shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally!! My e-ring pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Anchor ~
emrose.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

Your ring is so pretty!
face23.gif

I love how the shoulders taper up to meet the marquis on each side ... very romantic lines!
emlove.gif

Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful day!
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mrs Joy, your name suits you very well!
9.gif
I love how delicate, feminine and dainty my ring is... It''s very "me"!
30.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...your ring is beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Small!
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by jcrow, I tried to take some mirror shots. I got a few nice ones!

PhotoRoxane086-1.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
PhotoRoxane088.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
PhotoRoxane089.jpg

I''m wearing one of my FI''s comfy sweaters... lol

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
And a few sparkly shots... I just can''t stop taking pics of it!

PhotoRoxane091.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
PhotoRoxane092.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
PhotoRoxane093.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oooooooh, I am loving the new pictures Anchor!!! Your ring is soooooo gorgeous and I love how it looks so classic, yet those marquises are SO unique!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Keep posting pics!!!
9.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
It''s still so gorgeous Anchor! I love your e-w marquis sidestones...I''ve never seen that before! And, I''m partial to the 1/2 carat RBs!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 5:25:04 PM
Author: IrishAngel
And, I''m partial to the 1/2 carat RBs!
2.gif
Really? Do you have one? (pics please?
28.gif
)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
No, unfortunately.
8.gif
My e-ring will have a 1/2 rb because my bf''s parents told him he can use his grandmother''s diamond. Therefore, I have to be partial to that size.
2.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS FROM NEW ZEALAND!!!

Your proposal story brought tears to my eyes. How special it was for both of you! You look like such a radiant couple in the photograph and so lovely together.

As for the ring... it''s absolutely GORGEOUS. So beautiful on your hand too.

All the best for your future as husband and wife!

Love, GC xx

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Anchor, I can sense your excitement in your posts! Congrats! Your ring looks great! I love the marquise side stones.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you groovy chick and leila! It''s currently at the jeweller''s being resized (I settled on 4.5) and I miss it! I can''t wait to take more pics!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I realized I never posted to your thread. I just love your beautiful ring. It''s so sparkly and so white. The side stones are different. It really goes together well, and looks great on your hands. (you''ve got purdy hands) Congrats!

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! very similar to the one I''m going to get ! Who''s the designer of yours?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, gothgrrl! You''re very sweet.
5.gif
I love your ring too!

lucyh - Thank you! My ring was designed and custom made by a jeweller called Marcel André in Montréal. Who is yours? Do you have any clearer pictures of it? I''d love to see it!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful ring and engagement. Your ring looks just like the ring my friend described what she would like to have. I will have to send her a link to your ring. Have you decided what your band will look like?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, InLuvWithMrH! Do send your friend a link, I''m very flattered!
9.gif

Here is a picture of the original design by Marcel André, which shows the e-ring and the matching band. The original design has a .50ct center stone RB and two .10ct marquise sidestones, with two matching .10ct marquise stones for the w-band. My version of the ring has two .13ct sidestones; the w-band hasn''t been bought yet.

2-1.jpg

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Mine is an A. Jaffe. Does your wedding band have a center diamond or is it designed to be worn as a set?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s designed to be worn as a set, so the w-band looks sort of strange on it''s own. I''m thinking about having a thin plain band made that I could wear with the e-ring or alone.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
anchor31

I love how brilliant you diamond looks, so white. Do you have the specs on the AGS certificate stating the angles etc?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pyramid!
9.gif

It probably makes me a very bad PSer, but I actually don''t know the exact specs of my diamonds and I don''t have the cert. We were looking for a .50ct stone and our jeweller showed us his "special selection" of .50ct G-SI1 excellent cut diamonds. Those diamonds are gorgeous and sell very well so he has a good price on them. They''re AGS certed and he showed us the certs, but the stones themselves were kept in a single enveloppe so we couldn''t really tell which was which. I looked at one cert and if I remember correctly, it was something like this:

Carat: 0.506ct
Depth: 61%
Table: 59%
Crown Angle: 35
Pavillion Angle: 45.8
Girdle: Thin to Slightly thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Cutlet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Faint

Diameter about 5.15...

I guess the table and symmetry would be what makes it an "excellent" cut instead of an "ideal" one... But the HCA score is 2, and if my stone has numbers like these, I''m happy. The jeweller looked at the diamonds and picked out his favourite among them for us; it''s the sparkliest, more brilliant and firey diamond we''ve ever seen and we adore it! J is very proud to have given me this. I love the fact that we picked it with our eyes!
9.gif

ETA: Hm, I sound a little defensive...
40.gif
It''s not my intention!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Anchor31.

Maybe it is the table, I don''t know, but the pictures you have taken shows your diamond as very brilliant, more so than most I have seen on this forum. It just seemed to stand out.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m very flattered! Thanks!
5.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
anchor, your ring is so beautiful! it''s very feminine, probably thanks to the marquise sidestones and the shoulders (? I don''t know what to call the metal part on either side of the marquise). you did a great job picking the stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results