shape
carat
color
clarity

FINAL!!! Any other advise on this stone. I need to sleep on what you all say! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! This is my last call for any other input/advise on this stone. I have done my homework, but I appreciate as much input I can get. I am making my decision tomorrow.
Thank you to all who have helped so far!
In looking at all this info.... what can I expect, and should I hold out for better HCA?
SI-2
3.20 Round
I color

Med blue flour

Sarin

9.43-9.47x5.90mm measurements
62.5 depth
54.8 table
35.6 crown
16.2% crown%
40.9 pavillion
43.1% pavillion%
0.5 culet

3.5 HCA-Very Good

David Atlas 1B Ideal Cut

Thanks again!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2005 8:36:10 PM
Author:glamgirl

Hi! This is my last call for any other input/advise on this stone. I have done my homework, but I appreciate as much input I can get. I am making my decision tomorrow.
Thank you to all who have helped so far!
In looking at all this info.... what can I expect, and should I hold out for better HCA?
SI-2
3.20 Round
I color

Med blue flour

Sarin

9.43-9.47x5.90mm measurements
62.5 depth
54.8 table
35.6 crown
16.2% crown%
40.9 pavillion
43.1% pavillion%
0.5 culet

3.5 HCA-Very Good

David Atlas 1B Ideal Cut

Thanks again!
does the stone come with a cert ? you have a I-scope picture ? i think the reason for the 3.5 hca score is because of the steep crown 35.6 combine with 40.9 pavil.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The report is from Dave Atlas. Have you chatted with him about the diamond?? What are his thoughts??
emthup.gif
emthdown.gif
emotion-40.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2005 11:33:20 PM
Author: pqcollectibles
The report is from Dave Atlas. Have you chatted with him about the diamond?? What are his thoughts??
emthup.gif
emthdown.gif
emotion-40.gif
pq
i don''t think AGA has seen the stone yet,i think she just use the DIY and came up with the 1b cut.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! The stone is a GIA. I am considering Purchasing it through Engagment Rings Direct.Mark has looked at it and says its a beauty. I want to make sure I make the best decision I can. The HCA scores 3.5 - All Very good, with exception of Scintillation, being just good. It just seems that most of everyone''s posts I have been reading are under 3 in HCA.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might try PM'ing Fire and Ice. She has a "non" ideal, 3 carat, I color diamond that has some blue flour. Hubby gave her a lavish budget to shop with and she looked around until she found THE one. It's not a super douper louper but I don't remember what she said the HCA rated her diamond. If I recall correctly, it's up in the 3 range somewhere. She didn't go "by the numbers". She went with the one that spoke to her, and she could have easily gotten an ideal cut.
1.gif

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! You have really been helpful!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wonder if you have seen the stone already, and judged the SI2-inclusion. For such a size of stone, there is a high probability of this stone not being eye-clean. The question is whether that matters to you.

Then comes the question of your budget, and whether you need to come down in colour in order to get a better clarity.

Finally, the question of cut abounds. With a weight of 3.20 Cts and a rather high, and thus steep crown, I wonder why the cutter did not lower the table in order to get extremely nice proportions, while clearly staying above 3 Cts. In order to judge that, one should see the stone, but I would guess that the major inclusion is probably at a spot where this would become prohibitive.

Your final decision thus depends on what is most important to you, price, size, cut, clarity or colour.

Live long,

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Perfection is very hard to find in a stone this large. I would have less issues with the cut & more issues with the inclusions. What kind are they? Can you live with seeing something on right occassion? And, more importantly is the price in line with the specs? In other words, you shouldn''t be paying super louper duper ideal price. Looks like decent symmetry just from the diam. measurements - what does it say about symmetry & polish? Also, what kind of girdle?

In the end, eyes are the judge. The jeweler procuring my stone examined it & thought the clarity grading to be more in line w/ an SI2 (though graded SI1) & though the stone listed med blue on the cert, it look more like strong blue. Mine is very white - set in platinum w/ better colored baguettes on the side. I really don''t see any color. Without my corrective lenses, close up & tilted a bit, I can see two inclusions. Can you live with that? In a 3c SI2, it would be quite uncommon to not see anything when you really examine it. I can not recall what the score was on the HCA. It was not under 2. I''m thinking PQ may be correct that it was somewhere in the 3.5 range. Very good if the price was right - and it was. I wasn''t driven soley on price. This stone just happened to come along, fit most of my criteria, and it was the cheapest one to come down - and the prettiest one at that.

HCA is just a predictor of what the stone may look like. I have stones with much better scores & specs. I like my 3c the best.

May be worth a look if price seems in line. Again, trying to find perfection in a large size stone & blue fluor is a bit illusive.

Good luck & let us know what pans out.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! When I talked with Mark (at Engagement Rings Direct) he said it was eye clean to his gemological eye. The inclusions (two large twininng wisps) are more to the side from looking at the GIA report he faxed. He did say it was a beauty!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paul is too modest. He custom cut a 3.02ct I color Venus by Infinity stone for a client last year. The client ended up not keeping the stone and Paul has it here in the States. I am sure that if you wanted to look at its specifics you could go to Pauls website www.venusbyinfinity.com. If you contacted him he would then send you to his nearest retailer who could show you the stone. It is a true Hearts and arrows quality diamond that will score well on the HCA scale.

It will give you more to sleep on.

Wink

P.S. I am one of Paul''s vendors and can be considered biased.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Wink!
I emailed Paul about this stone you are refering to. Would you happen to have any idea on the cost of this perticular stone, or any info....Flouresence? I will be finalizing my decision tomorrow, with Mark. I am not sure if this would meet my financial limit.

Thanks! Any other input is helpful..... even if I toss and turn tonight!!!

Jan

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oops. I think that we are crossing the line of self-promotion here, and definitely that of interfering with a pending sale.

My apologies to Mark for this, it is definitely not our intention to steal this sale.

Sorry,

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I should never post in the middle of the night and under the influence of strong cough medication.

Two apologies.

One, I should not have introduced you to a new stone while you are sleeping on another.

Two, in my fog I remembered the color grade incorrectly. It is an M, not an I.

It is 5:45 AM here and I am finally getting drowsy again. Me and my cold shall once again retire to bed.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results