shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling Limited

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Lately I''ve been keeping my mind off of engagement thoughts. I''m not in a rush and I know it will happen before October so I have calmed down and haven''t been pestering BF. Of course now he is mentioning it more since its getting closer and so I got back into drooling on SMTR and worrying about it all over again.

Today he spoke to a family friend where we were going to purchase the diamond from and now I am feeling very trapped. I know he wants to go through his family friend but I''m afraid my choices might be more limited than I originally thought. The jeweler only has a small selection of diamonds over 1ct and not many cuts other than round and princess bc they are in higher demand. Since I want a cushion cut and we agreed to get around 1.5ct it already seems like a downer. Anyway, in a few days he is going to call my BF and give him a catalog of loose diamonds and some settings they have. I know that chances are I will probably like something he has to offer or he can probably acquire what I want but I just get so discouraged when things don''t go the way I think.

Sooo long story short.... I am hoping it works out in my favor so I need some dust girls!!!!!!!!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
*****dust****** to you!

I know you feel discouraged but the benefit of this whole situation is that you guys are going to be looking at this catalog together...plus do you really think your SO will let you down in terms of what you want ;-) I''m sure you guys will make a choice that fits you both perfectly

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you''ll end up with a gorgeous ring. While the online prices can be cheaper, having a local jeweler you can take your ring to for sizing, checking, retipping; etc. is worth a lot. You will probably get a decent price as well since this is a family friend. Don''t worry.
9.gif

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
"I know that chances are I will probably like something he has to offer or he can probably acquire what I want" - bet ya that''s what going to happen.
-and-
sending some dusty- - - dust- dust- your way so the process is a fun fun experence!
21.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls!

I''m sure it will all turn out okay and I''ll be happy regardless but you know its hard to always thinks the best!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
****DUST******

I''m sure everything will be fine. I know my local jeweler has access to a wide variety of stones. So, if your bf gives him the specs he is looking for it shouldn''t be too much of a problem. Good luck with everything!

35.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Update bump::::

BF and I went by the jewelers house to get a catalog from him of settings and discuss diamonds. He knows I want a cushion cut and has a few he can show us so maybe we will go next Sat. None of them really pop out of the page for me but I think it all has to do with when you see them.

It was a good day anyway just to be part of the process and see how much my BF loves and understands everything about me :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
ring shopping is always fun. It makes me feel so close to my bf. I remember a saleslady told me to enjoy this fun process because it will go by very fast.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I know beezy it will go super fast...When do you think yours is coming back home?

The BF wants to go look at the jewelers diamonds but I told him I know from my research (on PS) that we can find something closer to what I want for a better price. I hope I''m right lol

Soooo I really want to go see Mark @ ERD for my cushion and BF says lets go... only thing is I dont know if they have Saturday hours so I emailed to find out and to make an appt. If they dont I''m not sure how we will work our schedules out around a different time bc we''d both have to get off work and thats not easy for either one of us to do right now.... siiggghhhh

Anyway I am soo excited to finally be at this point where it is getting so close I''m almost drooling with the thought of the final product. We still dont know what setting to go with... I really dont want to pay over $2000 for it but my tastes tend to be a little high in price :D Everyday I look at more it gets to be to much so I am just going to wait to pick a setting after we find the right diamond.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 3:28:58 PM

Everyday I look at more it gets to be to much so I am just going to wait to pick a setting after we find the right diamond.

I think a lot of people do that, so you''re probably not alone. I''m a little late to the party, but I know how you feel about not having options. My BF initially wanted to work only with a jeweler his mom uses - all the way across the country. Little tiny storefront, have them get both the stone and do the setting. I was so stressed about how the quality of the setting would come out, because we don''t *really* know anything about them. (and his mom''s jewelry is terrible). So I was relieved when eventually he came around to see that some of the excellent PS vendors are the way to go. At least in our opinion :)

Hope things go well when you see Mark!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks redhead! PS''ers always understand

We will be seeing him tuesday (tentatively) gotta see how the bfs boss is about him leaving early from work...

BUT YYAYYYYY on another note
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results