limitation.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this will be better. I cropped it. Holy cow that's big.

img_0904 (Modified in Image Viewer).jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better; thank you. I can see the faceting and blue colour now.
1.gif

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Trying this one again as well. Hopefully it will turn out smaller than the other one I just cropped.

img_0905 (Modified in GIMP Image Editor).jpg

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Another outside.

img_0903modified.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 9:24:42 PM
Author: aggal06
Another outside.
Pretty! What are you thinking for the setting?

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Inside

img_0917new.jpg

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of setting it in a ring. I''ve been looking at the lotus ring threads on here and might be interested in that but if anyone else has any ideas, let me know!

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
This is a bad picture, but it looks like this color inside mostly.

img_0893 (Modified in GIMP Image Editor).jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it!

Laura

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Very nice!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 9:33:19 PM
Author: aggal06
I was thinking of setting it in a ring. I've been looking at the lotus ring threads on here and might be interested in that but if anyone else has any ideas, let me know!
A lotus would be very pretty! I love all of Freke's spinel rings, you could definitely look for inspiration there. I especially love the one by Patrick Irla. Patrick Irla on Etsy.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some of Freke''s spinel rings
3.gif

FrekesSpinels.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, especially the cut and I''m sure it''s got a lot of brilliance. That''s what I''d try to bring out as much as possible, so I''d go for something contemporary, geometric, something that''ll accentuate precision cutting and that steely blue color (in white metal). Hope this helps
1.gif

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Would something like this look good with it? split shank ring

Or would something with just a single shank look better? plain band
plain with bagets

I do kind of like this one. Probably because the band looks smaller and more dainty. My main worry is getting a band that is too wide for the stone since it is small. dainty diamond band

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I do like that flower ring that Freke has but I don''t think the yellow gold around the stone would look right with my spinel. I guess he can always make it in all white gold, but I think I didn''t see any like that on his etsy site.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Your first suggestion is a bit too classical in my opinion (but it''s just a personal preference), the second one is nice but a wider shank might bother you (although I think it could look lovely), the third one (with the baguettes) is my favorite and I think it meets all your criteria, and the last one is nice but I''d be worried with how the prongs were made (it might just be the photos, but some of them look weird).

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
The wife likes this one for her spinel. I think it''s Chialea''s Tacori setting.

BIGSAPPHIRE192.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful stone, beautifully cut and I like the color very much.

I think a lotus setting would be pretty andif you want that, that is what you should go with.

With a stone that nicely cut, you also go with the classic simplicity of a full or a half bezel, perhaps a brushed treatment to the bands itself. That would really feature your lovely, lovely spinel.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 10:04:22 AM
Author: hay joe
The wife likes this one for her spinel. I think it''s Chialea''s Tacori setting.
I like the setting. Could use it for one of my round stones but what is Chialea''s Tacori setting? I know what Tacori is ...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 11:20:31 AM
Author: crasru
I like the setting. Could use it for one of my round stones but what is Chialea''s Tacori setting? I know what Tacori is ...
Chialea is the owner of the Tacori ring in the picture.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and suggestions! I think I''m going to go with the baguette setting that I posted earlier. I think it would look good with the white gold and the baguettes to accent the stone a little. That and the band was narrower than the plain setting that I posted.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely stone!

For smaller stones, this is one of my favourite settings. In fact, I got one for my ruby (but I think I messed up on the size, but that is another thread). The tiny diamonds shimmer and really highlight the center stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results