shape
carat
color
clarity

Female Mccain''s VP pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:26:30 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Whatever...I wish someone cared enough about my life to hack my email.
31.gif
Haha it''s created quite the uproar on both sides of the campaign; it''s like a soap opera nowadays anyway. I know some Dems think it''s a huge conspiracy by the Reps & some Reps think it was Obama''s people. SOOOO crazy!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:33:36 AM
Author: IndyGirl22
Date: 9/18/2008 12:26:30 AM

Whatever...I wish someone cared enough about my life to hack my email.
31.gif
Haha it''s created quite the uproar on both sides of the campaign; it''s like a soap opera nowadays anyway. I know some Dems think it''s a huge conspiracy by the Reps & some Reps think it was Obama''s people. SOOOO crazy!

Yeah I am not about to blame Obama''s people, I totally think it was some group of annoying crazy kids.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, things are so twisted that I don''t have enough faith not to consider that the Reps could have done it as a ploy and then shouted foul. It''s like they want to set each other up. People think I''m crazy for knowing just what each party is capable of doing, but really, doesn''t anyone remember Watergate? The lengths they go to to destroy the other side instead of making their own case is absurd. But I guess since the stakes or so high, they can just keep us fixated on this sensationalistic stuff so people forget about the real issues.

Seriously ladies. If we approached both of these tickets like a job interview, it''s easy to see which side is less qualified. Take emotion, fear, affliation and what you thought you were out of the equation and you are left with real credentials. Talk is cheap. Smear even cheaper.

Is is what it is. If the American people can''t get it right this time. We deserve whatever hell hath in store for us.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:51:27 AM
Seriously, things are so twisted that I don''t have enough faith not to consider that the Reps could have done it as a ploy and then shouted foul. It''s like they want to set each other up. People think I''m crazy for knowing just what each party is capable of doing, but really, doesn''t anyone remember Watergate? The lengths they go to to destroy the other side instead of making their own case is absurd. But I guess since the stakes or so high, they can just keep us fixated on this sensationalistic stuff so people forget about the real issues.

Seriously ladies. If we approached both of these tickets like a job interview, it''s easy to see which side is less qualified. Take emotion, fear, affliation and what you thought you were out of the equation and you are left with real credentials. Talk is cheap. Smear even cheaper.

Is is what it is. If the American people can''t get it right this time. We deserve whatever hell hath in store for us.

Umm..if I approached it as a job interview..well I still know who I would pick.
5.gif
And while you may not have enough faith that Reps wouldn''t try to idiotically smear themselves by framing some crazy left-wing protest group..I on the other hand do..and I also like I said am confident it was not the Obama crew either. It isn''t hurting Obama, what would be the point even?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there is a point. I think it''s bragging rights. Just like a person who has exceptional computer skills but use it to build a virus that destroys sites and causes havoc. There is just no understanding why someone does that other than to derive some sort of demented pleasure at their ability to reek havoc. Unbelievable.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:58:45 AM
I don''t think there is a point. I think it''s bragging rights. Just like a person who has exceptional computer skills but use it to build a virus that destroys sites and causes havoc. There is just no understanding why someone does that other than to derive some sort of demented pleasure at their ability to reek havoc. Unbelievable.

But what bragging rights would the Republicans get by trying to smear their own candidate?
33.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:59:36 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS

But what bragging rights would the Republicans get by trying to smear their own candidate?
33.gif

Not bragging rights, more publicity. I read (and haven't had time to confirm, so I might be wrong) that since the fuss over Palin/Bristol has quieted, Obama has once again taken the lead in the polls. This would be another way to stir things up again and put Palin not only in the spotlight, but in the spotlight as a poor and defenseless victim. They'd bank on the "personal quality" voters eating this up.

Celebrities do the exact same thing all the time. Stirring up drama means more publicity, and you know what they say about publicity.

Note: I'm not at saying either side is responsible. I'm guessing it was some bored teenage hacker.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 9/18/2008 12:58:45 AM
I don't think there is a point. I think it's bragging rights. Just like a person who has exceptional computer skills but use it to build a virus that destroys sites and causes havoc. There is just no understanding why someone does that other than to derive some sort of demented pleasure at their ability to reek havoc. Unbelievable.

33.gif
I *think* she meant the hacking group did so to get publicity/bragging rights...not the Republicans...

