shape
carat
color
clarity

Fellow Asian PSers, show me your sparklies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Hi all!
35.gif
Would love to see Erings/RHRs/bands/wedding sets from fellow Asians here on PS.

I live in sunny Singapore and am hoping to get engaged soon.
31.gif

Oh and did I mention I absolutely LOVE this site?! Go PS!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only if you send me some bak kwa.
27.gif
Welcome1

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:14:15 PM
Author: Harriet
Only if you send me some bak kwa.
27.gif
Welcome1
LOL! You know I would if I can find some at this time (1.30am!) but I say it''s never to late for some bak kwa...
11.gif
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Rosalynn!

You might enjoy the Show me the Ring forum in the meantime, check out the eyecandy folder here as that has all the PS rings on it, which one of our members works very hard at updating.

Have fun!

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:27:49 PM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome Rosalynn!

You might enjoy the Show me the Ring forum in the meantime, check out the eyecandy folder here as that has all the PS rings on it, which one of our members works very hard at updating.

Have fun!
Wow how could I have missed this... thanks for the link, Lorelei!
9.gif

belgian_mussels

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Rosalyn!
35.gif

I once lived in Singapore, love the shopping...

Here is my ering:

Ering123456A.jpg

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
helloooo fellow asian ladies! - here is my rhr/promise ring

100308.jpg

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rosalyn,

I have no rings to show you (yet), but just dropping in to say hi to fellow Singaporean!
35.gif

I'm currently in Sydney, but will be back in SG in Nov. Hopefully dear BF will propose then.
9.gif
We bought our diamond online from WF and had the ring made in SG. So if you need any help finding a custom jeweller in SG or with buying online from SG, just drop me a PM.
2.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, there are sure quite a few fellow Singaporeans here!

Hello! Hello! Hello!

I don''t have a ring to share as we are still looking for my ER stone.

Hi gladyskristen,

If I find a stone before end of the month, I may want to see the setting options in SG since I''ll be back for a visit. Where do you go for your custom ring and do you mind sharing your design? I''m very taken by Leon Mege''s work (esp his super fine claw prongs). Thanks!!

Pls share your ER once your BF proposes!!
9.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Things r a little more complicated cos we were engaged before and then we broke off our engagement. We've worked through our issues, so there r plans to get re-engaged. We'll be resetting the diamond in platinum when the time comes.

My old setting was in 18k white gold and cost him S$450 cos it has a thicker shank. Rings with thinner shanks should be ard S$400, depending on your ring size. Took them 2 weeks to make it. Here's my old ring, made by Yuen Tung Gems:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-a-setting-that-befits-my-x-factor.64109/

Here's their contact:

Yuen Tung (Wah Kee) Gems & Jewellery
1093 Lower Delta Rd #07-09 Tiong Bahru Ind Est
Tel : 6270 2278
Email: [email protected]

And this is what I want in the future after he re-proposes. I probably won't want the heart prongs though.
31.gif

surpriseheart.jpg

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 7:29:22 AM
Author: gladyskristen
Things r a little more complicated cos we were engaged before and then we broke off our engagement. We''ve worked through our issues, so there r plans to get re-engaged. We''ll be resetting the diamond in platinum when the time comes.

My old setting was in 18k white gold and cost him S$450 cos it has a thicker shank. Rings with thinner shanks should be ard S$400, depending on your ring size. Took them 2 weeks to make it. Here''s my old ring, made by Yuen Tung Gems:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-a-setting-that-befits-my-x-factor.64109/

Here''s their contact:

Yuen Tung (Wah Kee) Gems & Jewellery
1093 Lower Delta Rd #07-09 Tiong Bahru Ind Est
Tel : 6270 2278
Email: [email protected]

And this is what I want in the future after he re-proposes. I probably won''t want the heart prongs though.
31.gif
that re-proposal setting is beautiful!
36.gif
i''d probably go for a thicker shank too. will keep you updated on my ering hunt!
2.gif

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 8:53:32 PM
Author: hibiscus
I used to live in Singapore. Here''s mine. Bring me the satay :) Maybe Katong laksa, perhaps add this too fish soup, char kway teow. now I''m hungry, its about dinner time.. gtg. khttps://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/marquise.96095/ Don''t forget to show us the ring!
wow your ring is gorgeous! i''ve always had a soft spot for marquises....
18.gif

and yes one of the reasons why i live in sg is for the fabulous food!
3.gif
the dishes you mentioned are my faves too!

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 8:38:56 PM
Author: belgian_mussels
Here is my wedding set:
i love it! may i ask what are the specs on the diamonds??
4.gif
oh and how thick is the shank on your ering?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Rosalyn,

I''m so glad that I''ve finally found a Singaporean who is not totally set on the round brilliant thin solitaire look! I love my ring a lot cos it''s totally non-standard Singaporean.
9.gif
I had quite a number of friends insisting that i get a skinny setting cos it makes the stone look bigger!
20.gif
But I just really like the thick and substantial look much better.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine!

ringysj.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
To help with my thick shank vs thin shank decision, I've actually put together 2 pictures of febuary2003bride's ring (reset from 2mm to 4.5mm shank setting). Just thought I'll share it with you. Hope she doesn't mind! I've resized it such that both diamonds are exactly the same size. I think the 4.5mm shank does make the diamond look SLIGHTLY smaller, but the whole package is bigger and I'm so into that thick look!
36.gif

ultimatetastetest1.jpg

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine
21.gif

IMG7900.jpg

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks GladysKristen for the contact! Your existing ring is very pretty! However, I do like the potential new setting better! I too like more substantial look and only have chunky RHR. When I try it on my left hands, it looked weird.. maybe I am not used to it. From what I can see from this board, the skinny shank look is not just a Singaporean preference as it''s also preferred by many other lovely ladies here. :D

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine.
bkring01.jpg

rosalynlee

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 1:52:30 PM
Author: gladyskristen
To help with my thick shank vs thin shank decision, I''ve actually put together 2 pictures of febuary2003bride''s ring (reset from 2mm to 4.5mm shank setting). Just thought I''ll share it with you. Hope she doesn''t mind! I''ve resized it such that both diamonds are exactly the same size. I think the 4.5mm shank does make the diamond look SLIGHTLY smaller, but the whole package is bigger and I''m so into that thick look!
36.gif
thanks for this gladys! both sets are beautiful.
30.gif
but yes, to me, the thicker shank just gives the diamond more OOMPH!

i too have noticed that most local shops here recycle the same look over and over. we''ll probably do them a huge favor by introducing them to pricescope!
31.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
here''s my set...

hereyougo.jpg

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Sure feel like being back home just reading this thread
face1.gif
Booooooooooooootiful rings everyone. Here''s mine.

marquise11jaa.JPG

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Another.

hibiscus5a.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine as well!

IMG_4832 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results