shape
carat
color
clarity

Few gems from Richard Homer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icce

Shiny_Rock
The colour isn''t accurate cause I took them under some ugly lamp..no sun up here anymore (to late). The yellow is actually a light lemon yellow and the blue doesn''t have grey its lighter than pictures. So anyways, future plans are to take the yellow make it into a half-bezel or full bezel pendant. The blue topazes...I am not sure. I think they make great earrings but my ears are pretty small and if they were studs...they would take over my lobe...(a 5mm looks to big on me and these are 9.7mm). So my question is what should I do with the stones. I got them because I wanted to own something from his designs and I don''t really know what to do with them but I knew I wanted something before the price increase (wish it could be one of the more precious gems sapphire etc but this is what I could buy :) ).

IMG_1333000.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
h

IMG_1345000.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
h

IMG_1359000.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
l

IMG_1366999.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
oops

IMG_1367000.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
k

IMG_1377000.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
m

IMG_1379999.JPG

Icce

Shiny_Rock
and thats all the pictures. I gotta wait for sun light to see it all nice..will loop it then too but I am sure they are fine.

IMG_13360000.JPG

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh they''re beautiful! I love the blue topaz, lovely shapes. I''m wondering could you get them bezeled, if you had a really good jeweler? Maybe one of the experts will chime in on that. That would really highlight that beautiful shape. Then you could set them as drop earrings, not studs, or maybe in a solid bracelet?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones, I love the flowers.
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the size of the topazes, the only way you can have them as earring is to have them dangle. They are still fairly large for a pendant but it is still possible with the right design (3 stone or dangle with multiple stones).

Icce

Shiny_Rock
I think I may get something made custom that is like this but different on the side veiw for the yellow gem (I am not a fan of how the side veiw looks on the webpage)...as for the blues I am still thinking. Oh I would set the yellow in yellow gold too.

gi_WF-4088-SET_m.jpg

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Love the flowers as they are very unique and look great.

BTW you say get them before the price increase. Was he having a sale?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love ''em! I love some of the shapes he comes up with!

Icce

Shiny_Rock
Not really a sale Sal from Cal. It was just starting Jan he raised his prices a bit to reflect the current prices of roughs. He was going off the prices from long long ago I think. I wish I could of got a garnet, sapphire etc., but I am glad that I had a chance to get some neat design even if it is just treated topaz and citrine (I will probably get another gem one day that is a garnet but these were just small purchases for now to have something from this artist.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones, citrine is my favorite (I''m biased, yellow color junkie)! Not sure you could bezel the flowers, if that''s what you''re thinking, due to an unusual/complicated shape, but a more simple setting like prongs is certainly doable. YG for the citrine sounds lovely, and it''s a substantial stone too. I agree that some sort of dangles would be best for topazes.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I especially loves the topaz.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Those flowers are stunning!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the blue carved stones
30.gif
I saw that on his site, and tossed and turned over it.. thought about making them some lovely earrings. Anyhow I''m glad it went to a good home Just gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 6:20:40 PM
Author: Icce
h
I dislike yellow gems, but this concave faceting really makes it look like the sun!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results