I'm sure it'll be easy enough to figure out who did it since everything is tracked nowadays & from the link you provided, so we should get some resolution soon...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 1:12:11 AM
Author: EBree

33.gif

Not bragging rights, more publicity. I read (and haven''t had time to confirm, so I might be wrong) that since the fuss over Palin/Bristol has quieted, Obama has once again taken the lead in the polls. This would be another way to stir things up again and put Palin not only in the spotlight, but in the spotlight as a poor and defenseless victim. They''d bank on the ''personal quality'' voters eating this up.

Celebrities do the exact same thing all the time. Stirring up drama means more publicity, and you know what they say about publicity.

Note: I''m not at saying either side is responsible. I''m guessing it was some bored teenage hacker.

Publicity does at least logically make more sense than bragging rights. And I am glad that you''re not trying to say Reps did this. That actually is very offensive to me I am sorry.
29.gif
I am going to go sleep and cool off.
2.gif
24.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 1:15:22 AM

Publicity does at least logically make more sense than bragging rights. And I am glad that you're not trying to say Reps did this. That actually is very offensive to me I am sorry.
29.gif
I am going to go sleep and cool off.
2.gif
24.gif

I honestly don't believe either side was responsible for this incident, but both sides are guilty of 'stirring the pot' to create publicity, that's for sure.
38.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:51:27 AM

kisses!
30.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 12:55:38 AM

5.gif
And while you may not have enough faith that Reps wouldn''t try to idiotically smear themselves by framing some crazy left-wing protest group..I on the other hand do..and I also like I said am confident it was not the Obama crew either. It isn''t hurting Obama, what would be the point even?
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Editorial about "Palin Derangement Syndrome"

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 8:53:50 AM

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Editorial about ''Palin Derangement Syndrome''

Really? You wouldn''t be at all swayed by the huge educational disparity between the two tickets?

Educational Background:
Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

& Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

& Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 1:49:26 PM
Author: thing2of2

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Really? You wouldn''t be at all swayed by the huge educational disparity between the two tickets?

Educational Background:

Obama:

Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a Specialization in International Relations.

& Biden:

vs.

McCain:

& Palin:

Yes, really. Biden''s JD is nice and all..but him plagiarizing on the law review is completely INEXCUSABLE to me.
38.gif
And it''s not all about degrees and school names..they don''t impress me 100%. Not to mention it''s interesting that Obama won''t release his transcript or LSATs..correct me if I am wrong on that one.
38.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2008 1:56:52 PM

5.gif
And while you may not have enough faith that Reps wouldn't try to idiotically smear themselves by framing some crazy left-wing protest group..I on the other hand do..and I also like I said am confident it was not the Obama crew either. It isn't hurting Obama, what would be the point even?
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Editorial about 'Palin Derangement Syndrome'

Really? You wouldn't be at all swayed by the huge educational disparity between the two tickets?

Educational Background:

Obama:

& Biden:

vs.

McCain:

& Palin:

Yes, really. Biden's JD is nice and all..but him plagiarizing on the law review is completely INEXCUSABLE to me.
38.gif
And it's not all about degrees and school names..they don't impress me 100%. Not to mention it's interesting that Obama won't release his transcript or LSATs..correct me if I am wrong on that one.
38.gif
Have Palin's SAT scores and school transcripts been released? Haven't looked into this at all myself, since I didn't know Obama's transcripts and LSAT scores were even at issue, and not sure of the relevance in the long-run (other than some apparently suggest Obama would not have been accepted into Harvard Law on his scores alone), but curious, nevertheless . . . .

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, we can get access to this stuff? I would like to see George W. Bush''s transcripts please!!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this has been asked, but I''m not keen on the idea of reviewing the last 43 pages...

I''m curious what Palin supporters (and everyone, really) think about Palin''s behavior during the birth of her youngest son, Trig. Do you think the decision to give a speech after her water broke, and then make a flight from TX to AK with a layover in Seattle, and then drive 45 minutes to Wasilla to deliver was a responsible one? Especially considering the fact that she knew he would be born with DS?

And, taking into account the risks of having an amniocentesis, why do you think she decided to have one (when she discovered he had DS)? If she was going to have the baby no matter what, it would seem that she wouldn''t want to take the risks of possibly losing the baby during the test.

