shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Arrived! Guess the Color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryuo14

Rough_Rock
After being a long time lurker to the site, I finally built up the courage to buy the ring online. Thank you all for being such a great source! I hope the picture shows up.

RB/1.6 carat/VS2/GIA cert/platinum tiffany setting.

What color do you think the diamond is??? I am so happy with the ring, it blew me away and couldn't stop taking pictures. Don't mind the fat finger (mine), but I love the bottom right picture. I can almost see my reflection!
28.gif

ryuo14thering.jpg

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Wow that sits up really high insure that baby! It is beautiful and I would guess an H or I maybe, pictures are really hard to tell color from! So many people on this sight buy and prefer that color range! Well tell me please!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I love the little bit of warmth it has - I''m going to guess maybe an H or I... My ring (which I''m still waiting for!) is an H and I wouldn''t have it any other color.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
that''s a lovely diamond!! I''m going to guess in the I or J, I see a very little bit of warmth in it - I love I and J stones, personally - I like the bit of warmth that it gives, but only in a round, I dislike this kind of warmth in fancy shapes... I want those very icy.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty...I am going to guess a J.

ryuo14

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! wen104 do you think the diamond is sitting too high? Now that you mention it, I can see what you are saying. I really didn''t look into that, I don''t mind it though. Sweetjetgirl, I hope your ring arrives soon!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I''m keeping my fingers crossed - he has it - he just hasn''t proposed yet!

So, are you going to let us in on your secret, or hold out a little longer? We''re quite impatient around here!
emwink.gif

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ok you didn''t tell us what it really is
emotion-20.gif
Still waiting! The height is a matter of personal preference. Some people really like it and some don''t. I don''t mind it and mine sits fairly high also in a cathedral setting. That being said just make sure that you insure it because it will be easier to hit and diamonds do chip ad break so better safe then sorry! You did really good!
emteeth.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how to guess color based on a computer picture, BUT I just wanted to say CONGRATS on buying your ring! It''s great! (Can''t wait to hear all about your proposal story . . . )

ryuo14

Rough_Rock
sweetjettagirl04, now does he know that you know about the ring? Let me tell you, it''s so hard to keep to keep it a surprise! She has been waiting as well, and I hope I hide it enough to surprise her.

Well, the color is L with strong blue fluor. with a tint of brown. After seeing K-L stones in the stores and how beautiful they look, I couldn''t go with another color. Considering the savings in price and "character" the stones give it was a no brainer. I was skeptical at first, but the warmth is so nice over here in chilly Boston!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring!!! Is it an I or J? It looks very white!!!

ETA: Oh I see you say it is an L, wow!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 2:33:40 PM
Author: ryuo14
sweetjettagirl04, now does he know that you know about the ring? Let me tell you, it''s so hard to keep to keep it a surprise! She has been waiting as well, and I hope I hide it enough to surprise her.

Well, the color is L with strong blue fluor. with a tint of brown. After seeing K-L stones in the stores and how beautiful they look, I couldn''t go with another color. Considering the savings in price and ''character'' the stones give it was a no brainer. I was skeptical at first, but the warmth is so nice over here in chilly Boston!

Yes, I was involved in the process - I picked out what I wanted and then we went to a designer to finish out my dream ring, which is definitely one of a kind. I sneaked a peek and then it was entrusted to me to get it sized, so I have seen it. I''m all about the element of surprise, however, my BF wanted me to pick it out because I''m the one who has to wear it for the rest of my life. I don''t care either way, and I tried to tell him to surprise me, but he insisted - what girl can say no to looking at diamonds?

As a side note, we don''t talk about it. That''s my rule. I don''t bring it up, I don''t endorse the conversation, because the rest is up to him and I want to be surprised.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and it''s gorgeous, she''ll love it! A little warmth is always nice.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
L????????? That is shocking and amazing! Mine is a J and I love it. I would have guessed J. Congrats on a gorgeous ring!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
GOG has a L with fluor (I think med) that I''ll bet is really pretty, too! I love lower colors!!

ryuo14

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to get some more pics that show the faint brown tint, I honestly can''t believe the stone is this clean looking. From the side I can''t even notice it and the top is so, so white! In certain surroundings I can see the faint color, but I actually like it. I certainly prefer brown over yellow. The fluorescence helps a lot.

We took quite a few trips to the local jewelry stores, so I had an understanding of what she likes. And yes, she loves looking at diamonds!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Well, we can''t wait to see some hand shots after you pop the question!

Before finding this site, I could never believe that lower colors could be so pretty, and even when picking mine out I was unsure, but I love the character they have.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
correct my prev post: GOG has a N with SB flour.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, who would have thought it was an L?! That is the same size as my stone, so I really love it! With those tiffany style settings, you can get a low, medium, or high head. I do think that diamond is set a little too high. I''d want the pointed part of the stone (the culet) to be visible but have very little space between it and the shank of the e-ring. You might want to ask them if they can lower it a little.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi your stone is very nice, but I agree w/ others the settings seems to be too high. There''s a lot of space between the bottom of the stone and the setting. I would be worried to wear it on a daily basis.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! And an L?! It faces up with just a touch of warmth-great find! I hope you''ll post handshots once you propose!

I have to echo a few other posters and say that I think the diamond is definitely set too high. I would try to get it lowered in the manner diamondseeker2006 suggested.

ryuo14

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments! I''m going to see if I can lower the head a bit, I did try it on my finger and it does seem kind a bit high (high risk for banging). I just hope I can have it done before Christmas, though I don''t plan to pop the question then.

I was so caught up with finding the right diamond, I really didn''t look into the different aspects of the setting. I''m kicking myself right now!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
a lot of vendors on this site do great solitaire settings. I had something done by whiteflash and it''s gorgeous.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 1:05:51 PM
Author:ryuo14
After being a long time lurker to the site, I finally built up the courage to buy the ring online. Thank you all for being such a great source! I hope the picture shows up.

RB/1.6 carat/VS2/GIA cert/platinum tiffany setting.

What color do you think the diamond is??? I am so happy with the ring, it blew me away and couldn''t stop taking pictures. Don''t mind the fat finger (mine), but I love the bottom right picture. I can almost see my reflection!
28.gif

Oh it''s beautiful! Congrats!!!

ulualoha

Gemini85

Rough_Rock
Very nice for being an L. It looks really white in that bottom left picture.
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results