shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiancee''s ring, thanks to everyone that helped at PS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dude227

Rough_Rock
Here is one of two shots I took of my fiancee''s ring after all of the excitement of getting engaged this weekend. The picture is pretty poor, as my camera wouldn''t let me focus up close. I will see if we can get some better macro shots to post. Vitals are, 1.62 SuperbCert H&A, F VS1, Catherine Angiel setting. She loves the ring, and I know I am being banal by saying this, but it looks much better in person. She actually stopped by Excel last night and Judah told her the diamond was dirty, which was confirmed under a loupe, so I can''t even imagine how much it is going to sparkle after it is clean. I thought the girls at Catherine Angiel were kidding when they said they were shamelessly wearing the ring before I picked it up because it was so gorgeous, but maybe not, ha. Either way, I thought it was flattering that they liked it so much, and more importantly, that my fiancee loves it. Thanks to everyone who helped on this forum, to Barry and Juday at Excel, and a special thanks to RockDoc, who appraised the diamond before he passed. RockDoc worried me at first because he was very matter of fact about the diamond when he first received it, and I wanted more enthusiasm from him about whatever diamond I would eventually purchase, but when he started talking frankly about how nice the diamond was after running his analyses, that went a lot further than most of the lip service you usually get. I can''t be happier with how everything turned out. When she first saw it, my fiancee said, "It''s so small!" I obviously felt like I took a gut punch, and she quickly started saying, "No, no, I meant the actual ring, not the diamond!" Kinda funny. The ring is a 4.5, which is actually a little large for her, and when I saw it, I had the same thought, like how was something like that ever going to fit on someone''s finger. You ladies on this forum have some skinny fingers!

IMGP1260.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement! The ring is very pretty, I would love to see some more pics
2.gif
!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
It looks just gorgeous! Pls post more pics when you can. All the very best!
35.gif

I don''t think it is very nice of the sales girls at the place where you got the setting to try on and wear another young lady''s soon to be e-ring and if they did they should have given it a bath after. I mean what if they dropped it while they were taking it off or something and the diamond chipped god forbid or they nicked the metal in the setting? Maybe I''m overreacting but that''s just my 2cents.
Again congrats
21.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, gotta have more pics, gotta have more pics! Looks and sounds stunning, LOVELY taste!!!!
36.gif

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! The ring looks beautiful! Can''t wait for more pics.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks huge on your FI''s finger! Congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. I can''t say it''s supremely gorgeous until you shower us with more pictures.
11.gif
27.gif
10.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Wow...awesome ring! More pics pleeeeease!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, I really hope you can take a few more pictures!!! Try the flower button (macro), skip the flash, and get into natural diffused lighting. That helps a ton. It''s really beautiful and looks perfect on her hand, substantial but not overly large. Definitely not "so small" haha, funny story. I have the same sized finger at your fi and my rings are very tiny too I can see why should might say that. The stone is *big* though!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Nicely done. Congrats
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both! Would love to see more pics
4.gif
3.gif
!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! Now please be a darling and take more pics!!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, helllooooo... MORE. PICTURES. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I agree we need more pics!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I thought the girls at Catherine Angiel were kidding when they said they were shamelessly wearing the ring before I picked it up because it was so gorgeous, but maybe not, ha.

Dude - The girls at one of my favorite jewelry stores model the goods all the time. My guess is that they were wearing the ring. Very carefully, however, I''m sure!
19.gif

Beautiful ring, by the way, and congratulations!!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
what? only one tiny little picture?? that is unacceptable mister!
9.gif

congrats on the engagement!
36.gif
now it''s time to flood us with some more pics! the ring looks gorgeous!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is absolutely stunning!!! I just love that F color - mmm...mmm....good!!! It looks huge on her dainty finger! Congrats!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve only had two jaw-drop moments on this forum--this is #2!!! IT''S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to know more more more about it. I love that setting. MORE!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refuse to tell you how gorgeous it is until I see more pics, LOL! J/k! It''s gorgeous! Now, more pics, please! And tell those super nice gals at your jewelers'' not to be joking about trying on that ring in front of your FI. Some gals are very sensitive about others trying on their ring before it even gets to their own hand. I think if a sales associate told me or even joked about trying on my ring before I''d been proposed to I would''ve been thinking not so nice thoughts about her.
12.gif

Congrats on your engagement!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Now reward me for saying that with more pics...
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It look gorgeous! I''d love to see more pics, I''m curious about the details of the setting... Congrats!

dude227

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I will try to post more pictures as soon as I have them. I don''t have easy access to the ring, because my fiancee lives in NYC and I live in DC until Sept. She just cleaned the ring last night, and said there is definitely a noticeable difference, so I told her to take some decent macro shots and send them to me. Also, she is on her third manicure since the weekend, which I find ridiculous in a funny sort of way. I guess people are scrutinizing her hands constantly, so it makes sense...

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Constant manicures - that''s funny. Beautiful ring! You did an excellent job!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!!! Its a beautiful ring and it looks stunning on her hand!!!
36.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Ring and diamond......Thanks for Sharing

MWG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring..it looks perfect on her...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one gorgeous ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, it''s gorgeous! But we MUST see more photos! The setting looks amazing! I''m going to pop over to the Catherine Angiel website right now to drool over the settinges! Congratulations on your engagement!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the name of this setting? Just curious because I don''t think I saw it on her website! Thanks!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2, I think it''s cherish, under the "vintage" section. Dude227, is that the right one? I was trying to figure that out too--I just LOVE it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results