Just curious

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

5.gif
And while you may not have enough faith that Reps wouldn't try to idiotically smear themselves by framing some crazy left-wing protest group..I on the other hand do..and I also like I said am confident it was not the Obama crew either. It isn't hurting Obama, what would be the point even?
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Editorial about 'Palin Derangement Syndrome'

Really? You wouldn't be at all swayed by the huge educational disparity between the two tickets?
Obama went to another school before Columbia but anyway...NO, I'm not swayed by education institutions alone. I prefer my President to have experience; just MHO. Ditto about plagarism in the law review Sarah...
23.gif

ETA: And obviously McCain's class rank is irrelevant to me, as I consider him one of the finest soldiers we've ever had.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 2:38:32 PM
Author: thumbelina
Maybe this has been asked, but I'm not keen on the idea of reviewing the last 43 pages...

I'm curious what Palin supporters (and everyone, really) think about Palin's behavior during the birth of her youngest son, Trig. Do you think the decision to give a speech after her water broke, and then make a flight from TX to AK with a layover in Seattle, and then drive 45 minutes to Wasilla to deliver was a responsible one? Especially considering the fact that she knew he would be born with DS?

And, taking into account the risks of having an amniocentesis, why do you think she decided to have one (when she discovered he had DS)? If she was going to have the baby no matter what, it would seem that she wouldn't want to take the risks of possibly losing the baby during the test.

Just curious
Her decisons concerning her baby don't really affect my views of her as a VP...I don't think being a good/bad mother = being a good/bad VP. I know several women who delayed going to the hospital after their water broke (all of them had had children before), so I can't judge her decision as responsible or not. I do think it's funny that people are so up in arms about it though (not saying you are), considering many women delay like Palin did.

As for the amnio...it was her personal choice to have the test done, but if I was 40 and pregnant I would want to know if the baby had any health problems regardless of if I was still going to have it anyway so I could mentally and logistically prepare for it. The risks of miscarriage due to an amnio are widely variable due to different factors that prevent drawing direct causal links in many miscarriages, but I've only seen anywhere from 1-2% increase in risk (in addition to the normal risk of miscarriage that accompanies all women). Personally, whether this was worth it to her is a personal choice and I wouldn't judge any mother that wants to have this test done to learn more about the baby growing inside of her.

Just MHO.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Educational Background:

Obama:

& Biden:

vs.

McCain:

& Palin:

Yes, really. Biden''s JD is nice and all..but him plagiarizing on the law review is completely INEXCUSABLE to me.
38.gif
And it''s not all about degrees and school names..they don''t impress me 100%. Not to mention it''s interesting that Obama won''t release his transcript or LSATs..correct me if I am wrong on that one.
38.gif

Really? That''s all you''ve got? "It''s not all about degrees and school names! And look over there-Biden did something bad!"

Don''t you think that''s a little bit ridiculous? I prefer that two of the world''s most powerful leaders to be well-educated, personally.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 2:50:35 PM

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Obama went to another school before Columbia but anyway...NO, I''m not swayed by education institutions alone. I prefer my President to have experience; just MHO. Ditto about plagarism in the law review Sarah...
23.gif

ETA: And obviously McCain''s class rank is irrelevant to me, as I consider him one of the finest soldiers we''ve ever had.

How does fine soldier automatically equal president, though?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2008 3:17:36 PM

Date: 9/18/2008 2:50:35 PM

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Obama went to another school before Columbia but anyway...NO, I''m not swayed by education institutions alone. I prefer my President to have experience; just MHO. Ditto about plagarism in the law review Sarah...
23.gif

ETA: And obviously McCain''s class rank is irrelevant to me, as I consider him one of the finest soldiers we''ve ever had.

Who better to bring us into another war??

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2008 2:38:17 PM
Author: MoonWater
Ooh, we can get access to this stuff? I would like to see George W. Bush's transcripts please!!
I'm guessing not so much. It appears Obama's pre-admission records are only relevant to some because they wish to discount his accomplishments, in whatever manner they can attempt (i.e. inferences and bold assertions that he would not have been admitted on his scorese alone).
15.gif
Sadly, Bush's records would not be useful in the same manner, therefore, they are not at issue, just as Palin's apparently are not. At least, not that I could find after a quick search on the internets.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 2:38:32 PM
Author: thumbelina
Maybe this has been asked, but I'm not keen on the idea of reviewing the last 43 pages...

I'm curious what Palin supporters (and everyone, really) think about Palin's behavior during the birth of her youngest son, Trig. Do you think the decision to give a speech after her water broke, and then make a flight from TX to AK with a layover in Seattle, and then drive 45 minutes to Wasilla to deliver was a responsible one? Especially considering the fact that she knew he would be born with DS?

And, taking into account the risks of having an amniocentesis, why do you think she decided to have one (when she discovered he had DS)? If she was going to have the baby no matter what, it would seem that she wouldn't want to take the risks of possibly losing the baby during the test.

