shape
carat
color
clarity

Filigree Fleur-De-Lis Cross Shield Jewelry - please help determine time period for this piece

RegFound

Rough_Rock
Hello, new member here. Hoping some of you can help with a piece of jewelry that I have.

I found this decades ago at an antiques store. Looks to be a cufflink (half of a pair to be precise).

I bought it as it seemed one-of-a-kind and unique, and looked really old and a genuine antique piece. It looks medieval or maybe Victorian.

It's a pretty small piece - around the size of a penny for the oval shield part.

Can anyone provide some insight into the time period or date range of this piece?

Regards 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you can fill us in on some details I can’t quite make out in the photos:

Is/was the cross set stones, or are we seeing red enamel there?

On the back of the cuff link, does that look more like something that might have been carved or stamped in, or is it more likely deterioration of the metal?

Are there any stamps letters or symbols stamped anywhere on the piece?

RegFound

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry for the low quality photos. I think the red inside the cross is enamel or glass. Looks glassy, like it was poured in. It's not set stones.

As for the back, it is concave like a bowl and the link is attached in a crude way, like a really bad soldering job :)

I have zoomed in and cropped the images so you can see them better.

There are no symbols or letters stamped anywhere that I see.

Regards

1smcloseup.jpg

3smcloseup.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results