shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally, My Tsavorite Ring

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi danny and welcome! Since you are resurrecting an old thread (3 years old) and I don't see her posting much any more, I would suggest you click next to her name where it says all "All User's Topics" and right below that: "All User's Posts." Click on All User's Topics and you can likely find a thread where she talks about the stone.

You have chosen one of the most beautiful tsavs on this board to use as your example so kudos to you. However, recently tsavorite garnet rough is getting harder to find and more and more costly. I suggest you reach out to Roger Dery, Peter Torraca and Lisa Elser, each of whom is an awesome cutter in their own right, but each of whom will soon be back from a buying trip to the source (East Africa). Tsavs like Yingh's are also the most coveted as hers appears to be medium in tone with extremely strong saturation and the much coveted ever so slightly bluish modifier. There are other places to search for them as well, like Swala Gem Traders , or Africa Gems. Good luck.

dannyb

Rough_Rock
Wow, thank you so much Minous! I knew it was a crapshoot that I would hear back from her, but this is some amazing advice from you. I'm goign to contact them right away. Thanks again!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're very welcome. Actually, you did me a favor by resurrecting one of my all time favorite stones and favorite rings so that I can enjoy them all over again. I love everything about this ring, especially the stone! Sigh...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results