Just curious
this article written long before palin was asked to be VP says that her amniotic fluid was leaking and she checked in with her doctor who said she could finish the speech and fly back. after having 4 babies she knew what labor is and isn't and felt that she had time. she even ended up having to be induced once she got home. It is also possible because she new the baby might have troubles she wanted to be close to home in case an extended hospital stay was warranted. But, like I say on the preggo and mommy threads, birth plans and labor and deliveries should be between a woman and her doctor.

http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/04/alaskan-governo.html

many woman who are over 35 opt for the ammnio and most dr's even recommend it for women of advanced maternal ages. the risk is very low for miscarriage and some woman just want to know if the baby will have special needs so they can prepare ahead of time.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock

It doesn't, just like a fine lawyer doesn't equal president; although I haven't read any cases that Obama or Biden argued... I just mentioned McCain being a fine soldier because his class rank was irrelevant to performance.

ETA: There's formal education & then there's education through experience. I wouldn't discount either one, but I don't think graduation from Harvard & Syracuse necessarily makes anyone better fit to be President than someone who graduated from the Naval Academy. Just a difference in opinion; I don't think anyone in this election could qualify as poorly educated, be it through their schooling or life experiences. Also, plagarism is a HUGE deal, it's pretty much stealing & it's a character flaw, especially when one doesn't learn from it & repeats it. (Not saying EVERY other candidate doesn't have flaws, just saying this one is more than a 'bad thing'.)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:16:40 PM

5.gif
Haha ditto!
2.gif

Educational Background:

Obama:

& Biden:

vs.

McCain:

& Palin:

38.gif
38.gif

Really? That''s all you''ve got? ''It''s not all about degrees and school names! And look over there-Biden did something bad!''

Don''t you think that''s a little bit ridiculous? I prefer that two of the world''s most powerful leaders to be well-educated, personally.

Look over there Biden did something bad? You must not understand how big of a deal plagiarism is to me.
29.gif
It''s single sanction here..you''re done..you don''t graduate..you don''t go here. He paid his due, but that still shows a huge character flaw to me. And no, I don''t think my opinions are ridiculous and no it really isn''t about school names to me. Let''s keep to the Pres candidates: to be frank if I was interviewing John McCain I''d see a main who was seasoned, experienced, and not afraid to say what he thought. Barack Obama? Sure he''s intelligent and knows a heck of a lot about Con Law, but other than that he''s arrogant and unsure of himself issue-wise. I like how Democrats always try to reduce everything education. "Educated white female vote" vs. "Uneducated white female vote" etc. Don''t get me wrong..education is important, but degrees aren''t everything. I know a ton of people graduating from college that are rather silly and didn''t learn much at all. Whereas my Mom and my Grandma? Well they both don''t have degrees and are some of the most well-read and intelligent people I know. Moreover, what McCain learned in those years as a POW and what he''s learned in his years in politics are priceless. And well Barack? He has great speeches. I surely hope that''s enough for you because I am not going to defend my choice to you anymore.
38.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 2:38:17 PM
Author: MoonWater
Ooh, we can get access to this stuff? I would like to see George W. Bush''s transcripts please!!

At least we had George''s GPA. But ohhhh he went to Yale, so he was qualified, right?
2.gif
Yes, let''s put it alllll on what school you got into and how you did. That sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Looks like I am heading for the top!!
6.gif
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 3:39:23 PM

It doesn''t, just like a fine lawyer doesn''t equal president; although I haven''t read any cases that Obama or Biden argued... I just mentioned McCain being a fine soldier because his class rank was irrelevant to performance.

ETA: There''s formal education & then there''s education through experience. I wouldn''t discount either one, but I don''t think graduation from Harvard & Syracuse necessarily makes anyone better fit to be President than someone who graduated from the Naval Academy. Just a difference in opinion; I don''t think anyone in this election could qualify as poorly educated, be it through their schooling or life experiences. Also, plagarism is a HUGE deal, it''s pretty much stealing & it''s a character flaw, especially when one doesn''t learn from it & repeats it. (Not saying EVERY other candidate doesn''t have flaws, just saying this one is more than a ''bad thing''.)

Exactly. The Mac openly admits he was a wild thing during his young days and got reeled in by going off to war. Just like college experiences shaped Obama and maybe Biden (hopefully at least
20.gif
) McCain''s experiences as a soldier shaped him. So since that''s settled how about we go back to the topic at hand?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results