shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! Pics of my little upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I posted earlier this week about my inability to contain my excitement over getting an upgraded center stone after 6 years of engagement. But here it is! I''m just getting the hang of this picture thing...maybe!

Specs (that I know of off hand)
.70 center, .1 each side in little stones
F
VVS2

Please enjoy the pics, and sorry if I post in excess!!

angringcloseup.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Side view!

angholdring.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Another!

angringside.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
On the hand!

angringhand.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, ang! Can''t wait to see more pictures!

Thanks for sharing!

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
I''d be one happy girl too! It''s just beautiful.

Aussiegem

Rough_Rock
Congratulations ang-that is a gorgeous stone. Wear it in good health
1.gif
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful, thank you for sharing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful...and I''d say you deserve it if you have been engaged for 6 years!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very very pretty. Good job!

What did you upgrade from??

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 10:38:12 AM
Author: gemgirl
It''s very very pretty. Good job!

What did you upgrade from??

We upgraded from a center stone of .4. I was happy with that, but my FI bought it when he was young so we thought a small upgrade would be appropriate!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yippee!! It is lovely. Congrats...and it looks perfect on your finger!!! More photos please!!!

DKS

PS...there is nothing little about that upgrade!! It is perfect!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! You must be thrilled!!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 1:41:16 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Yippee!! It is lovely. Congrats...and it looks perfect on your finger!!! More photos please!!!

DKS

PS...there is nothing little about that upgrade!! It is perfect!!

Aww, thank you so much DKS. Your comment almost brought tears to my eyes because my FI wanted to get at least a full carat for me and was a bit sad that he couldn''t. He told me he would rather get a perfect diamond from the jeweler that we are familiar with at .7 carats rather than a 1 carat from a mall jeweler (where he also looked) and have no clue what he was really getting.

Thank you.

17.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely Ang! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
Thanks for sharing your beauty!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Trying out the green plant pic!

I apologize for so many pictures, I''m just very excited!

ringongreenplant.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Last one.....for tonight
36.gif

ringoutsidepretty.JPG

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Very elegant. I love new rings!!!
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awh...I am glad my comment it pleased you. It was sincere.

You have a fella that wanted to get you the best...and understands the importance of cut quality before size. Your stone side by side to a mall stone would be more alive. It really does look much larger than .70!!!

Remember, carats are a measurement of weight, not diameter. This means a 2-carat diamond won''t look twice as big simply because it is twice as large, as a 1-carat when compared side-by-side–although it will look bigger.
Embrace that stone...and the giver
30.gif
!! Enjoy your new ring sweetie!!

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I wholeheartedly agree with DKS...your stone looks WAY bigger than a .70! Wear that baby proudly...it''s gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!

In the close-up pic I thought it was at least a carat. I think it looks plenty big on your small hands
36.gif
Congratulations!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 2:07:00 AM
Author: wolftress
It''s beautiful!!!

In the close-up pic I thought it was at least a carat. I think it looks plenty big on your small hands
36.gif
Congratulations!

Wolftress: Thank you so much for the kind words. Let me share with you what I did yesterday: So I mentioned in an earlier post that my FI wanted to get me a carat but the only one within our budget was one of poor quality at a mall store. So he went with a jeweler that we are familiar with and got a superb diamond at size .70.

Don''t get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but I was a bit, how do I say this, on the fence about not getting that one carat that I had been coveting for so long. So yesterday I went into said mall store and tried on the one carat next to my super sparkly 3/4 carat and my mind was put to rest. My stone was alive next to it, granted, a bit smaller, but more alive.

So thank you for your comment, it made me smile!

Ang
41.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
You two (you and DKS) are both right on the money. Those dingy, dead diamonds cut only for biggest face-up size that can often be found in mall stores positively wither beside well-cut stones cut for best beauty. Your new ring is beautiful...as is your excitement for it! (It also doesn''t hurt that you have such pretty manicured hands!)

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 8:16:11 AM
Author: 3shebabes
You two (you and DKS) are both right on the money. Those dingy, dead diamonds cut only for biggest face-up size that can often be found in mall stores positively wither beside well-cut stones cut for best beauty. Your new ring is beautiful...as is your excitement for it! (It also doesn''t hurt that you have such pretty manicured hands!)

Aww thank you! My FI and I were in a wedding this weekend so my nails were painted for that. Believe me, they don''t look like that all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results